Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visit Colorado 2-3x a year and I also don't recall ever using a horn there. But I live in the NJ/NY metro area.
This presents Tesla with a minor dilemma; should its car feature reflect the need of those in NY or CO? Perhaps as is typically the norm, the squeakiest wheel gets the grease and we all succumb to / accommodate the needs of outliers/ lowest common denominators.

And now... State Farm insurance just to add this vehicle is 253/mo, versus Tesla insurance 390/mo. I figured it would be double my ICE vehicles, but wow.
$3K to $5K PER YEAR just to insure a Tesla?

And, people talk about EVs saving money. Add the cost of electricity in my area of $0.26/kWh overnight. No way.

If I had to pay that much for a Tesla, I wouldn’t even bother. Luckily, my rate for Tesla isn’t that bad.

Well well well, update...

MX UltraRed Tax Edition, north of Houston area

10/26: Order Date
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Dec-Jan
EDD3: Jan-Feb
11/8 EDD4: 1/7-3/3
11/22 EDD5: 1/5-2/16
11/27 EDD6: 1/20-3/16
12/2 EDD7: 1/6-2/17
1/5 Update design issue failed
1/6 Update design issue failed
1/7 Update design issue failed
1/8 Tesla manual accept design change
1/8 EDD8: 1/26-3/1
1/21 VIN Assigned RF433...
1/21 EDD8: 2/3 - 2/10
So, an RF433 VIN is a 2024?

And now... State Farm insurance just to add this vehicle is 253/mo, versus Tesla insurance 390/mo. I figured it would be double my ICE vehicles, but wow.
Wow! My MX rates are actually better than my ICE car. So strange that rates vary so much for the same vehicle depending on where you live. I can expect some variance but it seems like the ranges are pretty wide.

Wow! My MX rates are actually better than my ICE car. So strange that rates vary so much for the same vehicle depending on where you live. I can expect some variance but it seems like the ranges are pretty wide.
Just a WAG here on my part but where dealership influence is high, coverage for Tesla is high…with all else being equal.

We recently (about a year ago) switched from Progressive to Tesla here in Colorado and our rate dropped over 30%…with better coverage. Furthermore, over time, we have gotten both of our cars’s scores to 99-100 and that further reduced the premium. The initial quote / premium from Tesla reflects an average score of 85…I think.

$3K to $5K PER YEAR just to insure a Tesla?

And, people talk about EVs saving money. Add the cost of electricity in my area of $0.26/kWh overnight. No way.

If I had to pay that much for a Tesla, I wouldn’t even bother. Luckily, my rate for Tesla isn’t that bad.
What company provides your electricity? I am in the SDGE area and they have an EV tier of service which give you a very low 'super off peak' rate (<$0.10/KWH) between 12 midnight and 6AM when you subscribe to the TOU-EV rate.

I know SCE has the same. Have you contacted your electricity provider to get on one of the EV rates?

Curious if yours updated. Mine is jan22-feb11

Yes, updated 2 days ago. Strange for you to be so close, but such a wide window.

Ordered 11/14/2023
MX Plaid, Ultra Red/Cream, 20's, yoke
EDD1: Jan - Feb
EDD2: Feb 1 - Mar -28 (updated 11/17)
EDD3: Dec 30 - Feb 3 (updated 12/12)
EDD4: Jan 25 - Mar 7 (updated 12/19)
EDD5: Feb 2 - Mar 8 (updated 1/21)

Reactions: binsk