Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whiplash again! Really thought I was waiting until Jan 2024- Feb 2024 but ya’ll knew better than me!

VIN assigned today PF425 - will most likely delay once schedule date gets closer. No incentive to take delivery before end of year and my bonus pays out in Dec.

order date 9/09 MXLR | Black | Black & White | 20' | Socal

Edd 01: Oct 18 - Nov 22
Edd 01 - Oct 31 - Dec 05
Edd 02 - Nov 4 - Nov 25
Edd 03 - Nov 5 - Nov 25
Edd 04 - Nov 6 - Nov 26
Edd 05 - Nov 7 - Nov 26
Edd 06 - Nov 8 - Nov 26
Edd 07 - Jan 2024 - Feb 2024 (11/13)
Why did you order so early if you knew you didn’t want the car until next year?

The Tesla App this morning has corrected the final payment and does not show a negative payment. Also, as I was informed, the payment now reflects Texas state tax and registration. The MVPA has also been updated, which may be good news for those wanting to roll it into a loan.

Questions:
  • The registration fee seems to be an odd amount ($327) I was expecting $400 as the EV fine.
  • I did not get a gap insurance as I was putting a significant down payment (~$30k and financing $50k), as it will be highly unlikely that I will be upside down on the loan, does that make sense?
1700224543400.png

1700224560293.png

This may have been mentioned before but FedChoice’s new floor rate is 4.89% so even though you may see the current rate at 5.14% and think that the 1% new member discount would lower it to 4.14%, this is not the case.

For me this sucks because I originally got locked in at 3.99% for 60 days based on Tesla telling me to expect the car between Nov - Dec. Of course I now know that to be a lie but I hasn’t yet joined TMC to see more realistic dates. I’m now anticipating sometime in January if I go by data points from within this thread. My EDD currently shows Dec 27 - Feb 7, which changed from Dec 21 - Feb 15, which changed from the initial Nov - Dec. Tesla’s lack of clarity or purposely obtuse delivery date system is literally costing me money.

Last edited:
This may have been mentioned before but FedChoice’s new floor rate is 4.89% so even though you may see the current rate at 5.14% and think that the 1% new member discount would lower it to 4.14%, this is not the case.

For me this sucks because I originally got locked in at 3.99% for 60 days based on Tesla telling me to expect the car between Nov - Dec. Of course I now know that to be a lie but I hasn’t yet joined TMC to see more realistic dates. I’m now anticipating sometime in January if I go by data points from within this thread. My EDD currently shows Dec 27 - Feb 7, which changed from Dec 21 - Feb 15, which changed from the initial Nov - Dec. Tesla’s lack of clarity or purposely obtuse delivery date system is literally costing me money.
I think we can all relate to the annoyance of having these date ranges that aren’t very accurate, but I don’t see how it cost you any more. Say they had given you an exact date of..let’s say Jan 15. You would not have been able to get the lower rate anyway. So all they really did was give you a false hope at a lower rate.

I think we can all relate to the annoyance of having these date ranges that aren’t very accurate, but I don’t see how it cost you any more. Say they had given you an exact date of..let’s say Jan 15. You would not have been able to get the lower rate anyway. So all they really did was give you a false hope at a lower rate.
Well I paid a $250 order fee in October because they told me I would get my car in Nov-Dec and now they say Jan-Feb. I may not be able to buy if after the 1st of the year because of( business) tax reasons. Flip side some people are getting VIN's and delivery dates way before the last EDD they received and told to get financing and pick up in 2 days. This really is amateur hour.

Previously I mentioned a friend of mine getting lucky and finding a black DEMO with 15 miles on it in Dallas. Turns out, this car was getting shipped from Fremont as new and was sold to Tesla of Plano as a ''DEMO" and had 7 miles on it. Tesla Plano rejected it while in route to make room for 2024 model demo. He was able to get the vin assigned to him and will be picking it up this Monday. If you are looking to get one asap, try looking up the demo cars as you may get lucky and find this same scenario for other demo cars. Key is to find one that states 15 miles on it. (Tesla Rep stated this via text) His EDD was Jan-Feb prior for the same model.

Reactions: Operator
Not something anyone can rely on, or put much into. But if my experience tells you anything, you never know how legit your EDD is.

Order date: 9/22, Colorado. MX Red w/Black interior 5seater on 20's
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Nov 27 - Jan 22
EDD3: Nov 28 - Jan 9
Nov 13th Notified of Delivery
Nov 15th Car arrived on-site (So I don't think it was a rejected car).
Nov 20th Scheduled pickup.

So 2 weeks before my earliest EDD I was notified the car was on the way. Thankfully I put in my FedChoice (3.99%) request last week, as I figured the 60days would carry me over until Mid Jan if need be, due to the Jan 9th EDD.

Well I paid a $250 order fee in October because they told me I would get my car in Nov-Dec and now they say Jan-Feb. I may not be able to buy if after the 1st of the year because of( business) tax reasons. Flip side some people are getting VIN's and delivery dates way before the last EDD they received and told to get financing and pick up in 2 days. This really is amateur hour.
Pretty close to my situation. Had to scramble this week finding insurance. Thankfully I had already opened my 60-day loan window. But 2 weeks before my earliest EDD. And the dealer was leaning on me to not wait till the 20th..... Even received a text asking if I wanted to pick up the car early..... Folks!!!! I still am! "YOU" originally told me Nov 28th 😁 Spending some time this weekend cleaning out a spot in the garage for it.