Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are people getting overnight/longer drives?
I have a specific drive from my home, to a location, and back, that my current car struggles to do, while keeping up with traffic (Yes there are chargers, but ain't no one got time for dat).

I'd like to do the same route with a 2023 X. (the one I ordered lol).

I just ask Tesla?

Had a friend of mine just bring over a blue model X 7 seater that he was able to keep over night for the test drive. It was a July 2023 build. I’m sure most of these issues that I’m about to mention have already been said before and while recent deliveries do look & sound promising, when you see the issues in person, it’s down right a gut wrenching feeling. I’m hoping and praying our pre-orders are no where near this bad lol. I completely forgot to take pictures as I was caught up in the moment. I have asked for pictures if he is able to snap some before returning. Keep in mind this was a demo vehicle.

The bad:

1: frunk misaligned and looked warped, passenger side strut lifting frunk by the windsheild when closed. Gap wide enough to insert finger. Wondering if this was done by folks not closing it properly on test drives?

2: driver side molding in front of side mirror lifted

3: driver FWD not closing flush. More sunken in when closed.

4: trunk misaligned, large gap on driver side.

5: black Tesla molding on trunk lifted on both corners. Double side tape is exposed and looked weathered causing it to come loose. Why is it taped on?

6: molding around passenger third row small window is lifted.

7: pass FWD not closing flush, door is pushed outwards causing gaps on both sides.

8: molding around pass door lifted and not flush

9: charge port making creaking sound when fully closed as if it’s trying to force close more.

10: weather seal on roof around both FWD looked heavily weathered for a car only 2 months old. Guessing this has been outside is the sun the entire time? Still strange.

The good:

1: It did have HW4 and matrix headlights look awesome

2: Interior was flawless

3: 22-speaker sound system was amazing

4: Standard 20” wheels look bigger and better in person

5: MXLR power is nuts. Especially when you floor it from 30. It was limited to 85 by the dealer which it reach insanely quick.

6: tried the drag strip launch and it was quick! Scared my wife lol

Wanted to pass along info on what to keep an eye out for when picking up your X
Pictures that were sent of the demo blue MXLR, July 2023 build

Attachments

• IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    699.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5304.jpeg
    IMG_5304.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5303.jpeg
    IMG_5303.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5302.jpeg
    IMG_5302.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5301.jpeg
    IMG_5301.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 87
tbh, i probably wouldn't even see those problems during my inspection...

im just gonna show up, make sure the paint looks good and the doors open close. everything else i really don't care 😆
you will be the HAPPIEST tesla owner out there! i just cant get passed the molding issues. most of them are not even in the pictures that were sent over.

How are people getting overnight/longer drives?
I have a specific drive from my home, to a location, and back, that my current car struggles to do, while keeping up with traffic (Yes there are chargers, but ain't no one got time for dat).

I'd like to do the same route with a 2023 X. (the one I ordered lol).

I just ask Tesla?
Yes just ask your dealer.

It’s different at different dealers. Where I am, you get to keep the loaner until the next morning if you schedule the last time slot from the previous day (630p if they close at 7p). Then you need to bring the car back when they open at 8am or sometimes they let you keep it for an extra hour until 9am. Usually they only allow customers to do this Mon thru Thursdays but that also varies.

I always do this when I want a test drive. GL!

Pictures that were sent of the demo blue MXLR, July 2023 build
This feels like a “spot the difference” puzzle. Perhaps I’m not as bothered by small misalignments. I feel like after the first curb rash you give up the idea of the exterior having a show room finish. Unfortunately, the poor quality control that leads to these exterior issues go hand in hand with something that’s a lot harder to live with: creaks, rattles, and other miscellaneous noises that invoke my misophonia and made all the worst in an electric vehicle without engine noise.

This feels like a “spot the difference” puzzle. Perhaps I’m not as bothered by small misalignments. I feel like after the first curb rash you give up the idea of the exterior having a show room finish. Unfortunately, the poor quality control that leads to these exterior issues go hand in hand with something that’s a lot harder to live with: creaks, rattles, and other miscellaneous noises that invoke my misophonia and made all the worst in an electric vehicle without engine noise.
pictures are terrible and not everything was captured, in person it is much worse.

i applied today with USSFCU smooth process so far you can the certification for American consumer council free using the coupon code USSFCU you upload this cert and open and checking account and further apply for loan

I applied with USSFCU as well for the "free" account with the code above on 9/25. still pending, no direct contact yet.

What was your timeline like? Did you apply for the Auto Loan yet or just opened an account?

Not sure if their approvals are good for 30 or 60 days, and since I don't have a VIN yet I guess I'll hold off for now.

USSFCU Current rates attached*

Attachments

• USSF CU Rates.jpg
    USSF CU Rates.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 70
For loans, I was planning to go with Navy Federal CU since they're my primary bank and there's a branch right down the road. Their rates are competitive if you're doing less than 49 or more than 60 month term.

1695836729299.png

Some folks on Reddit Model X forum linked a recent Rivian buyer mentioning getting 3.74% APR through Library of Congress CU. Their rate sheet just lists a range without associating term lengths, so I'm not sure how long that was for. I also believe you need to do direct deposit/autopay for that rate. Here's the link:

I'm really going to miss my current DFCU loan. 1.24% for 65 months is something I don't think I'll ever see again.. 🤯

Attachments

• 1695836811906.png
    1695836811906.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 66
For loans, I was planning to go with Navy Federal CU since they're my primary bank and there's a branch right down the road. Their rates are competitive if you're doing less than 49 or more than 60 month term.

View attachment 977624

Some folks on Reddit Model X forum linked a recent Rivian buyer mentioning getting 3.74% APR through Library of Congress CU. Their rate sheet just lists a range without associating term lengths, so I'm not sure how long that was for. I also believe you need to do direct deposit/autopay for that rate. Here's the link:

I'm really going to miss my current DFCU loan. 1.24% for 65 months is something I don't think I'll ever see again.. 🤯
Would you mind sponsoring me? Love to become a member here since it does have the best rates I can find.