Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford production for 1918: 435,898 vehicles

1918 production figures here: U.S. Automobile Production Figures - Wikipedia

Looks like Ford hit 1 million cars (cumulative) in 1915: Ford builds its 1 millionth car - Dec 10, 1915 - HISTORY.com

I am unsure of the value of making this comparison.

If Tesla was an ICE company with its differentiation being mainly vehicle autonomy only - they could produce cars more easily than they do.

There’s no good explanation for Ford not being able to spin up a gigafactory other than they can’t.

@sam You have the right to be a little upset about the way they treated you IMO. They didn't need to pretend like they were doing you a favor. They should have just told you that they've been swamped trying to get so many cars out and that they're very sorry to tell you that your car was accidentally shipped to the wrong location. I think most people would have understood and been fine with that explanation.

Regardless of your feelings, others will no-doubt feel the same if they are treated the same, so you're actually doing Tesla and future customers a favor by giving them feedback regarding the way you were treated. You don't need to yell at them, but you can let them know how it made you feel.

Reactions: neroden
Has anyone else here had the Tesla store call them the day of their scheduled delivery and try to change the appointment to a different location? Here's what the rep said on the phone and I'm quite irritated:

Hi Mr [name], I'm calling to tell you that we have a great opportunity for you! We're calling to see if you'd like to pick up your Model 3 at our new [city] location!
So not only are they trying to change the location of my appointment literally an hour and a half before my appointment, and not apologizing for the change, but they're trying to pretend that they're offering this as a favor to me?! What they should be doing is apologizing and asking if there is anything they can do to alleviate the inconvenience.

I told the rep that I will not be changing my pickup location (the one they offered is quite a bit farther away from me) and he offered to reschedule the appointment for two days from now instead, which I accepted. I was quite busy and hung up the phone shortly after, but I'm going to have some words for them once I show up to my (now rescheduled) appointment.
99 of 100 customers that the iSA called with the exact same request were ecstatic with the offer. You, on the other hand were vary annoyed at the offer. So sure, everyone is out to make your life miserable. The entire company screwed this up.

• Funny
Reactions: saminatlanta
99 of 100 customers that the iSA called with the exact same request were ecstatic with the offer. You, on the other hand were vary annoyed at the offer. So sure, everyone is out to make your life miserable. The entire company screwed this up.

Lol, where did this 99/100 statistic come from, exactly? :D I wouldn't exactly call it an "offer" when someone calls to say that they're cancelling your original appointment, so much as a problem. If he were offering me the choice between my original appointment and a new appointment, I would have stuck with the original.

I also didn't say that everyone is out to make my life miserable (I'm not important enough for that anyway), or that the entire company screwed this up. Chill out with the hyperboles and relax ;)

You are correct :) I was being cagey about it since I'm generally cautious about giving away too many details online, but I guess it was easy to put two and two together on that one. It would have been interesting to check out the new location, but it would have been a logistical nightmare for me compared to the Decatur location.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. Based on what I've been reading it sounds like it will be well worth it in the end.

Sorry to hear about the last minute change. Interesting to hear they're now doing Alpharetta deliveries. I would pay to be able to pick up in Alpharetta - just don't tell Tesla that.

• Funny
Reactions: saminatlanta