Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think this is a cost-saving move from Tesla? Less parts, everything is controlled by software, which technically costs nothing extra.
It may be, or it may be, by the same 12yr old who designs much of their stuff. (someone with no real world use thought).
It's great to reevaluate old designs and look to the future, etc. But this is not only a step backwards, but will cost them more long run.

They took a year(?) to back track on the yoke thing... once the lack of stalks hits the 3/Y (mass market), it will only be a matter of time until it's 'fixed'.

Well, Tesla definitely got me. This will be my 3rd Tesla so I’m aware of shifts here and there but initial EDD has never been so off. Really feels like Tesla just wanted people to put in order with false hope of taking delivery before end of year.

MXLR STEALTH GREY (TAX CREDIT EDITION)
ORDER DATE : 10/23
INTIAL EDD : NOV - DEC
EDD 2 : DEC - JAN
EDD 3 : JAN - FEB

In a matter of 10 days Iv been pushed back 2 months. Hopefully next update will be more positive.

Well, Tesla definitely got me. This will be my 3rd Tesla so I’m aware of shifts here and there but initial EDD has never been so off. Really feels like Tesla just wanted people to put in order with false hope of taking delivery before end of year.

MXLR STEALTH GREY (TAX CREDIT EDITION)
ORDER DATE : 10/23
INTIAL EDD : NOV - DEC
EDD 2 : DEC - JAN
EDD 3 : JAN - FEB

In a matter of 10 days Iv been pushed back 2 months. Hopefully next update will be more positive.
It's actually quite shocking how they have no idea when a car will be delivered. They have some of the brightest minds working for them. I understand delays for a week or so due to transport but to be 2-3 months off? crazy.

Reactions: WiseShepherd
The lack of stalks are terrible but not the end of the world. What i don’t get is why the horn was made as a button. Why not just leave it in the middle like most cars. It’s still stalk less. Pendejos.
The only reason I have seen is for driver safety. If you are honking the horn, by pushing on the airbag, when the airbag goes off you can get seriously injured. So in a sense having it off to the side could be safer.

But it seems like Tesla has changed their mind on that, as the stalk-less Model 3 still has the horn on the airbag. (And long long ago Elon did say that the horn was coming back to the airbag in the Model S&X, though it seems it hasn't happened yet.)

The no stalk is the worst decision ever.
Unpopular opinion, but I don't mind it. It's really only the horn button that bugs the hell out of me. I actually like the automatic canceling turn signal buttons over the stalks. PRND would be kind of nice on a stalk but it's used so infrequently I don't mind. Auto select is actually really nice 90% of the time.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't mind it. It's really only the horn button that bugs the hell out of me. I actually like the automatic canceling turn signal buttons over the stalks. PRND would be kind of nice on a stalk but it's used so infrequently I don't mind. Auto select is actually really nice 90% of the

Unpopular opinion, but I don't mind it. It's really only the horn button that bugs the hell out of me. I actually like the automatic canceling turn signal buttons over the stalks. PRND would be kind of nice on a stalk but it's used so infrequently I don't mind. Auto select is actually really nice 90% of the time.
What's the automatic cancelling turn signals?

It may be, or it may be, by the same 12yr old who designs much of their stuff. (someone with no real world use thought).
It's great to reevaluate old designs and look to the future, etc. But this is not only a step backwards, but will cost them more long run.

They took a year(?) to back track on the yoke thing... once the lack of stalks hits the 3/Y (mass market), it will only be a matter of time until it's 'fixed'.
Actually, it's a 40/50 something billionaire that designs these things. The yoke was a personal design from Elon as were FWDs.

What's the automatic cancelling turn signals?
You can set Teslas to automatically cancel turn signals. It uses logic to figure it out. Let’s say you use the right turn signal, once you complete the lane change, or the actual turn, it will turn off the turn signal automatically.

Once you get used to it, it’s awesome. I have to say, the first few weeks, it was annoying because I’d keep trying to turn it off when it already turned off, and basically be turning it on to the other direction. :p Other drivers must have thought I was an idiot. Except Tesla drivers… they understood i was just learning. “PATIENCE, STUDENT DRIVER”

You can set Teslas to automatically cancel turn signals. It uses logic to figure it out. Let’s say you use the right turn signal, once you complete the lane change, or the actual turn, it will turn off the turn signal automatically.

Once you get used to it, it’s awesome. I have to say, the first few weeks, it was annoying because I’d keep trying to turn it off when it already turned off, and basically be turning it on to the other direction. :p
Gotcha. My 21 MY has this too though. Its not turned on by default but in the settings. I don't think its available for legacy S and X.

When you change lanes they are cleared. It's not like the "3 blink" half press on the stalk - it just stays on until you make your lane change and then gets cleared when you complete. I suppose they could always add this to the stalked Teslas (3/Y), but tbh I missed it when I was using the signals on my M3 loaner.
It's been available for 3 and Ys. Its not turned on by default but in the settings.

(Deleted my post because it looks like MrKashima beat me to it)
I did not know the others had it too. That might come in handy. Regardless, I think with the feature the buttons are fine for signals. That damned horn though 🤬
Totally agree about the horn. Will have to see once in actual use. I don't use my horn often so maybe not a big deal. Wife uses it often though. LOL

Where i live, I had to use it multiple times daily. Mostly to people not going on green lights because they’re busy on their phones.

But very often, somebody does something stupid and the horn helps avoid an accident. The horn button is a really bad idea. It’s actually making me second guess whether I should buy an X.