Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If history repeats itself we’re a week to 10 days away from a 2024 vin.
People have been claiming this since Oct 1st.... then it was Oct. 15th, then Nov. 1st, etc. :rolleyes:

Tesla does not follow any strict VIN production schedule and it's always varied a bit year to year based on owner reports going back even 5+ years.

I can guarantee a 2024 VIN though.... It's in 61-days or less! ;)

Also, those who are rejecting their 2023 VINs hoping to get a 2024 VIN at this point run the risk of not getting their vehicles before Dec. 31. I've come to accept whichever car I get, I will probably end up accepting unless it has a lot of issues on delivery.

It's already been almost two months since I ordered the vehicle, and have still yet to receive the VIN.

LR Model X orders pushed back again. Original: Dec. 2023 - Jan. 2024
New EDD Jan. 2024 - Feb. 2024

Plaid orders are still Dec. 2023 - Jan. 2024
Good catch. 9 days ago it was November/December for both. 3 days ago it was December/January for both. Now this split. Appears they are going to give priority to Plaids. $15k higher price @ 1000 vehicles would be $15,000,000 more revenue for the quarter.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Makes no sense. Meanwhile 10/5 MXP order still with an unchanged 12/21 to 2/15…

It's quite possible that it was a rejected VIN that was already delivered or on its way to a Tesla Center near him for another customer. He was next on the list for a Stealth Gray in that area because nobody else ordered a stealth gray before him.

It's really lucky for him if the car was rejected due to financial reasons, not because there were problems on inspection.

It's quite possible that it was a rejected VIN that was already delivered or on its way to a Tesla Center near him for another customer. He was next on the list for a Stealth Gray in that area because nobody else ordered a stealth gray before him.

It's really lucky for him if the car was rejected due to financial reasons, not because there were problems on inspection.
Agree, hoping it was just a canceled order or financial reasons and not problems. Otherwise, it will be another rejection.

Finally got the VIN assigned. Still a 2023 7SAXCDE54PF421XXX
Order date : 9/3 ultra red MX base model.

Got a message saying I need review and accept order updates regarding Tesla Vision stating no USS, and some features like summon are temporarily limited etc. Is this a common thing in the recent past ? This is my first Tesla so wanted to confirm before I accept. also when do I get final EDD? I don't see a date range now just a warning to review Tesla account. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Got a message saying I need review and accept order updates regarding Tesla Vision stating no USS, and some features like summon are temporarily limited etc. Is this a common thing in the recent past ? This is my first Tesla so wanted to confirm before I accept. also when do I get final EDD? I don't see a date range now just a warning to review Tesla account. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Yes all new Teslas are non USS now and this disclaimer has to be signed. No way around it and no end in sight.

I think people with Ultra Red MXLR will be getting their VINs in the next couple of days as well.