Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up MY this morning. Ordered 7/6 white/black all standard. VERY important tip, make sure you open trunk door OUTSIDE of your garage and adjust the height before moving in. Mine came about 1 in from hitting the door on top, almost gave me the heart attack. Besides that all is good. Oh the frunk suck at closing. I don’t know who designed that but it took me about 10 tries to try closing it properly and also afraid I might be making a dent on the hood. That’s one bad design.
Didn’t know about the trunk door. Thanks for letting us know even though my garage is very high I still needed to know for other places.
I’m also in NJ ordered the same day as you. I had that same configuration until I switched to blue. I’m waiting for that text for final payment and delivery pickup. They told me the car should be in Springfield by next Friday night. Hopefully I can pickup on Saturday. Will show picks once I setup accessories etc

They might've reassigned my delivery center to Seattle-SoDo from Bellevue somehow but I've read about others living in unincorporated zones that had home delivery and paid the local tax since that technically is the "delivery address". Other's have also been invoiced for RTA and had to request Tesla remove it since they actually lived outside the RTA zone as well so it's a bit of a messy situation that requires your advocacy more than Tesla's competence.

I was charged the incorrect RTA fee because Tesla incorrectly reported my MSRP to the Department of Licensing. It took 2.5years and countless calls/emails to Tesla to get that fixed.

*EDIT: (This looks like a good explanation of why some "delivery" are charged at rate of delivery center and others as home address
I was able to get the RTA fixed on my final invoice :).

Picked up MY this morning. Ordered 7/6 white/black all standard. VERY important tip, make sure you open trunk door OUTSIDE of your garage and adjust the height before moving in. Mine came about 1 in from hitting the door on top, almost gave me the heart attack. Besides that all is good. Oh the frunk suck at closing. I don’t know who designed that but it took me about 10 tries to try closing it properly and also afraid I might be making a dent on the hood. That’s one bad design.
Happy for you!! We have a 2014 MS, and the frunk is the same way, tricky to close, if you don't push down with both flat hands on either side of closing latch it feels like the hood will dent super easily. Makes me nervous if a non-Tesla ever tries owner closes it. Congrats on the new MY!!

Our SA showed us how to close the frunk: with it sitting closed but not latched, use both heels of your hands on the center front edge, use just enough force to get it to click. Never push on it more than a hands width from the edge. Never try to slam it. Those Hertz cars are going to get destroyed.

Think of it as a high tech ultra light door on a Ferrari or Lambo. It's quirky, and knowledgeable owners value the skills needed to master the operation. At least that's what I told my wife when she said what the hell?

After being within my EDD range this week (10/27 - 11/10), today it changed to 11/5 - 12/3 ... I spoke with my SA and he told me we're scheduled for a VIN 10/30. I don't know what to believe...
I also spoke with an SA after being within my EDD twice and they told me I should be assigned a VIN first week of November. Do they really know when it'll get assigned? I am also doubtful but it made me feel better. Lol

After being within my EDD range this week (10/27 - 11/10), today it changed to 11/5 - 12/3 ... I spoke with my SA and he told me we're scheduled for a VIN 10/30. I don't know what to believe...
Its getting really annoying. My OD was July 21st, EDD keeps changing original was oct 2-22, after getting a 2 week window in November 23, it went back to a 4 week window ending December 9.