Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. I’ll eat the $250. Depreciation on an equivalent 2023 model will be more than that.

Honestly, thinking about waiting until the get the automatic doors figured out before I order.

It irks me that they give you an estimated date, change it then threaten to cancel and keep your $250. Making my view of Tesla go down. Might not be a loyal customer forever.
Thats definitely an interesting take. I only ordered a new one because they had the Free Supercharging transfer, although I kick myself for not going for the FSD transfer back in September. In my case, I need to see how much will be the depreciation vs how much I'll save in supercharging over the ownership of my car. Going by my current MX SC usage if I do keep the car for whole 8 years it would be around $7k-$8k $16k so I'm really in a bind. But your second point around automatic door is what really irks me. My current 2017 MX has it and if the current one, they can't fix it with software update, it will be definitely a downgrade in my case 😥 and worst case will be, they add back the USS to give us the 🖕 right after we all take deliveries.

But c'est-la-vie that's Tesla :rolleyes:

when did you get your vin?
I got my vin dec 5th. Ordered Mxp stealth gray sept 18. Glad it arrived this year for tax deduction. Edd kept narrowing, went to sales center Saturday and they said there was a backup in railyard in Maryland. Curious when it was made and shipped. Sales center has several in inventory now inluding three plaid so seems like they are catching up after the post price drop rush with guys like me. Looking forward to the delivery. Never thought I’d order one. Test drive was fun

So my 4th EDD is now Jan 5-Feb 9
Previous was Jan 1- Feb 12, so it looks like I will get MXLR in January or later, my Fedchoice pre-approved will be expired, I hope they will extend, but with the uncertainty of delivery, I don't know.

On another note, my other Tesla account where I order CT is offering $1000 discount + 3 months free SC. I don't know if I can take the offer, then when I get assigned VIN here, I can transfer it to the other account. Anyone knows if this is doable? Will Tesla let me transfer. I have not placed the order on the other account since I do not want to loose my place in line. ❓❓❓❓❓
You can email change ownership to transfer to other account. [email protected]

Took delivery Saturday after a long delay due to the recent firmware issue. Happy to report no issues after a thorough inspection. Was really pleased with the panel alignment and the interior was flawless. Although I think Tesla made a mistake with the naming of "stealth grey," I will say I think the color looks incredible. I think it's a major upgrade over the previous grey. Really happy about that. Really pleased with the vehicle overall. That stealth grey is going to look great after the window tinting is complete.

Our MXLR SG tax edition (OD 10/20), EDD shifted this morning from 12/8 - 1/8 to 12/9 - 1/9. I just hope they wont keep doing the day by day shift now until next year since we're not just trying for UFSC transfer and 7,5K tax credit but also for year end write-off. 😰

Last edited:
Took delivery Saturday after a long delay due to the recent firmware issue. Happy to report no issues after a thorough inspection. Was really pleased with the panel alignment and the interior was flawless. Although I think Tesla made a mistake with the naming of "stealth grey," I will say I think the color looks incredible. I think it's a major upgrade over the previous grey. Really happy about that. Really pleased with the vehicle overall. That stealth grey is going to look great after the window tinting is complete.
I finally saw a Stealth Grey on a MSP the other day and it looked really nice. I was between that and my Blue. Would be happy with either.

Reactions: WiseShepherd
Our MXLR SG tax edition (OD 10/20), EDD shifted this morning from 12/8 - 1/8 to 12/9 - 1/9. I just hope they wont keep doing the day by day shift now until next year since we're not just trying for UFSC transfer and 7,5K tax credit but also for year end write-off. 😰
Our MXLR SG tax edition is doing the same thing. Five days of shifting to the right, once a day, and currently sitting at 12/19-1/7. May go test drive the BMW iX and X5 50e today. I heard that test driving another brand caused someone else’s VIN to appear. 😂

it's definitely not matte but not a super shiny gloss.. i guess semi-gloss would be a more accurate description.

The only reason it looks semi-gloss to you because of the darker gray color and not caught in the light. It's actually super shiny gloss, not semi-gloss. It's not actually satin/matte. Here's another comparison:

Again, to get it satin/matte it has to be ppf or wrapped. If that picture doesn't show you that it's super shiny gloss, then I don't know what to tell you. I've also seen the stealth gray in person as I was picking my Ultra Red up last month.

The only time I've seen factory paint that was satin/matte would be in the luxury super car category. I've also seen it in some mercedes benz models as well.

Even the Tesla commercial for the stealth gray makes it look super glossy. Satin/Matte/Mid-gloss makes the paint more expensive, and Tesla is all about minimizing cost/ maximizing production.

1703001598416.png

Last edited:
I think the blue is a great color as well. This purchase was actually for my wife and she isn't into the super bright colors so grey was her pick. If I was buying for myself, I would have gotten the blue or red.

I was down to white, stealth gray, or ultra red... went with ultra red and white interior. That combo just looks so nice!