Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The no stalk is the worst decision ever.
Second worst. The worst is making the horn a tiny right thumb button you can't find in a panic situation.... like what happened to me yesterday when some idiot decided to make a right turn in front of me without looking my direction. Of course I slammed my hand on the airbag. And then had to look down at the wheel to find to stupid horn.

I’ll share my experience regarding resale/ trade-in value. I bought a new Tesla MYP at the end of 2021 and got a 2022 model. Last week I was looking to get rid of it to make room for a MX. KBB said the car’s trade in value was $41,850. I sold to a local dealer for $41,700. Now if I input the same car mileage, condition, etc but make the model year 2021. KBB says $36,500.

So there you go, the difference between a 2021 and 2022 MYP that’s a week apart is about $5k after 2 years. But if you plan to keep your car 5+ years, I would imagine that number would be significantly less.
Summed up my main reason to prefer a 2024. Again is getting a 2023 a deal breaker for me?!? Nope. But I'm looking at keeping the car for 2-3 years max, so a 2024 will help the resale when the time comes. But I'm not sweating it. I'll get what I get... With a expected Mid Dec delivery who knows at this point.

Second worst. The worst is making the horn a tiny right thumb button you can't find in a panic situation.... like what happened to me yesterday when some idiot decided to make a right turn in front of me without looking my direction. Of course I slammed my hand on the airbag. And then had to look down at the wheel to find to stupid horn.
had a collision occurred, and an audible horn likely have prevented it, I think you'd have a case.
I'd hear that out as a juror/Judge.

As for the stalks - I figured I'll just go full BMW mode.

Stupid question - with no PARK button, which I know doesn't get used much/is auto etc...
Where is the E-Brake on these cars?
Not that in 25+ years of driving I've ever used an 'e-brake'. but still, it has to exist, right?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Or Tesla could just put it where every other car on earth has it.
Not "every other car on earth" has it in the center. Many cars have horn buttons on the spokes. Some also had it as a "bar" near the inside of the wheel.

Like the Lotus Exige where the horn is thumb buttons on the left and right spokes:

1698934436441.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I have a 22 MS LR, that tiny horn button drives my wife crazy. Some button is still needed, IMO. Now that we have a 23 MX LR on order, wife is bitching about the lack of a large horn button over and over. But with that price + $7.5K Tax Credit, she agreed there is no alternative. Some of the Tesla car designers must live in the space age, I swear.

Last edited:
had a collision occurred, and an audible horn likely have prevented it, I think you'd have a case.
Since there is no formal/regulated location for the horn button, which a vehicle isn't even required to have by federal regulations, if I was a juror on that case, I would take that argument as an admission that you were unfamiliar with the proper operation of the safety features of the vehicle you were driving. (i.e. admitting fault.)

I hope there will be a recall at some point, seriously. I can live without stalk.
I don't think that is ever going to happen, as the location of the horn button isn't prescribed by regulations and varies by vehicle.

Last edited:
Since there is no formal/regulate location for the horn button, which a vehicle isn't even required to have by federal regulations, if I was a juror on that case, I would take that argument as an admission that you were unfamiliar with the proper operation of the safety features of the vehicle you were driving. (i.e. admitting fault.)

I don't think that is ever going to happen, as the location of the horn button isn't prescribed by regulations and varies by vehicle.
While there is no legal requirement to have a horn, and thus I assume no definition of 'where horn button goes', I'd argue it's a de facto standard, and I'd agree with my own argument. There are often no stop signs at the end of parking lot rows, and yet people seem to come to a stop at them.

Manufactures have been sued, and lost, even when the vehicle 'met legal requirements'.

So, you have precedent as well. I hope to never find out, but I'd certainly be willing to go to court over it.
As an enthusiast, owner, and shareholder, the whole thing is asinine. Horn goes in the middle.

New EDD: 11/9-12/14
No VIN assignment yet.
Went to the Prudential Tesla Show Room, and asked to see if they can see when the vehicle will arrive at the service center.
I saw a 11/18 estimated arrival.

Will keep folks updated.
Another weekly follow up,
Same status, no change to EDD of 11/9-12/14.
Trade-in value of the MYP expired, got a new value of $700 less.
I did submit an application for FedChoice yesterday and just waiting back on approvals.

As for the stalks - I figured I'll just go full BMW mode.

Stupid question - with no PARK button, which I know doesn't get used much/is auto etc...
Where is the E-Brake on these cars?
Not that in 25+ years of driving I've ever used an 'e-brake'. but still, it has to exist, right?
At least on the demo unit I drove there are still traditional buttons for drive control. They aren't lit up but they are right under the phone trays and light up when you touch them.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl