Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery chaos continues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just received a third call from Tesla today. They are trying to track down those of us in Scotland using the Scottish Governments zero interest Energy Saving Trust loan to buy our model 3's as apparently the government needs the invoice quite far in advance. It might be just for those of us who fall in that category, but they are trying to (outside of the algorithm) allocate cars to us from the "shipment due early August" so that we can get the special invoices in time for the EST. He did say, however, that doesn't guarantee when that car will make it to Edinburgh... but an interesting twist.

Does anyone else on here fall into that category as well? I would assume many of us in Scotland are using that.

I've just received a third call from Tesla today. They are trying to track down those of us in Scotland using the Scottish Governments zero interest Energy Saving Trust loan to buy our model 3's as apparently the government needs the invoice quite far in advance. It might be just for those of us who fall in that category, but they are trying to (outside of the algorithm) allocate cars to us from the "shipment due early August" so that we can get the special invoices in time for the EST. He did say, however, that doesn't guarantee when that car will make it to Edinburgh... but an interesting twist.

Does anyone else on here fall into that category as well? I would assume many of us in Scotland are using that.

Yes, I'm also in that category though I don't believe I've told them that we're using the EST loan. I just put 'Third Party Lending' which was the obvious option.

How did you tell Tesla this was your plan? Or do they have that information from the EST? I did give them the order confirmation so they could reach out to Tesla and pass that on I suppose.

They phoned me to ask... "I see you chose third party lending and you are based in Scotland... Can you tell me if that happens to be an EST loan?" Took me a moment to remember that EST meant energy savings trust. Like you, I simply put "third party lending" on my paperwork.

This was a follow up call from the one checking details that people have seem to have been receiving this week. I received both a couple of hours apart from the same +47 23 96... number

They phoned me to ask... "I see you chose third party lending and you are based in Scotland... Can you tell me if that happens to be an EST loan?" Took me a moment to remember that EST meant energy savings trust. Like you, I simply put "third party lending" on my paperwork.

This was a follow up call from the one checking details that people have seem to have been receiving this week. I received both a couple of hours apart from the same +47 23 96... number

Interesting... I will look out for such a call with great interest!

Can Scots exiled in Wales use this EST scheme? Please :cool::D

This was part of the conversation when I got a call from Norway end of last week. I had also chosen third party lender, the caller new exactly what I was talking about and also referred to it as EST loan. I need that Final Invoice for EST to process and transfer funds ready for delivery and if I remember correctly they want at least 10 working days to process transfer of funds. That requires at least 2 full weeks notice for delivery from Tesla. o_O

This was part of the conversation when I got a call from Norway end of last week. I had also chosen third party lender, the caller new exactly what I was talking about and also referred to it as EST loan. I need that Final Invoice for EST to process and transfer funds ready for delivery and if I remember correctly they want at least 10 working days to process transfer of funds. That requires at least 2 full weeks notice for delivery from Tesla. o_O

10 working days to process? That’s insane. Why the hell does it take them so long? You’d think once the delivery date is confirmed they could release the funds same day easily. The loan is already approved so that is there to do?

It is a bit of a crazy length of time, but hey, 6 years no interest.... and the mostly free ChargePlace Scotland charging network... those will save a few ££££ for those of us up here.

I do have mixed feelings if we get to jump the queue because of it (I know everyone has been waiting ages), but I'm not going to say no to getting an early car allocation.

Reactions: MrBadger and dst87

I revived that call yesterday. The main point was that they will try to get the invoice to me in plenty of time before delivery.

It is a bit of a crazy length of time, but hey, 6 years no interest.... and the mostly free ChargePlace Scotland charging network... those will save a few ££££ for those of us up here.

I do have mixed feelings if we get to jump the queue because of it (I know everyone has been waiting ages), but I'm not going to say no to getting an early car allocation.

Yes, they shouldn’t really be prioritising vehicles based on payment method. Like you, I wouldn’t turn it away though.

Great incentives, I agree. Amazing how many people don’t know about it. A friend of mine was chatting to a Nissan and BMW dealer about the Leaf and i3 and they were very reluctant to bring up the loan. They want their sweet PCP kickbacks, I’m sure.

10 working days to process? That’s insane. Why the hell does it take them so long? You’d think once the delivery date is confirmed they could release the funds same day easily. The loan is already approved so that is there to do?

Not sure it does take this long but the initial application process was quoted to take 15 working days to complete. Sure enough on the 15th working day I got the email confirming my successful application. I had been checking my account prior to that and there appeared to be no activity until about the 11th working day, so the whole thing was done in the last 4 days.
I'm sure they can process the payments quicker but seem to stick to their timescales. o_O

Not sure it does take this long but the initial application process was quoted to take 15 working days to complete. Sure enough on the 15th working day I got the email confirming my successful application. I had been checking my account prior to that and there appeared to be no activity until about the 11th working day, so the whole thing was done in the last 4 days.
I'm sure they can process the payments quicker but seem to stick to their timescales. o_O

Weird! But the loan is appealing enough that I’ll put up with whatever.

Interesting about the application process. I’m on working day 8 right now (applied July 1st) so I know not to worry until the final day!

Reactions: MorayEVGuy
Spoke to Tesla today and they said that they do try to allocate against date of reservation, however, accepted that where it was quicker, they just ignored the reservation dates, or even if you had a reservation. So someone who ordered a few days ago could easily get their car before you.

They are expecting a ship and have issued most of the VIN numbers in respect of that ship. Therefore,if you do not have a VIN, date/time to collect, you are unlikely to get a car in August. The assurance was given there will be more ships that quickly follow, but of course, we are entering the end of the third quarter, so we could see another freeze on UK deliveries. If this happens, we would see deliveries resume in October or November. If this happens, those of us who have installed an OLEV charger could fall outside the 4-month window and have to pay the £500 grant back. The Gov't view is this is a luxury car, so you can afford it and you will get little sympathy.

Therefore if you have a car on order, it does not matter much if you had a reservation and they cannot give delivery dates until about two weeks ahead of time.

Some will argue that Tesla can do no wrong and we should just be patient and be thankful when they deliver the car, hopefully, this year. No point getting frustrated that others who do not have reservations and placed the order more recently get their cars, they are trying their best.

Good news is that it is a fantastic car and the Supercharger network are years ahead of the competition, so you really have no choice if you want something other than an EV town car.

Many here are happy as they have their Model S or X and argue we should all relax and just wait, our cars will arrive eventually. And to be fair, there really is nothing you can do, Tesla is just not interested as we are a very small market.

I still argue this is chaos.