Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When ordering the new vehicle, it needs to be through the same email address as the original vehicle, I did not know that, and placed the new order using spouse's account. Since our current Model S is linked to both accounts, I did not know this could be an issue. By the time I found this out, the EDD had moved to Jan - March and I was told that there is no way to transfer the reservation to my email address. Getting the demo gave me an option to keep the FUSC, but I will lose my money (deposit) on the new reservation.

If not for the FUSC mix up, I would have been on the fence on the demo, as it is unknown if Model X is eligible for full Federal tax credit, also if it is a discount at point of sale will it bring down the sales tax little more?
I would dispute that. The transfer agreement does not require that at all.

If the Solid Black Tesla Owners ever have a meetup, it will have to be indoors, where we can keep the cars clean lol.

That just gave me an idea. Anyone ever go to those Indoor Go Karting - Autobahn Indoor Speedway & Events race things? It's EV, so it's indoors... (And SO MUCH FUN).

SO.... INDOOR TESLA RACING! we just need a HUGE warehouse, some cones, plausible deniability, some drone shots, and some hot dog vendors.
What could possibly go wrong?

There needs to be a Tequila and Vodka shot bar.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I agree it does not but, both SC and their online chat guy insisted this. In fact, when I placed the order for the demo, the online chat rep asked for my vin and then insisted I use the same email attached to my current Model S when placing the order! Without doing this they will not even send the FUSC agreement.

Edit: The reasoning given by SC was kind of silly, something like their software will not allow it unless they are able to link the email accounts, did not sound like a contractual thing.

When I tried another rep online, he suggested I transfer ownership of the order (did not know that is even possible and did not want to try it)

While it isn't stated in the agreement, that is how Tesla verifies that you are the owner of the vehicle.
They responded: "Yes it just has to be under same account/email to clarify thank you"
And what they are really saying is that the primary account/email has to be the same on both the new and donor vehicle.

1699639736498.png

Otherwise, you could game the system by paying someone to add you to their FUSC vehicle, and then you could transfer their FUSC to your new vehicle. (Since they don't very actual registration/title information.)

Decided to go ahead and take delivery of the 2023. At Tesla right now picking it up. Other than a couple of paint chips from transport it looks great!

I now hope the 2024 has significant downgrades that coincide with the 2024 VIN and that the cybertruck is so expensive that I’m the only one that can afford it. 😜

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    771.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Decided to go ahead and take delivery of the 2023. At Tesla right now picking it up. Other than a couple of paint chips from transport it looks great!

I now hope the 2024 has significant downgrades that coincide with the 2024 VIN and that the cybertruck is so expensive that I’m the only one that can afford it.
I heard 2024 model will not have steering wheel as standard because Elon thinks FSD will be fully ready by the end of 2023 🤣🤣🤣 So, you either have to pay for FSD or pay extra for the steering wheel.

While it isn't stated in the agreement, that is how Tesla verifies that you are the owner of the vehicle.

And what they are really saying is that the primary account/email has to be the same on both the new and donor vehicle.

View attachment 989548
Otherwise, you could game the system by paying someone to add you to their FUSC vehicle, and then you could transfer their FUSC to your new vehicle. (Since they don't very actual registration/title information.)
The same "email" is Not part of the Agreement or a legal requirement. What if you change the email on the original account to the email used for the new order? The language above is clear you must: Be the legal and registered owner..... You do NOT have to have the same email as your original account. There is not gaming the system. Although one could always buy an older car today and use that as the donor vehicle - might now be limited to buying a S or Y unless you have a prior X ordered with an EDD of this year.