Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery without USB-C ports and wireless phone charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you able to start sentry and access dashcam footage? if so then the glove box USB will be there.
Sentry works. I can see dashcam and Sentry footage. Have not added extra drive. Damned if I can see a USB outlet in the glove box. Tomorrow promises to be bright and warm, and I will try to see if I can see it. USB outlets in rear section of forward console well will power things. But no wireless charge. TOmorrow is add on day, new lights, lighted Tesla logo, silver wheel covers, and off to see the wrap guys in Arlington to see if I can cover the hideous black trim.

yeah fair enough, doesn't make it right though. Its poor.
Oh mais oui, as it were. Poor indeed. There would be a nicer "feel good" moment if they just did an email or text blast - "Hey, this widget will be missing, due to vendor supplies, but we thought you would rather have your car now. As soon as we can, we'll install the widget for free, thanks for your patience.".
By not forewarning, there's the "Hey, those S.O.B.s didn't give me the widget!" moment. Like the dimmable outside mirrors missing from The Blue Bunny.

While I applaud so many things that Tesla does, they should take a step back and review their customer relations/perceptions. Maybe LISTEN to people who have real issues. Like the *&%^$@*!!! tiny text and lack of contrast on the display.

Sorry, that soap box was just standing there, acting like it needed someone to jump up on it.

Reactions: Leejmoff
Sentry works. I can see dashcam and Sentry footage. Have not added extra drive. Damned if I can see a USB outlet in the glove box. Tomorrow promises to be bright and warm, and I will try to see if I can see it. USB outlets in rear section of forward console well will power things. But no wireless charge. TOmorrow is add on day, new lights, lighted Tesla logo, silver wheel covers, and off to see the wrap guys in Arlington to see if I can cover the hideous black trim.
If you have the ports and the wireless charging doesn't work, that's sounds like a fault. Given a lot of the cars shipped from China without the USB ports and associated wireless chargers, and then had them installed in the UK prior to delivery, it's possible that someone didn't plug in a cable properly....

sorry this might have been answered already but if you have a car with missing USB and wireless how do you book to get them installed ? Will we get told when to do this or do we just book in now (and if so then how - just go to service on the app ?)

Thanks
I asked them when I picked up and I was told I will be contacted when the parts are available.

This makes no sense whatsoever.
Ordered a car with BMW and had an estimated delivery date, which they brought forward. Then was told the powered tailgate and then touchscreen would not be included due to the chip shortages. The delivery date was delayed from October to "possibly" March and no refund was ever offered for the items they had removed.

Tesla retrofitting the missing USB ports seems a much better way of dealing with the current parts shortage. Blessing in disguise for me having cancelled BMW and now have my Model 3 LR sitting on the drive, delivered last Friday.

sorry this might have been answered already but if you have a car with missing USB and wireless how do you book to get them installed ? Will we get told when to do this or do we just book in now (and if so then how - just go to service on the app ?)

Thanks
I just used service in the app, selected the mobile fitter option and seems to have gone through ok. Fitter is coming next Tuesday afternoon, couldn't be easier.

Reactions: Durzel

Thanks
Realistically, the best way (only way?) to find out what's going on with the USB fitments is probably to keep an eye on these forums 🙂

I can’t see a glovebox USB port either. Can see sentry footage but damned if I can see the USB ?