Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@NJturtlePower
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I cannot read your 2 JPEG charts. Where can I go to see them more clearly?
They are attached at JPEG's, you should be able to click on them and open them full resolution. 🤷‍♂️

Here's a link to the chart though, the other is just a screenshot from the Federal credit page with Tesla's current qualified vehicles selected.

I’ll keep you guys updated. I should get an actual date range in a week or so. If worse comes to worse I’ll pick up one on inventory. Tesla usually will do everything they can to push Q4 cars to customers.

If you're looking for the tax credit edition model n(<$80k MSRP) then it'll be hard to snag one in inventory. I haven't seen any near me for the past several weeks since the price drop. There was only one reported on reddit within the past month (likely a reject) that was snagged immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: wafer4391
If you're looking for the tax credit edition model n(<$80k MSRP) then it'll be hard to snag one in inventory. I haven't seen any near me for the past several weeks since the price drop. There was only one reported on reddit within the past month (likely a reject) that was snagged immediately.
Closer to end of quarter there might be more cars on inventory. I think Q4 will be significantly different from Q3. Besides, the factory was not running at 100%, now they are.

Cars on inventory are not automatically reject cars. There are many reasons and logistics is probably the most common. For example, the customer is out of town and can’t pick up the car on 2 days notice, the loan check didn’t come in time etc… Tesla gets pretty ruthless at quarter end. They’ll release the car immediately if you can’t pick it up. So you just gotta be ready to pounce.

Closer to end of quarter there might be more cars on inventory. I think Q4 will be significantly different from Q3. Besides, the factory was not running at 100%, now they are.

Cars on inventory are not automatically reject cars. There are many reasons and logistics is probably the most common. For example, the customer is out of town and can’t pick up the car on 2 days notice, the loan check didn’t come in time etc… Tesla gets pretty ruthless at quarter end. They’ll release the car immediately if you can’t pick it up. So you just gotta be ready to pounce.

It really depends...even MXP orders are being pushed out to January as well for those who ordered first week of September. Good luck to you. Factory was running at 100% since the price drop given they wanted to meet Q3 numbers ASAP.

I ordered Sept 6th, and mine says delivery between October 10-Nov 14 and I live in OR. I still haven't received a VIN yet. Some Sept 1 orders still haven't received their VIN yet. I doubt I'll get the car until at least the last week of October.

You're right. Cars on inventory are not automatically reject cars but the chance is still there. At quarter end, and year's end, customers will be doing EVERYTHING possible to get the money in on time to get the tax credit. Likewise, customers will be absolutely ready to pick up the car in two days before year's end if they want that tax credit. It'll be MORE of a rush than Q3. Everyone seems to be wanting the Ultra Red model, so you're going to have to be flexible on color.

Last edited:
It really depends...even MXP orders are being pushed out to January as well. Good luck to you. Factory was running at 100% since the price drop given they wanted to meet Q3 numbers ASAP.

I ordered Sept 6th, and mine says delivery between October 10-Nov 14 and I live in OR. I still haven't received a VIN yet. Some Sept 1 orders still haven't received their VIN yet.
Yeah the Plaids are out of luck since they are probably prioritizing the 80k cars. So I don’t expect them to get a vin soon. There’s hope for all the 80k cars though. And thanks I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Yeah the Plaids are out of luck since they are probably prioritizing the 80k cars. So I don’t expect them to get a vin soon. There’s hope for all the 80k cars though. And thanks I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
I wouldn't necessarily say so for the Plaids as it seems like Plaid VINs are starting to be assigned. Also, I see some Plaids showing up on the Tesla available inventory as well. I think it will come down to how flexible you are as a buyer with various colors and options combinations if you're looking to grab one from available inventory. Also, you'll need to check the Tesla inventory site regularly as well.

Last edited:
Ordered on 9/2
MXP - UR, Black, 20"
EDD1: Sept 17-Sept 30
Final EDD was Sept 30-Oct 19
Got VIN Yesterday - it will be 2023
I am holding to accept the lack of USS changes

From what I understood reading the forums, prior to delivery I can discuss with SA to delay my order possibly 2-4 wks. Hope this would give me a 2024 Vin...
Any thoughts ?

Ordered on 9/2
MXP - UR, Black, 20"

From what I understood reading the forums, prior to delivery I can discuss with SA to delay my order possibly 2-4 wks. Hope this would give me a 2024 Vin...
Any thoughts ?
Don’t reply to them for a week or two. Then tell them you’re not ready to accept the car loan got messed up. They’ll instruct you to go online and put your order on hold. After 2 weeks the hold automatically releases and a new vin will be assigned shortly after. Hopefully it’s November by then and you should be good.

I wouldn't necessarily say so for the Plaids as it seems like Plaid VINs are starting to be assigned. Also, I see some Plaids showing up on the Tesla available inventory as well. I think it will come down to how flexible you are as a buyer with various colors and options combinations if you're looking to grab one from available inventory. Also, you'll need to check the Tesla inventory site regularly as well.
I’m glad the Plaid vins are coming. I would love to get the Plaid too but I need the extra space of the 5 seater. Always a hoot to drive a P car haha.

They are attached at JPEG's, you should be able to click on them and open them full resolution. 🤷‍♂️

Here's a link to the chart though, the other is just a screenshot from the Federal credit page with Tesla's current qualified vehicles selected.

@NJturtlePower
Thanks, the LINK was perfect!! It seems to me that the 2024 requirement is only 10% more than 2023, for Battery, Minerals and the like!

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Ordered on 9/2
MXP - UR, Black, 20"

Any thoughts ?

Don’t reply to them for a week or two. Then tell them you’re not ready to accept the car loan got messed up. They’ll instruct you to go online and put your order on hold. After 2 weeks the hold automatically releases and a new vin will be assigned shortly after. Hopefully it’s November by then and you should be good.
Can you even do that? I think they will cancel your order if you don't respond to them within a couple days. They don't care your car loan got messed up or not, they just take $250 your order fee and hand the car to the person next in line.

My FSD transfer is gone.
1696528704623.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
My FSD transfer is gone. View attachment 979868

The app isn't showing it because it was programed to turn off based on the 9/30 date. Tesla may or may not update the app to show it again. There's a possibility they may choose to just leave it hidden for now to prevent new orders post 9/30 from selecting FSD transfer. If you had specified the FSD transfer before 9/30, it will still be in the system on the backend.

I just asked Tesla today via my text thread with them and they confirmed that my order is still eligible for FSD transfer. Others have also confirmed this with their SA in previous comments above.

FSD response.jpg

• Informative
The app isn't showing it because it was programed to turn off based on the 9/30 date. Tesla may or may not update the app to show it again. There's a possibility they may choose to just leave it hidden for now to prevent new orders post 9/30 from selecting FSD transfer. If you had specified the FSD transfer before 9/30, it will still be in the system on the backend.

I just asked Tesla today via my text thread with them and they confirmed that my order is still eligible for FSD transfer. Others have also confirmed this with their SA in previous comments above.

View attachment 979870

It looks like based on what they replied you can't reject the first VIN they give you, even if the car had defects and you wanted to switch it out for another VIN.

It looks like based on what they replied you can't reject the first VIN they give you, even if the car had defects and you wanted to switch it out for another VIN.
I'm not sure about that. I did ask them specifically about that scenario but their response was noncommittal.

I guess we'll cross that bridge if we get to it. My guess is that if it's for valid reason such as obvious defects on the car at the time of delivery inspection (falling under good faith effort to accept delivery), I would think that they would allow it. I think it's primarily there to prevent people from rejecting 2023 builds to wait for 2024 VINs

In my specific scenario, I have already rejected a previous MXP VIN for panel gap issue. And I've been told that an order can only have up to 2 VINs assigned to it. So fingers crossed on my next VIN 🤞

Last edited: