Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN assigned! PF429. Order date 10/11, 5 seater BLK/BLK for California delivery. EDD is 12/23 to 12/30.

What a rollercoaster ride. I had given up hope after today's earlier update which pushed my EDD out to 1/13 on the back end.

I was prepared to jump on a different car and decided to give my app another look. It said "Tesla was making changes to my account" so I clicked through, got the Tesla Vision notice, accepted it, and see that I have a VIN! In my rush I did manage to screenshot each screen and didn't see the VIN initially and then realized it was there all along.

I never received a text or email about the update, I'm assuming that's par for the course?

And I have a sneaking suspicion we will see an influx of California VIN's assigned...

VIN assigned! PF429. Order date 10/11, 5 seater BLK/BLK for California delivery. EDD is 12/23 to 12/30.

What a rollercoaster ride. I had given up hope after today's earlier update which pushed my EDD out to 1/13 on the back end.

I was prepared to jump on a different car and decided to give my app another look. It said "Tesla was making changes to my account" so I clicked through, got the Tesla Vision notice, accepted it, and see that I have a VIN! In my rush I did manage to screenshot each screen and didn't see the VIN initially and then realized it was there all along.

I never received a text or email about the update, I'm assuming that's par for the course?

And I have a sneaking suspicion we will see an influx of California VIN's assigned...
Congrats and amen to that!

I am in VA and ordered my tax edition on 10/15. The original EDD was 12/24 - 1/28. I just got a text with VIN assigned. It's still a 2023 VIN. I am thinking to reject the VIN and hoping to get a 2024 VIN the next time. However, I am worry about the tax rebate. What would you do?

Did anyone see this? This applies for the Model X and S. This is going to delay deliveries again until it is updated.

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
Did anyone see this? This applies for the Model X and S. This is going to delay deliveries again until it is updated.
It shouldn't, the fix is in the same version as the Autopilot recall:

1703258896662.png

Alright, interesting that they put this recall on the news on software that's already updated. My 2023 Model X delivered from last month is still stuck on 2023.44.1, so mine hasn't been applied yet.
The media gets more view counts if it's about Tesla. All these Tesla "recalls" just need an over the air update so your car probably has already been fixed by the time you read about it in the news. Toyota just issued a recall for 1M cars due to a bad airbag sensor. Those cars have to be taken to the dealers for inspection. So it'll probably take a few months to a year for all those to be taken care of.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Yea,
It shouldn't, the fix is in the same version as the Autopilot recall:

View attachment 1002094
Yea, Tesla has complained to NHTSA that there needs to be a different category of 'Recall' for OTA fixes since it gives the impression of a traditional recall and some customers think they need to schedule an appointment and bring their car in.

As more auto manufacturers gain market adoption with EV, that single voice to NHTSA to add a 'OTA Recall' class will become a chorus.

Reactions: csrpenfab
Quick question: it says that our vehicle will NOT have USS and some of the features of FSD wil not be available at time of pickup. We do not have a FSD transfer (we did UFSC). Since there is a 3mth trial FSD should we ask if they can start the 3 months after all features are available?
And, what differentiates a LR from a PLAID, stricltly software, or hardware?

I am in VA and ordered my tax edition on 10/15. The original EDD was 12/24 - 1/28. I just got a text with VIN assigned. It's still a 2023 VIN. I am thinking to reject the VIN and hoping to get a 2024 VIN the next time. However, I am worry about the tax rebate. What would you do?
No need to worry about the rebate. It gonna be better since it will be point of sale. I definitely will reject it. 2023 vin this late is to much lol

No need to worry about the rebate. It gonna be better since it will be point of sale. I definitely will reject it. 2023 vin this late is to much lol
I"m pretty sure Tesla has already announced that they won't be participating in "point of sale" rebates in 2024. The point of sale thing was "optional" and I saw a few posts on here that Tesla was not participating. You'll still have to wait until you file 2024 taxes.

I don't even use the card, actually after tesla I stopped carrying my wallet. Phone is all I need. I carry picture of my driver license :D never needed though :D
in my 4.5 years of owning teslas there have been 2 incidents where the tesla app server was down and you could not get in the car without a keycard. i always carry my card in my wallet as a backup.