Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At home will the MX charge as quickly (same kW) on a ChargePoint Home Flex charger as the Tesla wall charger?
YES - The ChargePoint Home Flex can charge at up to 48 amps the same as the Tesla wall charger. In order to charge at that full rate the charger must be hard wired on a 60 amp circuit. However, it plugged into a 50 amp, 240V outlet the max. charge rate is limited to 42amps.

Reactions: flyguyjake
I just got my VIN today as well. I went ahead and opted in to the Tesla financing but I’m not sure if GAP is offered in NC anyways. If Tesla does not, I may find alternate financing. What’s the best way to get it removed from the app

Aside from the 2023 vs 2024, I remember reading some forums here how tesla will only let you visually inspect from the outside, See post below. Mind you this from Dec 2022. Maybe they are more giving in 2023? Either way I agree, folks will lose their cool at delivery centers if they are not able to inspect prior to paying.

View attachment 977918
Picked mine up 2 days ago and they had no problem letting me inspect it inside and out, trying various things etc.

I just got my VIN today as well. I went ahead and opted in to the Tesla financing but I’m not sure if GAP is offered in NC anyways. If Tesla does not, I may find alternate financing. What’s the best way to get it removed from the app
I had to call them up to have it removed. I found a better rate at a local credit union. BTW Tesla insurance offers GAP insurance, not sure if it’s better/worst than what a bank offers.

You can always take the finance from Tesla and later pay off with a bank of choice which is what I am doing tomorrow

You better be bro SA said someone in front of me was in vacation (must be desi 😄) and I got lucky I am moving with Tesla loan but will change to USSFCU next week once my loan is approved good thing is no prepayment penalty with Tesla but the sales tax of $4700 is killer lucky for you no such sales tax on EVs in NJ. I did ask if it’s an inventory vehicle they confirmed it’s not. More to come tomorrow with some pictures
Congrats! Time to update the signature 😉

Guess you'll know by the build date if it's truly fresh built.

Saw a few 5-seaters locally in inventory with either just an added yoke or 22" wheels...if Tesla really wanted to squeeze out a few extra deliveries they would just need to swap some parts.

Reactions: rmenk and preddy
Congrats! Time to update the signature 😉

Guess you'll know by the build date if it's truly fresh built.

Saw a few 5-seaters locally in inventory with either just an added yoke or 22" wheels...if Tesla really wanted to squeeze out a few extra deliveries they would just need to swap some parts.
Thank you based on the VIN it’s 2023 build but I am curious about the finish

I agree they could easily swap the wheels or steering to make it tax credit or some magic in paper giving yoke free 😜

Can’t wait will post some pics after taking delivery at 1pm

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Thank you based on the VIN it’s 2023 build but I am curious about the finish

I agree they could easily swap the wheels or steering to make it tax credit or some magic in paper giving yoke free 😜

Can’t wait will post some pics after taking delivery at 1pm
Tax credit only works if the original MSRP when that VIN was produced is under $80k. Discounts afterwards will not help you. Also Tesla isn’t like a normal dealership they don’t swap parts of give on the spot discounts.

My EDD still says Sep 29th-Nov 3rd :) Still waiting on the VIN. Anyone else in similar situation? My order date is Sep 3rd

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930-095452.png
    Screenshot_20230930-095452.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Beekeeper