Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a text that I got assigned a VIN today with a ED of 12/3-7. Seems a little too soon since it took my MYLR about 2 weeks once I got the VIN, but it looks like there are some transit delays.
And was kind of hoping that I would get it in Jan for the tax credit but sharing one car with 3 people is a bit of a struggle 🥲

Picked up my Y last Tuesday. Been REALLY excited to get mine.

First, my Previous car was a 2018 Prius Prime Advanced that was really loaded - actually has quite a few more options than the Y. Movements were seamless and smooth. Everything worked right. The 12" monitor was nice, but navigating it was sub par. 30 miles on battery then gas. Slow and small. Ride was average. It's a small car. Horrible in the snow. Reliable. But an excellent PHEV for their first attempt.

As for the Y - The Y is an OK car.
Very Quick, roomy, amazing handling. Screen is intuitive.
Charging is very good.
Movements (e.g. regeneration braking, cruise control) are more harsh than the Prius.
Ride is bouncy - feel a lot of the bumps.
Experienced my first Phantom Braking - YIKES!!!
Wipers - auto setting isn't very good.
FSD - money wasted.

I was spoiled with the tech of the Prime Advanced. I'm ok with the Y, but for me the Y was just a small upgrade in tech for me. Shoot.

MYLR AWD Midnight Silver / Black / 19" / No Tow / FSD / 5 seat
OD: 7/23 / EDD: 11/15-11/30, 11/1-11/30 11/20-12/04 Picked up 11/23.

Reactions: BGOwner
Picked up my Y last Tuesday. Been REALLY excited to get mine.

First, my Previous car was a 2018 Prius Prime Advanced that was really loaded - actually has quite a few more options than the Y. Movements were seamless and smooth. Everything worked right. The 12" monitor was nice, but navigating it was sub par. 30 miles on battery then gas. Slow and small. Ride was average. It's a small car. Horrible in the snow. Reliable. But an excellent PHEV for their first attempt.

As for the Y - The Y is an OK car.
Very Quick, roomy, amazing handling. Screen is intuitive.
Charging is very good.
Movements (e.g. regeneration braking, cruise control) are more harsh than the Prius.
Ride is bouncy - feel a lot of the bumps.
Experienced my first Phantom Braking - YIKES!!!
Wipers - auto setting isn't very good.
FSD - money wasted.

I was spoiled with the tech of the Prime Advanced. I'm ok with the Y, but for me the Y was just a small upgrade in tech for me. Shoot.

What kinda tech did the Prime have that you miss?

I also have 2021 Prius Prime Advanced. It has the 12 inch monitor plus:

Smooth regenerative braking
HUD with speed, electric range, lane monitoring, Turn by turn navigation
LED dashboard with multiple functions
Outstanding cruise control with no sudden braking that you set the following distance.
Sirius/XM
Dealers all over the country that can repair it in a reasonable time if necessary. (This is what I will miss the most)
All functions are easily accessed from 12 inch screen of steering wheel controls.

I'm picking my Y up on or before Dec 9th so I'll be able to see how valid complaints here are. I actually just sat in a Y yesterday for the first time when I took a ride to the Raliegh, NC SC which is 145 miles from me. I was pleasently surprised at how large the Y seems compared to the 3's I have seen around town.

I also have 2021 Prius Prime Advanced. It has the 12 inch monitor plus:

Smooth regenerative braking
HUD with speed, electric range, lane monitoring, Turn by turn navigation
LED dashboard with multiple functions
Outstanding cruise control with no sudden braking that you set the following distance.
Sirius/XM
Dealers all over the country that can repair it in a reasonable time if necessary. (This is what I will miss the most)
All functions are easily accessed from 12 inch screen of steering wheel controls.

I'm picking my Y up on or before Dec 9th so I'll be able to see how valid complaints here are. I actually just sat in a Y yesterday for the first time when I took a ride to the Raliegh, NC SC which is 145 miles from me. I was pleasently surprised at how large the Y seems compared to the 3's I have seen around town.
Things the Prius Prime Advanced has that I miss vs my new model Y

Heads up Display
Heads up directions
Pre-collision warning that is very accurate and works
Lane departure notice that works
Dynamic cruise control that is consistent
Touch locks on the door handle
Very smooth brake regeneration
Weather map
Replay up to 15 minutes of radio
Hold button on radio stations
Rain sensor wipers that are accurate and consistent
Clean window warning
Notice if I've been driving a long time - asks if I need a break
Rear traffic warning
Will grade me on my driving
Old gas sensor
I got about 30 miles on battery and it was accurate all year long - during very cold weather or hot. Range only dropped about 20% max
Lane departure sway - will nudge the steering wheel if I get close to lane traffic lines.
Adjust the climate control for # of people in the car.

My model Y is a really nice car. Just took a 7 hour drive yesterday to Chicago and back. Got used to the phantom breaking. The first one was in town and locked the brakes hard.

Things the Prius Prime Advanced has that I miss vs my new model Y

Heads up Display
Heads up directions
Pre-collision warning that is very accurate and works
Lane departure notice that works
Dynamic cruise control that is consistent
Touch locks on the door handle
Very smooth brake regeneration
Weather map
Replay up to 15 minutes of radio
Hold button on radio stations
Rain sensor wipers that are accurate and consistent
Clean window warning
Notice if I've been driving a long time - asks if I need a break
Rear traffic warning
Will grade me on my driving
Old gas sensor
I got about 30 miles on battery and it was accurate all year long - during very cold weather or hot. Range only dropped about 20% max
Lane departure sway - will nudge the steering wheel if I get close to lane traffic lines.
Adjust the climate control for # of people in the car.

My model Y is a really nice car. Just took a 7 hour drive yesterday to Chicago and back. Got used to the phantom breaking. The first one was in town and locked the brakes hard.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Just got home with the new MYLR picked up in Charlotte/Mathews NC. Very smooth and efficiently done. Signed papers inside, was given ample time to inspect the vehicle which to our eyes was perfect, including the USB ports and wireless charging. Hit accept on the phone and then a really nice young man came and spent an hour with us pairing our phones doing the profiles, going over settings, etc. Then it was home. All I can say is auto drive and auto steer are unbelievable. Now to study the manual and find out how to turn OFF the radio and other things. Oh, connected my tesla home charger and it's happily charging away!

Just got home with the new MYLR picked up in Charlotte/Mathews NC. Very smooth and efficiently done. Signed papers inside, was given ample time to inspect the vehicle which to our eyes was perfect, including the USB ports and wireless charging. Hit accept on the phone and then a really nice young man came and spent an hour with us pairing our phones doing the profiles, going over settings, etc. Then it was home. All I can say is auto drive and auto steer are unbelievable. Now to study the manual and find out how to turn OFF the radio and other things. Oh, connected my tesla home charger and it's happily charging away!
We want pics!

We want pics!
IMG_0934.jpeg

OK here she is charging next to our Prius.