Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man. I ordered 2/11 and am hoping I can take delivery before end of month. Hopefully the vins for that date start coming soon. I have a trade in (offer good until the 31st too) and so I’d love to be able to get the 5000 miles promo too.
I have a trade-in expiring on 3/31 too. I ordered a "tax special" on 2/21 though and have an EDD range from 3/21 - 5/2. Don't know if I'll make it! It's actually a 10,000 mile supercharger bonus though; 5,000 if you're trading in another vehicle and another 5,000 by paying cash or financing and taking delivery by 3/31.

Reactions: No Quarter
I have a trade-in expiring on 3/31 too. I ordered a "tax special" on 2/21 though and have an EDD range from 3/21 - 5/2. Don't know if I'll make it! It's actually a 10,000 mile supercharger bonus though; 5,000 if you're trading in another vehicle and another 5,000 by paying cash or financing and taking delivery by 3/31.
Very similar boat. Ordered a tax special on 2/21/24 (Colorado). EDD now says 3/17-4/21.

Paying cash and trading in a vehicle. It would be AMAZING if I could thread the needle to get those bonuses AND the ambient lights/front camera upgrades. Fingers crosses!

Getting a bit frustrated. I am seeing more people receive VINS after my order date (2/4), yet I have nothing. Hopefully, I will get mine soon... I texted them yesterday about estimated delivery and was told to basically keep waiting smh... Bay area delivery too...

I would not worry. Tesla is wanting to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the month. It takes longer to get a car to Main than San Jose. They ship all distant places first and then work back closer to home. You will get yours--it may be after the 20th, but they want your delivery counted in March for the quarterly results.

Reactions: krnparkman
I would not worry. Tesla is wanting to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the month. It takes longer to get a car to Main than San Jose. They ship all distant places first and then work back closer to home. You will get yours--it may be after the 20th, but they want your delivery counted in March for the quarterly results.
That's reassuring to hear. Thanks!

ebce4fe1bf3e58aa15a4cfafe785fed8.png

Well its finally happening. My build date is most likely when I got the VIN (2/23). Not gonna get my hopes up about the new updates. Service said if retrofit is available, they will install.

My big thing is being able to transfer my lifetime unlimited supercharging from my 2014 model S. Still have over a week before 3/31; however, it's just discouraging seeing people receive VINs after my order date despite being so close to Fremont. My representative isn't the most responsive either 😪
Tesla tweeted that if it's their fault your order is pushed they will still honor it

My EDD has not changed from just "Mar 2024". Does anyone else have this? I'm in NJ. I've called into Tesla and they've been saying I'll probably get it within this month, but what do you guys think? I ordered on 2/26.
You never know. But I ordered five days before you and my EDD already changed to 3/17-4/21. So my guess would be it is more likely yours will arrive in April.

Has anyone received a car in March? Did it have a front bumper camera and ambient lighting?
If someone did, this thread would be ablaze. I suspect the same thing that happened last year with ultra red and HW4 will happen here, someone’s car will be at the service center before delivery and they will go visit after hours to see it and confirm if the bumper camera is there before it’s prepped for delivery.

Just got my vin. OD was 2/7, Est. Delivery 3/8-3/15. Was 3/22. Things picking up. BTW Tesla notified me via app that they need proof of insurance. Is that for my present car (2017 MX) or for the new one? Do they assume insurance will transfer? Rebate model.
Present insurance is fine. I’ve purchased 2 Tesli and current insurance was fine both times.

Reactions: TyH2009 and DSnoopy