Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to get that reddit poster onto this forum and report any new features on their vehicle when received. 😁

I have a 2023 so it wont matter but if I can't get a Cybertruck allocation by the end of this year (not a Foundation one) then I may be picking up another X.

Now I just have to convince the wife the Cybertruck looks good (I think it does). When we saw it driving in a parking lot (Release Candidate one) a week ago I liked it even more and the wife hated it more.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on this:

"Seller reporting in IRS Energy Credits Online (IRS ECO) became available on Jan. 1, 2024. To provide dealers and the IRS more time to submit and intake seller reports into this new system, the IRS is temporarily extending the 3-day time period to submit time-of-sale reports provided in Revenue Procedure 2023-38 through Jan. 16. This means dealers and sellers have until Jan. 19 to submit a time-of-sale report for vehicles sold Jan. 1 through Jan. 16."

It makes it sound like Tesla will be able to retroactively get the point of sale credit for those vehicles sold in those first 16 days? Am I reading this wrong or how would you interpret this?

We need to get that reddit poster onto this forum and report any new features on their vehicle when received. 😁

I have a 2023 so it wont matter but if I can't get a Cybertruck allocation by the end of this year (not a Foundation one) then I may be picking up another X.

Now I just have to convince the wife the Cybertruck looks good (I think it does). When we saw it driving in a parking lot (Release Candidate one) a week ago I liked it even more and the wife hated it more.
The Cybertruck is an example of that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

The Cybertruck is an example of that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
Agree. It is very polarizing. I hated it when I first saw it at the Tesla reveal event by Elon all those years ago but it grew on me.
Historically I have seen cars which everyone liked when they first came out but seem to get 'old' fairly quickly since they were not different enough than the status quo styling at the time.

Cars which are drastically different seem to be hated at first but end up becoming well liked because tastes and styles 'catch up' to it year(s) later. Of course there are exceptions but that seems to be the trend. We will see if the Cybertruck is 'too far' in styling or if it will cause a shift in the truck industry to have more sharper/aggressive body lines. I don't think anyone else will shift to stainless steel. I myself will likely wrap it if/when I get one.

Haven't you ever seen a concept car that you thought was super cool and wish they would release that style only to be disappointed that they made the production design more 'mainstream'? Cybertruck pretty much stayed the same from concept to production.

This statement makes sense when an object purely exists for form; in the case of form and function however, subjective assessment that’s relevant only to form isn’t adequate. I’m willing to bet none of the CT’s tangible attributes merited any subconscious points. It’s neither here nor there; just something that doesn’t hurt for her to be aware of.

For a number of years in 60’s or 70’s, the big 3 hired fashion designers to drive their car designs. I’m willing to guess that a number of form-driven folks were really high on those (in hindsight) poorly made & low performance vehicles..

Agree. It is very polarizing. I hated it when I first saw it at the Tesla reveal event by Elon all those years ago but it grew on me.
Historically I have seen cars which everyone liked when they first came out but seem to get 'old' fairly quickly since they were not different enough than the status quo styling at the time. Cars which are drastically different seem to be hated at first but end up becoming well liked because tastes and styles 'catch up' to it year(s) later. Of course there are exceptions but that seems to be a trend. Let's see if the Cybertruck is 'too far' in styling or if it will cause a shift in the truck industry to have more sharper/aggressive body lines. I don't think anyone else will shift to stainless steel. I myself will likely wrap it if/when I get one.
Yeah. it is definitely a trendsetter and wise choice to wrap it. Those angles really come alive when the truck gets wrapped. From what I have seen, depending on the wrap it can go from upscale stealth limo, super-aggressive off-roader, sporty cruiser, .... You can't do that with a conventional pickup.

I was in NYC for the holidays and saw the CT at the Tesla showroom in Manhattan so went in to check it out. The stainless steel actually looked really nice on it. How it holds up and maintenance in daily driving might be a different story; maybe that's why they roped off the CT in the showroom to avoid people touching it and leaving fingerprints all over the CT haha 😂 I'm not a truck guy, but I have to say that it looks pretty cool in person.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
My delivery is currently scheduled for tomorrow 1/11/24. Do you think it's worth it to try to bump it to Friday or Saturday to see if they are able to sort out the POS tax credit during the next few days? or just take it tomorrow and accept that I'll have to get the credit on my 2025 taxes?
I’m almost indifferent between taking the incentive immediately this year or next. The slight difference has to do with the additional paperwork to get it next year.

I went in today to do a test drive on an X. Local store said that if I ordered it today it would be here in 2-3 weeks And that there is no change on x for 23/24 model years. Getting it that quick sounds like id be getting the last of the 23’s instead of a 24. Of course no change on pos rebate so i can wait.

I went in today to do a test drive on an X. Local store said that if I ordered it today it would be here in 2-3 weeks And that there is no change on x for 23/24 model years. Getting it that quick sounds like id be getting the last of the 23’s instead of a 24. Of course no change on pos rebate so i can wait.
I think the SC doesnt know what they are talking about and just trying to make a sale.