Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla reprints the Monroneys all the time.
If that was true why were there so many X's sitting in inventory at the end of Q3 with nothing more than an optional set of 22's or the Yoke pushing it out of the tax credit limit? 🤔

They could have just swapped the parts and delivered a ton more to owners like all us here waiting.

As far as I know once the VIN is produced and linked to a build config. nothing changes. Same like discounted inventory vehicles confirmed to NOT qualify becuase it goes by the original MSRP, not what you paid.

Reactions: snorlax and pray4n8
If that was true why were there so many X's sitting in inventory at the end of Q3 with nothing more than an optional set of 22's or the Yoke pushing it out of the tax credit limit? 🤔

They could have just swapped the parts and delivered a ton more to owners like all us here waiting.

As far as I know once the VIN is produced and linked to a build config. nothing changes. Same like discounted inventory vehicle confirmed to NOT qualify becuase it goes by the original MSRP, not what you paid.
Facts.

As far as I know once the VIN is produced and linked to a build config. nothing changes. Same like discounted inventory vehicles confirmed to NOT qualify becuase it goes by the original MSRP, not what you paid.
Fair. Where I’m coming from: I preordered a model Y at around the 60k price. The price had changed two or three times by the time I took delivery. There was no monroney. I asked for it because it’s often requested by third party tradein companies. They reprinted it and it was with the current pricing at the time of delivery. The total vehicle cost was completely different than my contract. I pointed it out to them and they said oh, you’ll have to wait for us to email it to you if the numbers are off. I drove off and they emailed me one corresponding to my preorder price the next day.

Plenty of reasons we can speculate about why they aren’t swapping parts or wheels beyond the original factory configuration.

Reprint is just reprinting the original. The Monroney law literally says the manufacturer cannot alter or edit the label once produced. That’s the whole point of the label and the reason why the law was created - transparency for the consumer.
For the record when my monroney was reprinted (x2 I suppose) the configuration listed on the document did not change.

Reactions: pray4n8
Hi All,

I had ordered a model X base with white interior, but I got a super late delivery date and wanted my loan app not to run out so I chose just yesterday an inventory car that just showed up. From what I noticed, they dont last long so I was able to get what I wanted, with the exception of the white interior, but everything else is the same. I already own a Model Y Performance with white interior so I wasn't missing much.

My concern is to be honest the Matrix LED headlights. I know for sure my order if I wait will have them, but since I took a inventory car - is there anyway to tell by the VIN if this car was built around maybe in September which should be for sure guaranteed as those headlights only started rolling out around June time line?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I had ordered a model X base with white interior, but I got a super late delivery date and wanted my loan app not to run out so I chose just yesterday an inventory car that just showed up. From what I noticed, they dont last long so I was able to get what I wanted, with the exception of the white interior, but everything else is the same. I already own a Model Y Performance with white interior so I wasn't missing much.

My concern is to be honest the Matrix LED headlights. I know for sure my order if I wait will have them, but since I took a inventory car - is there anyway to tell by the VIN if this car was built around maybe in September which should be for sure guaranteed as those headlights only started rolling out around June time line?

Thanks!

If the car was built after June/July, you will have Matrix Headlights. You can always ask Tesla to see if it has them.

I am seeing everyone talking about MXP's getting their dates/VIN's recently unless I am not paying attention. Is there continuing movement on the MXT (Tax edition) ones? I ordered 9/27 with a Nov-Dec delivery estimate and concerned about slipping into Jan (like everyone else).