Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied with USSFCU as well for the "free" account with the code above on 9/25. still pending, no direct contact yet.

What was your timeline like? Did you apply for the Auto Loan yet or just opened an account?

Not sure if their approvals are good for 30 or 60 days, and since I don't have a VIN yet I guess I'll hold off for now.

USSFCU Current rates attached*
i had applied on Friday for Savings/checking account still under processing but they got back to me yesterday for additional document which i shared. Once this account is approved i was told i could apply for loan, during this this time i will check with the bank for the validity period, you are right don't want this validity to expire not knowing the vehicle delivery date.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
For loans, I was planning to go with Navy Federal CU since they're my primary bank and there's a branch right down the road. Their rates are competitive if you're doing less than 49 or more than 60 month term.

View attachment 977624

Some folks on Reddit Model X forum linked a recent Rivian buyer mentioning getting 3.74% APR through Library of Congress CU. Their rate sheet just lists a range without associating term lengths, so I'm not sure how long that was for. I also believe you need to do direct deposit/autopay for that rate. Here's the link:

I'm really going to miss my current DFCU loan. 1.24% for 65 months is something I don't think I'll ever see again.. 🤯
yeah i miss DCU too 😆

Reactions: Neon001
Would you mind sponsoring me? Love to become a member here since it does have the best rates I can find.
For NFCU? I wasn't aware I could but I'll look into it. Happy to help however I can. I'm not a member of the LOCFCU, if that's what you meant. Folks in the other thread said you could join some society for $70 to be eligible though. I don't have any direct knowledge there, just parroting what I read.

If you're interested in NFCU, PM me and we can chat.

Reactions: TXDude and SpoonMXP
Order date 09/01
Model X Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Ultra Red
20'' Cyberstream Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Six Seat Interior
Yoke Steering
FSD transfer, trading in 10/20 Model X
Delivery: Sep 26 the to October 3rd.

Update:

Took delivery today in Westchester, PA. Car looked great except a slight panel gap between driver Falcon door and quarter glass. Have service scheduled for 02/10 to adjust. No other flaws noted. Car looks beautiful :)
FSD transferred right away once I accepted the delivery on the app. Needs calibaration before I can get the software update as per Tesla guy...

Order date 09/01
Model X Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Ultra Red
20'' Cyberstream Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Six Seat Interior
Yoke Steering
FSD transfer, trading in 10/20 Model X
Delivery: Sep 26 the to October 3rd.

Update:

Took delivery today in Westchester, PA. Car looked great except a slight panel gap between driver Falcon door and quarter glass. Have service scheduled for 02/10 to adjust. No other flaws noted. Car looks beautiful :)
FSD transferred right away once I accepted the delivery on the app. Needs calibaration before I can get the software update as per Tesla guy...
Had 11 miles on the odometer, build date 09/12/23

How soon after getting your VIN number did you get an actual delivery date?
I think it depends on how far you are from the factory and whether it’s the end of the quarter. If you are close to the factory or it’s the end of the quarter, you’ll get it very quickly. If you are far from the factory or not the end of quarter, I think they give you a very tight date range and ask you to pick a delivery date once the car arrives or almost arrives at your location. This is based on my own experience and from spending too much time reading Tesla delivery threads 🙄 But your real experience may vary

Reactions: icipher
I think it depends on how far you are from the factory and whether it’s the end of the quarter. If you are close to the factory or it’s the end of the quarter, you’ll get it very quickly. If you are far from the factory or not the end of quarter, I think they give you a very tight date range and ask you to pick a delivery date once the car arrives or almost arrives at your location. This is based on my own experience and from spending too much time reading Tesla delivery threads 🙄 But your real experience may vary
Got it. I live in the Midwest. Just got my VIN yesterday with a delivery range of 10/10-10/17. Curious if others are getting their cars before that date range or it's typically pretty accurate.

Had 11 miles on the odometer, build date 09/12/23
Really interesting data point. So you ordered 9/1 with a build date of 9/12, delivery 9/26 East Coast.

But you ordered day 1 of the price change and it’s not a inventory car.

Makes me wonder if the automated delivery date estimate of Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec has to do with build capacity compared to orders + shipping time. I bet someone could extrapolate how many orders there are from the change from Oct/Nov and Nov/Dec.

But it wont be me. :p

Got it. I live in the Midwest. Just got my VIN yesterday with a delivery range of 10/10-10/17. Curious if others are getting their cars before that date range or it's typically pretty accurate.
I think once you are VINed, the date range is pretty accurate. You should get a text or an email to pick a delivery date soon (usually when the car is shipped and they have a pretty good idea of when it arrives at your delivery center)

Reactions: icipher
Really interesting data point. So you ordered 9/1 with a build date of 9/12, delivery 9/26 East Coast.

But you ordered day 1 of the price change and it’s not a inventory car.

Makes me wonder if the automated delivery date estimate of Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec has to do with build capacity compared to orders + shipping time. I bet someone could extrapolate how many orders there are from the change from Oct/Nov and Nov/Dec.

But it wont be me. :p
Er, not quite. They build them in batches from what I understand, so this buyer probably just happened to order the exact spec that was slated for production several days later. It's very possible that someone ordering this spec on 9/4 would get their car before someone ordering a Plaid in a different color on 9/1. So it's really difficult to figure out their exact production rates from the limited data points we have.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
I got my Vin and delivery window of 10/4-10/11--hasn't changed since Vin assigned. I contacted the SA group text thing and was notified it's supposed to arrive to pick up location on 10/3. I haven't been invited to choose a pick up window.

And I have 2 problems with this...
1) what about FSD transfer
2) with all the best luck in the world, I am working (or on call) every day between 10/2 to 10/15. The dealership is a 4.5 hours drive away.

Thinking I'll need to delay or defer this one, but I'm waiting to see what happens and if by chance it somehow comes this week and I could go pick it up this weekend. And if not, what will happen with the FSD transfer? Would they let me pick it up after the window?

Er, not quite. They build them in batches from what I understand, so this buyer probably just happened to order the exact spec that was slated for production several days later. It's very possible that someone ordering this spec on 9/4 would get their car before someone ordering a Plaid in a different color on 9/1. So it's really difficult to figure out their exact production rates from the limited data points we have.
DRATS!

So far, I only seen non-plaids getting vin and delivery. Anyone here got their Vin on plaids that is not already at dealers?
Looks like 2 people in the plaid delivery thread have gotten VINs and with 1 in CA that Tesla pushing for accepting delivery by 9/30. Build date was 9/22. So maybe the Plaids are starting to roll off the factory floor?

Last edited: