Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not saying YOU’RE wrong, but this hasn’t been true since 2020. Tesla USED to do things this way, but more recently has been tying refreshes to model years - Model 3 chrome delete refresh, Model 3 highland. That’s not to say that all refreshes would be tied to model year refreshes, but there is enough data to contradict this assumption that once was true. Tesla could absolutely refresh the S/X line with the 2024 model year upgrade (especially since the Shanghai Y just got ambient lighting, and I’m willing to bet those vehicles are 2024 ones), so just let people look forward to what they look forward to.

I could absolutely be wrong, by the way, but in the end, if people are holding out 2 weeks for a chance at a minor refresh because it makes them happy, who cares?
How do you know that Model 3 Highland release is tied to model year? What is your source? Can you confirm that all Highland release will have ‘24 VIN?

Nice...best color imo. I should have gone with red. Where in NJ are you located and where are you going to get the fronts windshield tinted?
Thanks. I am in central NJ East Brunswick. Not getting the front windshield tinted just the two sides. Not many shops will do the single piece, plus the price is a bit much. I've had my other cars done at Elite Tinting and Tint Tech, so most likely one of those.

How do you know that Model 3 Highland release is tied to model year? What is your source? Can you confirm that all Highland release will have ‘24 VIN?
Of course I don’t have a source. We know that Tesla is starting Highland deliveries in October, and we know that Tesla starts model year upgrades in October/November (which, by the way, is another concession and change, Tesla used to roll model years over during the start of the calendar year, but promptly swapped this to the traditional auto manufacturer model after realizing people didn’t want to buy a 2023 model year in December of 2023 when other manufacturers have been making 2024s for 2-3 months). There is also no source confirming that Highland WON’T be a 2024 model year.

It’s logical to assume that Highland deliveries will be tied to 2024 VINs. If you look at the data, there’s more data supporting refreshes being tied to model years than data supporting the counter.

Not sure why everybody is up in arms about this - just let people enjoy whatever they choose to enjoy.

GREAT NEWS… According to my SA, Tesla sent out guidance to all delIvery centers yesterday. They will honor FSD transfers after 9/30 “if u had the intent to pickup before 9/30”. Not sure how far this goes, but my guess is that it will be for all of us that had a delivery estimate in Sep-Oct when we put down the $250. Can’t wait to get my MXLR, red, black interior, steering wheel, 20’. EDD still 10-23 Oct. Will continue to keep you updated.
Finally got a delivery date. Oct 19 then directly to EVstudio for PPF and tint.

For those of you that have gone through delivery and FSD transfer about how long after delivery text or before delivery date did they send you the FSD transfer paperwork to sign?

Not sure why everybody is up in arms about this - just let people enjoy whatever they choose to enjoy.
We are not up in arms about this. And of course everyone is free to choose what they want to do with their order and money. We are just here to point out our views that ‘23 vs ‘24 VIN might not make any difference in the end and simply have a peace of mind and enjoy the car if you get ‘23 VIN. But of course you are free to choose what you want. But wait… there is another problem with Tesla. You can’t really choose whatever you want. Tesla is not like a car dealer where you can go there and tell them I want to buy the newest model or an older one with discount. I know you can try to delay your VIN. But there is still no guarantee that your next one will be ‘24 VIN. So, I guess if you can’t be happy with what you get, it’s better to cancel. IMO, it’s pretty stupid to spend $80k+ for something that you are not happy about