Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year in October the 'refresh' for ambient lighting and front bumper camera was raging at full tilt and I was considering holding off and wait for the refresh. I ended up getting the MX in November because I wanted delivery in 2023 for tax purposes. Looking back, I am glad I did not wait since I have been enjoying it for over four months and after the last big Tesla Vision update, I have actually forgotten the car does not have bumper sensors. Tesla Vision does a pretty darn good job. Prior to the vision update, it was terrible and I was pining for sensors.

A front bumper camera would be cool if I need to get into somewhere super tight but not a big deal anymore (due to vision update) and ambient lighting feels a little gimmicky where it would be cool for a while then fade into the background where my brain will make it 'invisible' to me.

Now if the refresh added back in front door ultrasonic sensors, that may be worth waiting for. Fighting the door motor still annoys me every time I get into the car. I am crossing my fingers the next big vision update will manage the door motion similar to how the ultrasonic door sensors do it.

Last edited:
I say we all riot and call elon out on 'x' and twist his arm to release a bumper camera retrofit under the reasoning that it would improve safety, benefiting everyone's experience and accelerating the inevitable release of FSD unsupervised because it would improve the pothole avoidance

I say we all riot and call elon out on 'x' and twist his arm to release a bumper camera retrofit under the reasoning that it would improve safety, benefiting everyone's experience and accelerating the inevitable release of FSD unsupervised because it would improve the pothole avoidance

That's a bit extreme for something you can easily DIY with aftermarket parts less the fsd bit ;) I personally wouldn't wait for a mini refresh it's not worth the wait or price as all mini refresh items you can get easily aftermarket if you 'really' want them.

I’m waiting on the rumored refresh or further price reduction personally.

I’m waiting for a price drop or revision myself. I’m not in a hurry. Looking at a red plaid.
Not gunna happen... Last year (2023) was the year for S/X price drops.

What more are you expecting after a $30-40k reduction?

Free colors late last year, you missed it. Extra $1k Tesla Loyalty offer still on the table for some if you're a CT res. holder.

ON and OFF FSD and Unlimited Supercharging transfers as well... best it's gunna get.

Attachments

• Tesla X-S Pricing 2023.jpg
    Tesla X-S Pricing 2023.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 13
Not gunna happen... Last year (2023) was the year for S/X price drops.

What more are you expecting after a $30-40k reduction?

Free colors late last year, you missed it. Extra $1k Tesla Loyalty offer still on the table for some if you're a CT res. holder.

ON and OFF FSD and Unlimited Supercharging transfers as well... best it's gunna get.
They are hardly selling any so either they are ok with a low volume or more changes are coming.

Reactions: KArnold
They are hardly selling any so either they are ok with a low volume or more changes are coming.

I believe they are preparing for similar build process for S/X as the 2-series car (wouldn't make sense to build in a more inefficient way) and will eventually sell these in large volumes at lower cost. Should come out (deliveries) before the 2 so they can charge premiums for "sigature edition" while ironing out the kinks. They will not announce it before it comes out to try to prevent osborne.

Yep - Just took delivery today! build date 4/6! Caught some cosmetic flaws (interior door trim scratch), exterior window trim scratch. They will replace both on next service appointment. One side of the FWD is not entirely flushed like the other side. But they said it was within spec. I didn't bother rejecting or asking them to replace as I know that'll only create more problems.

Everything else is fine. The delivery person was impatient AF. Probably worried about his job as the massive layoff were just announced for Austin. But man, what a poor experience. I even had to cheer him on a bit.

No ambient light and no front camera.

Took delivery last week. Everything was fine except I had an error on the dash for left daytime running light malfunction. The Left side DRL does not work, only the passenger side works. Showed it to the advisor who asked a tech and they said it's just a software issue and once I get home to just update the car. Did that and nothing was fixed.

Tried resetting the car that didn't help.

Frustrating that I now have to go back and the next appointment isn't till Middle of May

Reactions: chintanchotli
Took delivery last week. Everything was fine except I had an error on the dash for left daytime running light malfunction. The Left side DRL does not work, only the passenger side works. Showed it to the advisor who asked a tech and they said it's just a software issue and once I get home to just update the car. Did that and nothing was fixed.

Tried resetting the car that didn't help.

Frustrating that I now have to go back and the next appointment isn't till Middle of May
That sounds like a mobile repair but maybe not depending on where you live.

Got even worse today. Underneath the passenger side under the car was leaking a lot of blue fluid. They said looks like coolant. Dropped off the car with them. Car is great but so far not happy with delivery quality.
That sounds like the battery coolant that circulates in channels around the batteries and through the super manifold. Probably a connection that did not seat right. Not a big deal and an easy fix if that is where the problem is. No harm, no foul.
Definitely better than when I bought my brand new Honda Accord two door years ago when the new model came out and saw I had a transmission leak in the first 1000 miles. I took it back and they had my car for a month because they needed to order a transmission. In the end, they put a refurbished transmission in my 1000 mile new car. I told them I wanted a new transmission or a replacement new car and was told no to both. They said I can go to Corporate for a new transmission but they already did and was told no. I was then told if I wanted a new transmission, it would have to be ordered and may take at least three months to arrive from overseas and they would not provide me with a loaner. A year later I received a letter from Honda Corporate extending my transmission warranty to 10 years or 100K miles because of a 'defect' found in the version of transmission they put in my car. They would not replace it still, just gave me a longer warranty in case it left me stranded on the side of the road. Now that is a terrible experience.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jboy210
That sounds like the battery coolant that circulates in channels around the batteries and through the super manifold. Probably a connection that did not seat right. Not a big deal and an easy fix if that is where the problem is. No harm, no foul.
Definitely better than when I bought my brand new Honda Accord two door years ago when the new model came out and saw I had a transmission leak in the first 1000 miles. I took it back and they had my car for a month because they needed to order a transmission. In the end, they put a refurbished transmission in my 1000 mile new car. I told them I wanted a new transmission or a replacement new car and was told no to both. They said I can go to Corporate for a new transmission but they already did and was told no. I was then told if I wanted a new transmission, it would have to be ordered and may take at least three months to arrive from overseas and they would not provide me with a loaner. A year later I received a letter from Honda Corporate extending my transmission warranty to 10 years or 100K miles because of a 'defect' found in the version of transmission they put in my car. They would not replace it still, just gave me a longer warranty in case it left me stranded on the side of the road. Now that is a terrible experience.

From the sound of it, seems all was good with the transmission you got, except the one month wait time (if they gave you a similar loaner for that time you would have been good?)?