Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine (MYLR-Red on white) on 7/6, profile complete 7/6. EDD was showing Sep 18-30 then for some time in Oct and now today (8/25) its showing Nov-7 to 27. I dont understand whats going on? This has to be heavily manipulated EDD calculation. I am assuming that order entry must be processed in queue and not where the delivery is vs California residents. Noticed that CA customers dont have to wait that much. Very disappointing.
As somebody who's now nearly 3 months into waiting for his MY, let me try to calm your nerves by telling you to ignore the EDD, get off this forum and go live your life until week 9-10 past your profile completion date. Reading into the tea leaves this early is just going to drive you crazy. SA's don't know anything, they'll tell you the company line "your EDD looks correct per our system".

Seriously, your just a third of the way through the wait, just go do your thing and stop torturing yourself.

My MYLR ordered 7/6, profile complete 7/6 was showing EDD around Aug then moved to Sep 18-30 for a while and suddenly today its showing Nov 7-27. I am not sure whats going on. it has to be heavily manipulated EDD calculation because unless there is production impact, the finalized orders date should be this volatile. isn't it?

As somebody who's now nearly 3 months into waiting for his MY, let me try to calm your nerves by telling you to ignore the EDD, get off this forum and go live your life until week 9-10 past your profile completion date. Reading into the tea leaves this early is just going to drive you crazy. SA's don't know anything, they'll tell you the company line "your EDD looks correct per our system".

Seriously, your just a third of the way through the wait, just go do your thing and stop torturing yourself.
tenor.gif

Exactly this, do not worry yourself more than you need to. As we all have noted for a long time now, that date changes A LOT! Breathe, it will all work out.

My EDD has been consistent for two weeks now at 10/8-28. I like this kind of consistency...
No drama with my dates, either. No change since August 18, when the EDD was set at October 16 – November 05.
Boring. No drama. No reason to get excited or agitated, and all I can really do is tell folks in this forum that nothing has changed. Nothing. Nothing at all.

Reactions: Suhleese
My MYLR ordered 7/6, profile complete 7/6 was showing EDD around Aug then moved to Sep 18-30 for a while and suddenly today its showing Nov 7-27. I am not sure whats going on. it has to be heavily manipulated EDD calculation because unless there is production impact, the finalized orders date should be this volatile. isn't it?
yes, your EDD will make insane changes in initial phase of your order while tesla "queues" up your build in their system 2-3 months from now. My EDD ranged from Mid-July to late september and all manner of dates in between.

your EDD doesn't matter while making these dramatic shifts until it starts to sit static for days and your "date range between early and late days" is less than 15 days total and your early day is within 10 days of current. Only then are you remotely close to getting a vin and even then some have sat like that for MONTHS like me, before getting a vin.

Reactions: Samier_RN and DZMY
finally got a VIN!!!!

June 1, 2021 - Ordered MYLR
June 2 - Aug 18 - Delivery day changed constantly, as short as 60 days up to 120 days
Aug 19 - Received VIN (EDD changed to Aug 31-Sept 3)
Aug 23 - started the finance process through another bank
Aug 24 - did not hear from my rep so I contacted the local Tesla Dealership
Was told that the MYLR was on transit to the local dealership
Should arrive Sept 3 (stated they would need a couple of days to inspect and then I could pickup the MYLR)
Stated that I should receive an email between Aug 24-27 to schedule my pickup

now I wait to receive the email to schedule my pickup!
just got the text about picking a delivery day!!!

I ordered mine (MYLR-Red on white) on 7/6, profile complete 7/6. EDD was showing Sep 18-30 then for some time in Oct and now today (8/25) its showing Nov-7 to 27. I dont understand whats going on? This has to be heavily manipulated EDD calculation. I am assuming that order entry must be processed in queue and not where the delivery is vs California residents. Noticed that CA customers dont have to wait that much. Very disappointing.
There are California MYLR orders from May that are outstanding.

Reactions: DZMY
Actually I think it is the opposite. From what I’ve seen on this forum CA customers are deprioritized until the last month of the quarter. For reference I ordered my MYP on 7/8 and those on the east coast who ordered the same configuration over 1 month later already have received their VINs, while I havent. I live 10 miles from the factory 😂

Reactions: DZMY and DDubbsEV