Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Registered $80k Model X today after ordering 8/31. DMV said their system supposedly reported via Tesla has the MSRP as $120,990, and they could not go by Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, Monroney Sticker, Order Agreement, etc. So presumably this results in 50% higher registration fees every year for this vehicle. Tesla says they'll talk to the DMV, so hopefully something gets fixed generally so others don't get stuck with really high registration fees.
Wow interesting. I just got my ‘23 MSP registration renewal and it’s a whooping $1250! I’m going to hold off sending in the payment until right before the due date in December in case they modify the dues.

i had applied on Friday for Savings/checking account still under processing but they got back to me yesterday for additional document which i shared. Once this account is approved i was told i could apply for loan, during this this time i will check with the bank for the validity period, you are right don't want this validity to expire not knowing the vehicle delivery date.
I wasted my time doing this with Navy federal since they only approved me for 35k and at over 5%!?
But to be honest, my primary concern is mostly with the external panel and paint finish. And with those, can generally inspect from the outside. I've had people I know who were given vehicle by Tesla delivery with very obvious significant paint damage that was very poorly fixed in an attempt to cover it up. I just don't want a new vehicle that immediately requires paint rework and multiple panels having to have the paint blended. Essentially becoming a repainted car even though it's brand new.

The benefit for me with opening the car up is mostly to test the door/trunk/frunk hinges also, another alignment check. I feel like the majority of interior issues can be fixed if they are obvious issues/defects and I would be okay with accepting the vehicle with the expectation of them being addressed. Of course, if they didn't want to open the doors for inspection because it's missing a seat or more is another thing LOL
Only upside to that is that youll get thicker paint n clear coat since its so light from the factory because of the EPA laws or w.e.