Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet the delivery pause was just a software issue that needed a reflash.

Today I had a weird issue with my X. When I parked it, It started chiming every few seconds for no reason and not giving any message on the screen. The drivers seat left side bolster would pulse in and out in sync with the chime. I could not get it to stop so I had to do the scroll wheel reset to restart the control systems. After it came back up, everything was fine. Strange. I will post this in the other section as well but wanted to let this group know my strange experience after two weeks of ownership.

Any recent deliveries? Didn't Tesla push back some of last weeks deliveries to Sunday? Did it happen?
Just got my vin today finally. 9/18 MXP. It's PF427. I started seeing 429 as most recent. Any chance 427 is a reject?
I know it's silly, but I'm deeply on the fence about a vacation holding to get a 2024 model. I think that's somewhat unlikely given I will hold only until 12/26...

Just got my vin today finally. 9/18 MXP. It's PF427. I started seeing 429 as most recent. Any chance 427 is a reject?
I know it's silly, but I'm deeply on the fence about a vacation holding to get a 2024 model. I think that's somewhat unlikely given I will hold only until 12/26...

Tesla vins are not sequential, they are done in batches somehow. Best thing is to reach out to
your advisor and ask for the production date.

Reactions: Potterton
remember that the PF427 / 428 etc for MXP and MXLR not in the same order. I received PF427 2 days ago as well and its fresh. No worries.

Hello guys, I’ve had the Tesla Model X LR for almost a month now and put 700 miles on it.

Oh boy, I have to say I do somewhat regret my purchase.

Let me start off with what vehicles I currently have/had recently. I have a 2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD, 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, and a 2021 Ford Mach E GT that my wife accidentally totaled a year ago. All of these vehicles were about $15-20k cheaper than the Model X.

I picked up the Model X and did not really note any issues except a misalignment on the passenger side door, which was within spec given it was less than 3mm misaligned. Upon driving home, the exterior bright trim started coming off on the highway and started slapping against the vehicle.

This took a while to fix given that Tesla tried doing a mobile service appointment first and then couldn’t do it and it had to be brought in to the SC. I also noted that my driver’s side speaker rattled and appeared blown. After about three weeks, all of these issues were addressed requiring 2 SC visits. but I had to sit in the dealer for 5 hours while they wait for the speaker part to come in while given ample notice. They also had issues stating that every part they received arrived damaged and needed to get another. Sure.

However, what was the worst part of Tesla is that after being in it and comparing to my other vehicles, the quality and fit/finish isn’t even close, especially after spending $80k. The car is nice in terms of a tech standpoint, but it’s not nice enough to overcome the quality issues and cheap feeling interior compared to an Acura or even the Jeep. After having owned luxury brands in the past (MB, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti) I just feel that the Model X isn’t worth the $80k premium. The electric savings vs gas isn’t really there to justify the cost difference. The Model X’s sound system is nowhere near as good as the Acura ELS systems or even the Jeep 4xe Alpine system. It was marginally better than the Mach E GT’s B&O system.

I’m no stranger to EV, given I did own the Ford Mach E GT in the past, but the quality of that vehicle was still better than Tesla’s. The ambient lighting was decades ahead on all my other vehicles than the Tesla. It badly needs an update. I’ve been spoiled by the interiors of my other vehicles. The only thing Tesla had going for it was the giant screen in the middle and the camera view with road line predictive ability, which the Acura MDX also had, although it was more limited in feature.

I am sad to say this will probably be the last Tesla I’ll ever own. As a car, the Tesla is just okay, the ride quality isn’t that great compared to the other cars I’ve owned. In comfort mode, the suspension in the Model X rides a bit harsh. Definitely not up to the Acura or Jeep’s comfort levels.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I’ve had the Tesla Model X LR for almost a month now and put 700 miles on it.

Let me start off with what vehicles I currently have/had recently. I have a 2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD, 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, and a 2021 Ford Mach E GT that my wife accidentally totaled a year ago. All of these vehicles were about $15-20k cheaper than the Model X.

I picked up the Model X and did not really note any issues except a misalignment on the passenger side door, which was within spec given it was less than 3mm misaligned. Upon driving home, the exterior bright trim started coming off on the highway and started slapping against the vehicle.

This took a while to fix given that Tesla tried doing a mobile service appointment first and then couldn’t do it and it had to be brought in to the SC. I also noted that my driver’s side speaker rattled and appeared blown. After about three weeks, all of these issues were addressed requiring 2 SC visits. but I had to sit in the dealer for 5 hours while they wait for the speaker part to come in while given ample notice. They also had issues stating that every part they received arrived damaged and needed to get another. Sure.

However, what was the worst part of Tesla is that after being in it and comparing to my other vehicles, the quality and fit/finish isn’t even close, especially after spending $80k. The car is nice in terms of a tech standpoint, but it’s not nice enough to overcome the quality issues and cheap feeling interior compared to an Acura or even the Jeep. After having owned luxury brands in the past (MB, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti) I just feel that the Model X isn’t worth the $80k premium. The electric savings vs gas isn’t really there to justify the cost difference. The Model X’s sound system is nowhere near as good as the Acura ELS systems or even the Jeep 4xe Alpine system. It was marginally better than the Mach E GT’s B&O system.

I’m no stranger to EV, given I did own the Ford Mach E GT in the past, but the quality of that vehicle was still better than Tesla’s. The ambient lighting was decades ahead on all my other vehicles than the Tesla. It badly needs an update. I’ve been spoiled by the interiors of my other vehicles. The only thing Tesla had going for it was the giant screen in the middle and the camera view with road line predictive ability, which the Acura MDX also had, although it was more limited in feature.

I am sad to say this will probably be the last Tesla I’ll ever own. As a car, the Tesla is just okay, the ride quality isn’t that great compared to the other cars I’ve owned. In comfort mode, the suspension in the Model X rides a bit harsh. Definitely not up to the Acura or Jeep’s comfort levels.
Sounds like you value most an impeccable interior. Which begs the question why you ever chose to buy a Tesla?

Hey mathnerd88, I was wondering what the outcome of the issues you experienced were. Unfortunately the SC experience you stated are fairly typical.
I also have lots of experience with luxury brands and I do agree the fit and finish of those premium brands are better but I do give Tesla a lot of leeway because of the following reasons.

1) Tesla is a very new company compared to the legacy auto brands which have been around for several decades or more to refine their product/processes.
2) Tesla is one of the very few companies who can make a profit (let alone not lose tens of thousands per vehicle) on EV's of which require them to invent new designs, techniques, materials and processes to achieve. Using all this 'new' takes a very long time to perfect.
3) Tesla's push for EV and new processes are making legacy automakers rethink the way they do things and is disrupting the industry (all industries need disruption from time to time to advance like Ford did decades ago with the assembly line process).
4) Tesla is really a tech company that happens to produce cars vs legacy car companies which are automotive companies trying to produce tech. That is why Tesla tech is good but some aspects of their vehicles are ok and legacy automotive cars are good but their tech is just ok (but improving quite a lot in the past 2-3 years).

I do believe Tesla does need to focus more on the basics to improve the brand and customer satisfaction such as fit, finish and assembly but that either takes time/experience or a lot of money to advance quickly and their primary focus right now is technology and engineering advancements which are and will revolutionize the auto manufacturing industry.

Not sure this is true but I remember the statement attributed to Ford regarding the car he made on the new assembly line process: "Customers can have any color car they want as long as it's black". If that is true then it seems to me he was more focused on the disruptor work and efficiency/cost/profit than customer satisfaction until it stabilized.

Now turning fanboy mode off.... 😂

Last edited:
Sounds like you value most an impeccable interior. Which begs the question why you ever chose to buy a Tesla?
Is it wrong to value an impeccable interior on a $80k vehicle? Keep in mind this vehicle was sold for like $120k a couple of months ago. Is it wrong to expect not having issues when buying a brand new vehicle off the lot?

The amount of excuses fanboys give Tesla is mind boggling.

If I paid $80k for a Corvette, yes I want an impeccable interior as well. I’m not expecting Mercedes quality given that it’s a sports car. However, the Tesla has poorer quality than even a Toyota given my experience.

Also, you fail to understand, I did have a Mach E GT, and I never had issues like the ones I described in the Model X, which was about $20k more.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Is it wrong to value an impeccable interior on a $80k vehicle? Keep in mind this vehicle was sold for like $120k a couple of months ago. Is it wrong to expect not having issues when buying a brand new vehicle off the lot?

If I paid $80k for a Corvette, yes I want an impeccable interior as well. I’m not expecting Mercedes quality given that it’s a sports car. However, the Tesla has poorer quality than even a Toyota given my experience.

Also, you fail to understand, I did have a Mach E GT, and I never had issues like the ones I described in the Model X, which was about $20k more.
Oh, I agree you and all of us should expect fantastic build quality at that price point. I was just stating that for Tesla I am willing to lower my expectations on build because the tech, engineering and performance far surpass other auto manufacturers. If other manufacturers were able to match Tesla on the factors I value at this time as well as hold build quality very high at the same price point then I would be much more interested.
I tried testing a few other manufactures EV's at similar price points and was woefully disappointed in the performance and/or tech offerings.

I am not married to Tesla or EV matter of fact. If a smoking deal came by for a Gen 2 V10 Audi R8, I would jump on that and not look back.

It's not wrong at all to value that. You can choose whatever you want to value. For me, I bought the MXP and I value the unbeatable performance at this price point and I know the interior quality won't be as good as a German car (though those don't touch this in terms of performace - it's a tradeoff).

Reactions: SistaBigBones

I beg to differ — I have owned and/or driven Mercedes, BMW, Acura, and Jeep SUVs and although I'd agree with you if the Model X was a <2019 model, but the new 2023+ is top notch in ride quality and comfort. It's quiet and smooth (in comfort) and although quite not at the echelon of the most luxurious SUVs, it's definitely in the top 25%.

I beg to differ — I have owned and/or driven Mercedes, BMW, Acura, and Jeep SUVs and although I'd agree with you if the Model X was a <2019 model, but the new 2023+ is top notch in ride quality and comfort. It's quiet and smooth (in comfort) and although quite not at the echelon of the most luxurious SUVs, it's definitely in the top 25%.

That’s not in my experience having owned several luxury brands. Especially after the issues I had from Tesla after picking it up.

Also, I don’t see any other luxury car manufacturer cause issues with inner rear tire premature wear. I can see the toe in my Model X rear axle sticking out when suspension is set to low, which is automatic while driving.

I agree that from a tech standpoint, it’s nice, but other manufacturers are starting to catch up. The Volvo EX90 should match similarly.

Honestly speaking though, what tech besides being able to play video games inside your Tesla Model X which I rarely do since I don’t use supercharging and watching Netflix/Hulu do you find better than other luxury manufacturers who are starting to introduce some of these features now? Autopilot is nice, sure but most aren’t paying $200 a month or $12k for this feature. I’ve tried it but sometimes it turns into the wrong lane for me.

Sure, the FWD are nice, but now are starting to bother me since my passengers take a while to wait for the door to open to get out, and I have to wait for the door to close before I can drive off. Minor annoyance for sure.

Sure you can add fart mode and interesting cool quirks to the Tesla, but I don’t use these on a daily basis.

I’m pretty disappointed with the Model X’s audio as well. The 22 speaker system is worse than my 16 speaker Acura ELS 3D system. It lacks the depth and clarity.

Also, I forgot to mention, I bought a key fob for the Model X and it stopped working after two weeks. I had to reset the pairing 4 more times before it would recognize the key fob again.

For me, this car is worth $60k maximum. People keep saying ohh price to performance ratio, but people don’t understand that it’s much easier and cheaper to engineer more powerful electric motors than its mechanical counterparts. You can get 500hp+ easily on most EV’s nowadays.

If I went through this again, I would’ve liked to lease the BMW iX or the MB EQS SUV over the Model X. The insurance rate for the Model X given it’s only $80k is crazy high.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Does anyone have an update on X & S deliveries being postponed because of the firmware update? Ours was scheduled for last Saturday, then Sunday, Monday and now for tomorrow. Thanking all in advance.
there's another forum thread on this with updates, it seems all over the place, some people are getting pushed and some people are able to take delivery. (I took delivery on 12/10 at Burbank after my car was cleared)