Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not quite sure what that means or the inference. I was just stating that cosmetic things can be pretty minor and systems in a car can be pretty problematic so not to worry too much. I was using my experience with a BMW I had. The cosmetics looked great but the electrical system was a constant source of trouble.
Sorry! It wasn't meant to be directed at you at all; in fact, I agreed and wanted to leverage your point to vent in general to folks focusing so much on basic (horse) carriage-building cosmetics and seemingly completely losing sight of the larger picture.

Reactions: Operator
No worries. I had a feeling I was 'reading between the lines' incorrectly. All good.... 😊
👍 When absent any real progress, automakers focus on shinier carriage components to distract us...while trying to convince us to upgrade to the same product every few years. I remember seeing the turbo 2.0L from Audi in the late 90's A4's. I'm still seeing it and the same 4motion setup in all variations of VW's line-up to date, an ability they proudly claim as badge engineering. The only way to tell an A4 from a Jetta is better paint and cabin / carriage components. I believe products reflect consumers; if we continue to s*ck on the same t*tt*es and like it, we deserve what we get.

Last edited:
Reactions: eeee-meeee
Was the upgrade worth it? Or ok to stay at EAP for now? And did you just have to pay the difference in price or more?
You will get to find out yourself when you get your X. It comes with (at least mine did) free Advanced Autopilot and FSD options for three months. I was playing with Advanced autopilot for a few days and it is similar to regular autopilot except for the lane changing (summon and such is deactivated due to no USS). FSD was pretty cool but still has a ways to go. If the street is big and does not have any unusual features then it is fun to 'let it drive while watching it like a hawk' but on a right turn with a lane that switches from two lanes to one 30 feet after the intersection it will sometimes do it flawlessly and other times it swings to the outside lane in one swoop or gets timid and slows to a crawl while the steering wheel twitches left and right trying to make a decision.
Also on a tight turn going to my neighborhood gate, the car tried to make the turn too tight and would have curbed the rear wheel if I did not take over.

was anyone ever successful in FedChoice giving them copy of the wire transfer document prior to delivery? seems like i have to nag them for everything, i called them at least 7 times today, to get paperwork moving, signatures, etc...

Yep, mine wired it the same day I finished the paperwork. I think it depends on whether you have a diligent loan officer.
i was told it would wire right away, i signed papers at 2pm, but i have no way of knowing if it went out or not. And in Michigan, they stage car in Ohio until payment is made, they cant bring the car in due to dealer "laws". So i need to tell Tesla it's wired so they can put it on a transporter.

I shared this on another forum, but figure it's more useful for you all.

https://www.tesla.com/mx/order/7SAX218_1198709a8dc2c94331c4ab3795428bdd

Tuscon, AZ. Should be new "non demo". Should be able to take delivery before EOY in 85704.

1701899636015.png

They have some demos too.

1701899678898.png

i was told it would wire right away, i signed papers at 2pm, but i have no way of knowing if it went out or not. And in Michigan, they stage car in Ohio until payment is made, they cant bring the car in due to dealer "laws". So i need to tell Tesla it's wired so they can put it on a transporter.
hmm, I received an email with confirmation of wire and then Tesla credited the account the next day.