Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange huh? Mine shows -31k
lol… wish it was BOGO for the Model X’s…

IMG_0966.png

Reactions: towndrunk
Ceramic coating does not protect against paint chips.

Paint chips are cheap to fix, if you really want to fix them anyways. You will never recover the money from paint chips. I have dings only inside the wheel wells from driving on gravel, on a model 3. However, the Model X has plastic covers on the wheel wells. You don't need PPF. Also, if you really want protection, just put transparent plasti-dip spray, that should protect from chips'n'stuff at a bargain price.

@Jaspreet
I was told by my SA, that trade in offer will come after VIN ASSIGNED. I submitted my trade in around mid October and have not heard back, nor have a VIN as yet.
That statement is incorrect. I am sitting on EDD Jan thru Feb 2024, I received my initial trade evaluation almost imediately after I ordered. Then about three days ago I received a final contractural trade offer and was asked to except it or decline it.

Picking up the car. It is so beautiful. No alignment (in my view), no paint issue.

View attachment 990774
View attachment 990775
No offense, but you can see a misalignment on the front passenger door to the FWD. It's raised slightly higher (or the FWD is too low.) You can tell by the door handles that they aren't aligned flush as you zoom in and you can see at the top as well (B pillar of the door and FWD door alignment on top.) It's the same on my Model X as well when I went to inspect it. There's also a very mild panel misalignment where the front fender meets the A pillar, which is also present on my Model X as well.

I believe this is normal, as I haven't actually seen a Model X without these misalignments yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsxdsm
Order date: 9/11
Build: MXLR | Ultra Red | 20" | Black Int | Wish I could do FSD Transfer (have on current 3 lease) - $79.9k tax credit build
Original EDD: Oct/Nov
EDD 2: Nov/Dec (Slipped out on 9/19)
EDD 3: Nov 11-Jan 6 (updated 9/19)
EDD 4: Nov 9-Dec 11 (Updated 10/1)
EDD 5: Nov 22-Dec 27 (Updated 11/7)
Build: MXLR | Ultra Red | 20" | Black Int | Wish I could do FSD Transfer (have on current 3 lease) - $79.9k tax credit build
EDD 6/VIN: Nov 29-December 6th PF424XXX

Debating if I just hold it for a bit at this point and release this one. Of course the delivery window is EXACTLY the same dates I have a cruise booked for :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No offense, but you can see a misalignment on the front passenger door to the FWD. It's raised slightly higher (or the FWD is too low.) You can tell by the door handles that they aren't aligned flush as you zoom in and you can see at the top as well (B pillar of the door and FWD door alignment on top.) It's the same on my Model X as well when I went to inspect it. There's also a very mild panel misalignment where the front fender meets the A pillar, which is also present on my Model X as well.

I believe this is normal, as I haven't actually seen a Model X without these misalignments yet.
Remind me not to post pictures of my new X, otherwise you will point out all the flaws that can’t be unseen 🙄

Remind me not to post pictures of my new X, otherwise you will point out all the flaws that can’t be unseen 🙄
Haha well I’ll be happy to point out all of mine with more/better pictures once I pick mine up and get better lighting.

Panel gaps/misalignments don’t bother me as much than if I had gotten one with interior squeaks and noises since that ruins the driving experience.

Reactions: ChiefRollo

Yes, as i said it is normal in my view. I believe there was none of model X with 100% perfect alignment, specially on Falcon door.

EDD 6/VIN: Nov 29-December 6th PF424XXX

Debating if I just hold it for a bit at this point and release this one. Of course the delivery window is EXACTLY the same dates I have a cruise booked for :rolleyes:
I'd probably just take delivery now given this build. If it were a MXP I would probably do the 14 day hold and hope I get a '24 VIN assigned in 2 weeks.

Weekly update!
EDD updated to 11/17-12/8!
Still waiting on approvals from Fed Choice. They were giving me a tough time, because we just purchased an income property 5 months ago.
I think someone mentioned a POC that folks can reach out to. If someone can kindly point me to that post or the POC, so I can call them Monday first thing.
11/15 Update!
VIN Assigned today 11/15
"PF423XXX"