Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this isn't that far from me, my exact build, and no way it was a demo before I ordered?

just seems odd I don't have a VIN yet, and this exists? Maybe it was a demo, now it's for sale since we are near Dec.
says demo 15 miles. I assume '24 demos are coming and they are selling '23s. 15 miles is nothing, probably just mileage to get it to the store, and they changed their mind

Need some help, I will be ok with picking this one up, except I do not want to drive to El Paso, when it says 'Available for faster pickup' what does this mean? Can they deliver it closer to me (Houston) and will it cost more? also wondering if supercharging will transfer?

1699496958625.png

Why does it bother you that people want a '24? Just let it go dude, lol
It doesn’t bother me, I just don’t know what people are expecting to be different about a ‘24. I am genuinely curious if folks think Tesla is going to adopt a model where they tie changes to a model year, or if it’s just some perceived increase in value due to a newer VIN or something else….

Why do you care so much to ask multiple times in multiple threads? It seems that you are being intentionally obtuse at this point. Some people prefer a newer model year, and any other reason is none of your (or my) business. This isn’t a super controversial opinion dude, lol
Just seems like a folks aren’t aware that Tesla doesn’t tie changes to model years (usually). I like it when people are well informed.

says demo 15 miles. I assume '24 demos are coming and they are selling '23s. 15 miles is nothing, probably just mileage to get it to the store, and they changed their mind
FWIW I bought a demo ‘23 with 12 miles and it looked like it’s simply because of EOQ sales pumping that they’ve decided every demo car can be sold. The staff were not happy because they literally prepped it for showroom mode 6 hours before I reserved it and then they have to prep it for delivery the same day.

As long there is no major update then I myself don’t care if it is 23 or 24. I’m keeping the car for a long time so it really doesn’t mater but people that only keeping it for 2-3 years then I see why they care so much.

I think people are also afraid of Tesla dropping prices of their vehicles making everything devalued so people want the latest model if they can. It's true, people who can afford these cars usually have more disposable income so they like to switch more often. Imagine those who bought the Model X a couple of months ago when it was $30-40k more expensive.

To me, this does matter, but I don't mind losing a couple thousand on trade in. The next couple of years will be really interesting in the EV race. This will be the last year I qualify for the tax credit anyways.

I think once Tesla introduces a front view camera, I might even just trade the current Model X in for that.

Whoever is financing, please get GAP insurance.

Last edited: