Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give it a few days and the turn signals will be fine. Now the shift stalk I do miss! It was much easier to quickly flip from R/D in my MYP. I just returned my X Plaid loaner and got my tax edition back from paintless dent repair. Glad to have a steering wheel back! I hate that yoke!
Fighting the doors is kind of annoying too, can’t believe it’s been over a year like this.

Is it true that waiting a second or two helps a little?
Yes, you can recite mentally “Open Sesame” after the initial striker disengagement, and by time you are done the initial resistance gives way to lighter resistance mode, which I imagine is much easier on the motor. But this not being fixed is not really excusable for so long,

Give it a few days and the turn signals will be fine. Now the shift stalk I do miss! It was much easier to quickly flip from R/D in my MYP. I just returned my X Plaid loaner and got my tax edition back from paintless dent repair. Glad to have a steering wheel back! I hate that yoke!
I feel the opposite way. It took about 2 months to get used to the turn signals on the X (not my daily, it's the family car). I was constantly looking down to make sure I was hitting the right direction. The gear change was easy.

We have the wheel too and have no issues with seeing the gauge cluster.

Are you sure you're talking about Teslascope / myself? I've not tagged Elon in a post in weeks, and never not about the Model S / X changes. The last time this happened was when we'd see Cyberpunk in the Cybertruck, which he had hinted at on many occasions historically.

Last Post Mentioning Him (January 24th): Last Mention In Reply (March 1st):
So, respectively, I am unsure where you're getting "beating this horse to death tagging everyone and Elon and such" from.

I often get confused for NotATeslaApp or other accounts...

They didn't announce the existence of HW4 until nine months after it appeared in the first vehicles.
They didn't acknowledge the Pedestrian Warning System until two months after it appeared.
They didn't acknowledge the major brake changes to Performance trims that cheapened the brake pads until a year later.
They didn't acknowledge when some Model S and X were delivered with 8GB Infotainment Computers, which prevents access to Steam, and subsequently demanded $2500 for a paid retrofit, despite the order page displaying and mentioning it.
And dozens of other notable changes.

So, no, that is incorrect. Tesla does not always announce changes. They only announce changes with major revisions, such as the transition from Raven to Palladium for the Model S and X, or when they are legally required to such as when the Ryzen computer reduced range.

Have you asked when Tesla is bringing the promised Track mode into Model X?

I ordered a Tax Special the same day as him, 2/21, and still no VIN for me here in CO :(
Update: VIN received 3/15; delivery scheduled for 3/19. Requested build date in Tesla app messaging, no response yet.

Will report back on 3/19 if if has RBG ambient lighting or front bumper cam. Not 100% sure yet I will reject VIN if it doesn’t, but leaning strongly towards accepting the vehicle if it’s otherwise perfect.

Update: VIN received 3/15; delivery scheduled for 3/19. Requested build date in Tesla app messaging, no response yet.

Will report back on 3/19 if if has RBG ambient lighting or front bumper cam. Not 100% sure yet I will reject VIN if it doesn’t, but leaning strongly towards accepting the vehicle if it’s otherwise perfect.
Further update: was just told my Model X was built on 3/6. I won’t hold my breath re: updates.

Does this mean my VIN was likely rejected by one of you guys already? Haha.

Further update: was just told my Model X was built on 3/6. I won’t hold my breath re: updates.

Does this mean my VIN was likely rejected by one of you guys already? Haha.
Mine was built on the same day. Of course no updates, but no issues found so far. I am close to the factory, so imagine it took a little longer to line up logistics to ship out next batch of cars to your nearest delivery center.

Reactions: duck_on_quack
There are no updates, this has been discussed to death. Geez people get over it.
You may be right, but I doubt it. I think it's just a matter of time.

I doubt people would go through the trouble of impersonating Tesla employees or fabricating text messages just to be "right" about something online. Actually......I guess that happens all the time.

If RBG ambient lights and/or front bumper cam show up on Model X/S before end of the month, will you change your profile pic to a donkey? At least for a bit?

Mine was built on the same day. Of course no updates, but no issues found so far. I am close to the factory, so imagine it took a little longer to line up logistics to ship out next batch of cars to your nearest delivery center.
If it's truly perfect (according to my amateur inspection), I am accepting the vehicle for sure. Even though I think the updates are coming--unlike some *cough* super popular naysayers on here, *cough* --I don't care about them enough to wait. I'm too impatient.

But if there are any noticeable imperfections, i'm rejecting. I don't want to deal with Tesla promises about fixing things after I take delivery, especially in context of the (rumored) updates on the near horizon.

Reactions: Dmithun
If it's truly perfect (according to my amateur inspection), I am accepting the vehicle for sure. Even though I think the updates are coming--unlike some *cough* super popular naysayers on here, *cough* --I don't care about them enough to wait. I'm too impatient.

But if there are any noticeable imperfections, i'm rejecting. I don't want to deal with Tesla promises about fixing things after I take delivery, especially in context of the (rumored) updates on the near horizon.
Solid decision making, hope you get a perfect car with front camera & RGB ambient lights

Hi all, first time on this forum. I got the tax edition ordered as well on 10Mar24. No VIN and EDD still shows March. Looks like I shouldn't hold my breath for 10,000 supercharger miles at this point as many of you have ordered long before me and are still without VIN. Hoping I get some progress later this week.