Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery chaos continues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I've just had a call from Tesla Referral.
Seems that I can expect my model 3 SR+ somewhen between July and the end is September, but they just can't put a date to it. But I will be given a week's notice of when I can pick it up at Heathrow. So time to sort out insurance/paperwork and of course the money.
Reservation date was 20/10/16 ordered 06/05/19 updated order with towbar when it became an option. That may have slowed down my car delivery!

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
UNWATCH THREAD will remove the "marker" (indicating you have participated, or flagged it "Watch") on the index page

You can block individual people if you like (but in practice that doesn't really work because other people will quote their replies, so you still have to skate over them ...)

Not a screen print, per se, but may help:

Tesla's Future

Thanks Wannabe, I'll look out for something like -

"showInsuranceBlockInNextSteps":false,"vin":"5YJ9x9xx9xx999999","insuredVIN":null

Mind you as Vanilla says there are loads of other VIN fields, I wonder if they all get populated?

Just came across this on the Twitterz.

Oh my.

F7CE0EC8-55EB-4902-854E-A0897A7EF85A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Just came across this on the Twitterz.

Oh my.

View attachment 427977

If all it took was some dealer telling me porkies about any part of the car I'd never buy one.

Last time I was at an Audi dealership they actually tried to convince me that PCP financially was a better choice because I could invest the money im not spending somewhere else instead of buying with cash.

Tesla is not immune to hiring idiots.

If all it took was some dealer telling me porkies about any part of the car I'd never buy one.

Last time I was at an Audi dealership they actually tried to convince me that PCP financially was a better choice because I could invest the money im not spending somewhere else instead of buying with cash.

Tesla is not immune to hiring idiots.

LOL! we had to endure similar BS at our local Porsche dealership. My wife is a Chartered Accountant FFS! In the end they had to admit they were just plugging finance for their own commission. Ended up taking it for a £2k discount on the car and then settled it in full. It was a lot of hassle though for a couple of grand. Also had to listen to all the other add on bollocks they attempt to flog you at unrealistic prices. Buying a Tesla was like a breath of fresh air, notwithstanding the M3 launch chaos.

I wonder if it was the guy at the Tesla Store being a little dishonest to bag himself a bit of commission.
Fairly sure there's still no commission. I asked the sales guys in the main Birmingham dealership if they wanted to take the order for a model 3 performance or to do it online, and they said do whatever we wanted as it made no difference to them.

LOL! we had to endure similar BS at our local Porsche dealership. My wife is a Chartered Accountant FFS! In the end they had to admit they were just plugging finance for their own commission. Ended up taking it for a £2k discount on the car and then settled it in full. It was a lot of hassle though for a couple of grand. Also had to listen to all the other add on bollocks they attempt to flog you at unrealistic prices. Buying a Tesla was like a breath of fresh air, notwithstanding the M3 launch chaos.
Nice. When did you get it delivered...?!:confused:

Fairly sure there's still no commission. I asked the sales guys in the main Birmingham dealership if they wanted to take the order for a model 3 performance or to do it online, and they said do whatever we wanted as it made no difference to them.

I agree. The sales team at MK have never acted like they are on commission. It makes for a much better atmosphere too!

"paint protection" for £600 comes to mind, or my favorite, tyre insurance that's the same price as a new set of tyres and next to impossible to claim on.

Paint protection (various levels), leather protection, gap insurance, wheel/tyre insurance, minor chip/scratch insurance. It's embarrassing having to listen to it all when buying a car. Finance was the big one though. They literally wouldn't sell us a car without taking it and I'm not joking!

Even buying my wife's Qashqai was the same experience, like she cares if the wheels get kerbed or she picks up a few parking dings! At least they were less pushy about finance as we bought it through "Drive the Deal" after our local dealer pretended there was only a 1% discount available. Saved about 15% on list price on a custom order from another main dealer.

I got an automated email reply from Tesla (in response to asking about delivery dates) stating this:-

"Thank you for contacting the Model 3 Delivery Team UK.

Due to current high volumes, a response to your email may be delayed.

If you have not already done so, we would recommend completing the steps outlined in your Tesla Account to ensure that you are prepared for delivery of your Model 3.

If you have any questions regarding delivery timescales, please note that we will reach out to you directly once your Model 3 is in transit. Until then we cannot provide any further information. "

So it's pretty clear that they don't know when cars will be delivered until the last minute given that they are not building them to custom orders and instead matching built cars to orders when they are about to arrive in the uk. It was quite different when I ordered our MX as that was a true individual custom order so I could see each stage from production to delivery of my car. I can see this is simply not going to happen with the M3 so time to get over it. Or I could just waste my time asking various sales people when they think my car might arrive or complain on threads like this, lol.

This was also my experience in the Bristol store. Staff said it made no difference whether I ordered online or in store. If they were on commission then they would 100% have encouraged me to order with them in store.

So it's pretty clear that they don't know when cars will be delivered until the last minute given that they are not building them to custom orders and instead matching built cars to orders when they are about to arrive in the uk.
I wonder if that’s also the case with LR AWD? Surely they’re not going to build a shed-load (or should that be boat-load ;)) of random LR AWD cars when it was only available to order for a few weeks? Although, as we know with Tesla, expect the unexpected :rolleyes: