Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Support just called, if you are in Texas, the good news is, going forward, you just pay the registration and Taxes at the time of taking delivery and there is no longer a need to do this yourself. They informed me that the change is going to happen tomorrow, so it may also mean the taxes and registration may also be reflected in the MVPA going forward, which would be great for those who want to roll that into the financing.

ps: My negative payment is not sorted out yet, but they said it should fix itself 24 hours before the delivery window.
Interesting. Wonder if I can get them to generate a new MVPA. Currently scheduled for pickup on Monday in Austin.

View attachment 991211

Take that highlight however you may. But the line from Tesla, is they expect it to decrease. Whether that's a tactic with an ulterior motive?!?
All we can do here is speculate. I bet most people who work for Tesla don’t know the answer either. The tax rebate may go down. But if the demand weakens because of that, Tesla may reduce the price again to boost demand. So, for those who can’t get your car in 2023, keep your hopes up

• Love
Reactions: eeee-meeee
stupid question, because the manual isn't making it clear:
When I approach my 2019 X, with keyfob in my pocket, the door opens for me.

When I approach my new car (isn't here yet), with my phone in my pocket... does the door open for me? - does it close when I walk away?

How is everyone closing all doors? the app? I'm thinking I'll have to buy a fob for my X. While my phone is on me 24/7, I'd rather hit a fob than mess w/the app.

thanks! Hopefully getting mine week of the 27th.

is tesla checking fobs at trade-in? Can I keep one of my old ones ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7992.jpeg
    IMG_7992.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 21

When I approach my new car (isn't here yet), with my phone in my pocket... does the door open for me? - does it close when I walk away?

How is everyone closing all doors? the app? I'm thinking I'll have to buy a fob for my X. While my phone is on me 24/7, I'd rather hit a fob than mess w/the app.

If I read other posts correctly, the X will open the door slightly. Mine will be here on the 20th, it is in NJ at this very moment, as the SA texted me today to see if I want to pick it up ASAP instead of the 11/24 ~ 12/1 window.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Allllll right so, I put in my order for MX plain. EDD is Jan-Feb. My SA said since I live in a very dynamic area that there is quite a bit of turnover so anything could happen! He's also going to be on the look out to match me to an inventory one. I decided to go the SA route this time for purchasing as its nice to have a human respond to your my texts... Put on my sister's referral code and fingers crossed!

From what I read, self open still works if you have keyfob (which doesn’t come with the car). Without keyfob, you must press the door handle and the door will slightly ajar.

There is no close all door in the app (unless I missed it). Close all doors is only available in the center screen.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl

is tesla checking fobs at trade-in? Can I keep one of my old one
Doors don't open automatically with phone or card key. They open slightly when you press on handle though.

Door closes when you step on the break.

This is what i've found in the 1 week i've had the car unless i'm missing something in settings.

• Informative
After getting off hold my est delivery has changed to 12/1 - 1/5

OD 9/22 UR in MI
Prior to hold it was 11/27-1/8, then I got 417 VIN on 11/5, which I released due to availability and SA put it on hold until 11/14, even though I'm out till 11/27. He said to guarantee delivery in december he recommends releasing of hold early. Based on new edd he knows his stuff

Doors don't open automatically with phone or card key. They open slightly when you press on handle though.

Door closes when you step on the break.

This is what i've found in the 1 week i've had the car unless i'm missing something in settings.
ugh. I knew about the slightly thing. but have gotten really used to being able to get in/out of the car without even touching the door... when I have a panera bagel in one hand, and soda in the other, it's perfect.

Anyone buy the keyfob? does it then auto open/close, and still have close all button?

the description doesn't even remotely match the car:

"Locking and unlocking your Tesla vehicle has never been easier. Keep your key fob in your pocket and simply pull on the door handle for easy entry. Same with the trunk. Your key fob is automatically enabled when you pair it with your vehicle."

ugh. I knew about the slightly thing. but have gotten really used to being able to get in/out of the car without even touching the door... when I have a panera bagel in one hand, and soda in the other, it's perfect.

Anyone buy the keyfob? does it then auto open/close, and still have close all button?

the description doesn't even remotely match the car:

"Locking and unlocking your Tesla vehicle has never been easier. Keep your key fob in your pocket and simply pull on the door handle for easy entry. Same with the trunk. Your key fob is automatically enabled when you pair it with your vehicle."

Unless things have changed, my 2022 MXP, would auto open the door when i approached with only my phone in my pocket. I didnt have the key fobs.

• Informative
A couple of weeks after my order, someone from the delivery team called me and congratulated me for my order. They told me to reach out if there’s any problems with my order and he provided his email. Not sure if anyone has this same experience from their delivery center but that’s how I got the contact. You can try calling. Am pretty sure there’s options for contacting someone from delivery. This could also be something your sales advisor can help you with, I assume. Good luck!

Why is that? I thought this was only when one needs FUSC transfer as FUSC transfer cannot be combined with other discounts. My initial order showed a $250 discount through self-referral.
Mine shows a $250.00 Discount also, but it is listed as a LOYALTY Discount not a REFERRAL