TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery Location Changed Last-Minute

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by saminatlanta, Jul 23, 2018.

1. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

I am unsure of the value of making this comparison.

If Tesla was an ICE company with its differentiation being mainly vehicle autonomy only - they could produce cars more easily than they do.

There’s no good explanation for Ford not being able to spin up a gigafactory other than they can’t.

2. SteveWin1

SteveWin1 Member

@sam You have the right to be a little upset about the way they treated you IMO. They didn't need to pretend like they were doing you a favor. They should have just told you that they've been swamped trying to get so many cars out and that they're very sorry to tell you that your car was accidentally shipped to the wrong location. I think most people would have understood and been fine with that explanation.

Regardless of your feelings, others will no-doubt feel the same if they are treated the same, so you're actually doing Tesla and future customers a favor by giving them feedback regarding the way you were treated. You don't need to yell at them, but you can let them know how it made you feel.

• Like x 1
  3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

99 of 100 customers that the iSA called with the exact same request were ecstatic with the offer. You, on the other hand were vary annoyed at the offer. So sure, everyone is out to make your life miserable. The entire company screwed this up.

• Funny x 1
  4. saminatlanta

saminatlanta Member

Lol, where did this 99/100 statistic come from, exactly? :D I wouldn't exactly call it an "offer" when someone calls to say that they're cancelling your original appointment, so much as a problem. If he were offering me the choice between my original appointment and a new appointment, I would have stuck with the original.

I also didn't say that everyone is out to make my life miserable (I'm not important enough for that anyway), or that the entire company screwed this up. Chill out with the hyperboles and relax ;)

5. Dawg

Dawg New Member

Sorry to hear about the last minute change. Interesting to hear they're now doing Alpharetta deliveries. I would pay to be able to pick up in Alpharetta - just don't tell Tesla that.

• Funny x 1
  6. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

I would LOVE to take delivery in Alpharetta! Way closer for me and I hate getting in and out of the Decatur facility. Hell, at this point I'd take delivery in Seattle!

I WANT MY CAR!!

Dan