Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently drive a Model 3, have EAP on it (bought day one). Was thinking to upgrade for $6,000 to FSD and transfer it over to my newly ordered (9/20) MX Plaid (EDD Nov - Jan). What are the chances of getting FSD transfer on the new Model X? 😁

Took delivery today. Built 9/23, 21 miles. The built quality is way better than all demos around the showroom. All the panels are aligned well and the door handles are all perfectly lined. FSD transfer was done before I entered the new X. The only thing is that they told me they don’t provide any free key fobs. Got only 2 key cards. I was going to argue for that but after walked around the beautiful car I totally forgot to.

Ordered 9/2, black IRA build, EDD push back 5 times. Bay Area.

slim if you dont have a VIN IMO
Guys, do not get worried about the VIN. The guidance set out by Tesla to service centers is pretty specific and says nothing about getting a VIN
Looks like many are starting to report the same. Expect Fred Lambert or others to begin reporting soon.. Here are links to a couple of articles recently posted on X.
Tesla Allowing FSD Transfers for Orders Placed by the 30th; Extends FSD Beta Trials

Tesla will honour Full Self-Driving transfers for late deliveries

Conditions reported as:
According to details of the new requirements obtained by Drive Tesla, customers must still place their order before September 30, 2023. To still be eligible to transfer your FSD package to your new car, you must also complete all the pre-delivery tasks in your account, including selecting the option to say you will be transferring FSD, and complete your credit check (if applicable) by that date. Tesla refers to this as the customer taking “good faith” steps to complete their delivery in time.

Additionally, if you order a custom configuration, and there is a vehicle with the same configuration available in existing inventory that is ready to be delivered, you must accept delivery of the inventory vehicle.
You need to focus on your pre delivery tasks. 1) get a reservation number by 9/30 2) Complete all pre-delivery tasks including selecting which car you want to transfer your FSD from, 3) complete your credit check (if applicable) and finally 4) be willing to accept an inventory vehicle if one matches your requested configuration.

I would expect many to not have VINs by 9/30 including many MX Plaids.

Reactions: awd_rails
This is my first Tesla (first EV as well) I was expecting it to be in Ann arbor or Clarkston. I haven't done any funding or autoloan process since I don't have a VIN yet. When I spoke to the SA in Ann arbor during a demo she said I will have time to go through the car before I can do final paperwork/payment. Is the process any different in Michigan? She mentioned something like Tesla cannot do the financing and I have to get third party for it. In the app it says Tesla location: Detroit -Clarkston-unfunded

did you decide if you are picking up in Clarkston or out of state?

Im curious how it would work if you are picking up in Clarkston, and need to reject the car. Is this even possible since you would have pre-paid for the car already.
This is my first Tesla (first EV as well) I was expecting it to be in Ann arbor or Clarkston. I haven't done any funding or autoloan process since I don't have a VIN yet. When I spoke to the SA in Ann arbor during a demo she said I will have time to go through the car before I can do final paperwork/payment. Is the process any different in Michigan? She mentioned something like Tesla cannot do the financing and I have to get third party for it. In the app it says Tesla location: Detroit -Clarkston-unfunded

Guys, do not get worried about the VIN. The guidance set out by Tesla to service centers is pretty specific and says nothing about getting a VIN

You need to focus on your pre delivery tasks. 1) get a reservation number by 9/30 2) Complete all pre-delivery tasks including selecting which car you want to transfer your FSD from, 3) complete your credit check (if applicable) and finally 4) be willing to accept an inventory vehicle if one matches your requested configuration.

I would expect many to not have VINs by 9/30 including many MX Plaids.
It seems like with the current guidance, some delivery centers and their staff may be interpreting the guidance slightly differently. I'm expecting that by Monday (hopefully), that Tesla will do an official announcement with specific terms clearly defined so there's no guessing.

Took delivery today. Built 9/23, 21 miles. The built quality is way better than all demos around the showroom. All the panels are aligned well and the door handles are all perfectly lined. FSD transfer was done before I entered the new X. The only thing is that they told me they don’t provide any free key fobs. Got only 2 key cards. I was going to argue for that but after walked around the beautiful car I totally forgot to.

Ordered 9/2, black IRA build, EDD push back 5 times. Bay Area.
Standard Phone Key now on the refreshed S/X, same as 3\Y. Just two key cards included for backup.

You won’t miss the fob… phone key is awesome and I haven’t carried any keys in 5+ years now. Just keep a key card in your wallet for emergencies or phone issues and/or valet use.

Tomorrow? What the heck… less than 24hrs notice?

Guess I need to apply for that loan ASAP!
You better be bro SA said someone in front of me was in vacation (must be desi 😄) and I got lucky I am moving with Tesla loan but will change to USSFCU next week once my loan is approved good thing is no prepayment penalty with Tesla but the sales tax of $4700 is killer lucky for you no such sales tax on EVs in NJ. I did ask if it’s an inventory vehicle they confirmed it’s not. More to come tomorrow with some pictures