Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you reserve the cyberTruck?

Did you reserve the Cybertruck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d consider trading in my 3 for this.. but just like I did with the 3 I will want to see and drive it before buying. Though I guess the argument to reserve to lock in FSD pricing is decent considering it’s fully refundable. But who knows maybe by then they will be selling fsd exclusively by subscription or who knows what else.
previously I thought my next trade would be for a model y but I would take this truck over the Y for sure. Wish I could just transfer my FSD from the 3 to the truck!
Same here, thought my next would be a Y for sure, but for same price I'll take the truck any day.

I like the truck but in my use case I would be commuting to work daily hauling 3 tons on wheels and single occupant.

My current Model 3 is the best Tesla for commuting responsibly.

Good luck to all RSVPs!

Same, I don't see the need for this unless it's for business / utility for around the house when you actually need to haul some stuff.

Although CAD $150 for the base model is tempting if its included in the Federal Rebate. The Urban hauler :). No need for FSD for short trips (Assuming basic AP is standard).

When you reserve, don't you also lock into the current list price, not only FSD?

My Model Y reservation has me already saving $2,990CDN ($91,600 vs $94,590).

I'm not sure about the base prices for the truck itself. The reservation screen specifically mentions the FSD price lock. I doubt they will deviate from the three base trim prices since they pretty much showed the world that is what it will cost so they will very likely stay true to that.

The Model Y price reduction for you was due to the paint offering change and possibly Autopilot being standard?

I'm not sure about the base prices for the truck itself. The reservation screen specifically mentions the FSD price lock. I doubt they will deviate from the three base trim prices since they pretty much showed the world that is what it will cost so they will very likely stay true to that.

The Model Y price reduction for you was due to the paint offering change and possibly Autopilot being standard?

The cost reduction was likely as you said, due to paint offering and autopilot, but isn't that one of the advantages of reserving? ;)

The cost reduction was likely as you said, due to paint offering and autopilot, but isn't that one of the advantages of reserving? ;)
I mean if someone wanted white paint then it would be a $0 cost option for them to reserve today. AP included for free is also there for anyone ordering today.

I like the Y but I'll apply my lessons learned from the Model 3 reservation process to it if I decide to pursue one.

I’m giving serious thought to picking up one of these. I don’t need it, so I’m not going to preorder, but a couple of the features are enough to push me to dual vehicle ownership. Principle reason I’m interested: the solar tonneau cover. Having a vehicle that can charge itself while parked is something I’m DEFINITELY hot for.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Went through the many stages of Cybertruck
1. Shock
2. Awe
3. Wow, those specs are awesome
4. Price point seems very good compared to the Y
5. Utility
6. Wow, It would be cool to own an urban assault vehicle, and still be electric.
7. Put in my $150 order

Ultimately, will most likely go for this over a Y and will be a complimentary vehicle to the 3. Use the 3 for commuting and city use, the Cybertruck for weekends, moving stuff, fun, etc.

Same, I don't see the need for this unless it's for business / utility for around the house when you actually need to haul some stuff.

Although CAD $150 for the base model is tempting if its included in the Federal Rebate. The Urban hauler :). No need for FSD for short trips (Assuming basic AP is standard).

If someone going to use this for their business they can write it off up to $55,000 in Canada

from their website Government of Canada

Tax Write-Off

Budget 2019 proposed a 100-per-cent write-off for zero-emission vehicles to support business adoption. Eligible zero-emission vehicles include, a motor vehicle that is a plug-in hybrid (with a battery capacity of at least 7 kWh) or vehicles that are fully electric or fully powered by hydrogen, including light-, medium- and heavy-duty vehicles purchased by a business. This measure applies to eligible vehicles purchased and becoming available for use on or after March 19, 2019 and before January 1, 2024. Where the capital costs for eligible zero-emission passenger vehicles (e.g., cars and SUVs) exceeds $55,000, the 100 per-cent write off will be limited to $55,000 plus the federal and provincial sales tax that would have been paid if the vehicle was purchased for $55,000.

Vehicles in respect of which an incentive is paid under the new federal Incentive for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program will be ineligible for the 100-per-cent write-off.

For more information on the tax write-off for these vehicles, businesses and self-employed individuals may contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-5525.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Like a couple of the other commenters - I have no need for a truck and I don't understand the desire for urban folks to want a truck, unless they need it for business purposes .
757ac79c-3669-42d3-b687-13e66b9ff56f-8875e8dc-fc08-4e89-8e62-1ba7ce735c02-v1.png

Like a couple of the other commenters - I have no need for a truck and I don't understand the desire for urban folks to want a truck, unless they need it for business purposes .
757ac79c-3669-42d3-b687-13e66b9ff56f-8875e8dc-fc08-4e89-8e62-1ba7ce735c02-v1.png

For me.. since it’s so cheap to drive around I don’t care if it uses more electricity than my 3. When I need the space I have it. Not the case with my three. This reminds me of a conversation with my wife.. I want a bigger house but she says ours (1000sf!!) is big enough.. except that every day we are tripping over each other trying to get around our cramped kitchen doorway, the bathroom.. trying to be quiet around the kids room after bedtime, etc.. I mean sure the house/3 are adequate.. but I want to be comfortable. Truck beds make for comfort. Bench seats are great. Especially with kids and dogs..
And trailers, and boats on trailers, are awesome!

I like the truck but in my use case I would be commuting to work daily hauling 3 tons on wheels and single occupant.

My current Model 3 is the best Tesla for commuting responsibly.

Cant argue with that logic. That is what has kept me away from trucks in well since forever. They are too wasteful.

I have a feeling though that the difference in consumption from a Model 3 to a Cybertruck will be minimal. In the fossil world of course it’s a dramatic difference if you compare a Model 3 sized ICE car to a V8 powered truck.

Any idea how much 35" winter tires will run?

These all terrain tires that have the snowflake symbol: Toyo Open Country Extreme AT2, BF Goodrich KO2, and Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. I use 33” Nokian Hakka SUV 8’s on my current pickup for the winter in 275/55/20 and they cost $500/tire.

I’ve used the Duratracs and currently have the Toyos for summer, but they are not as grippy as winter dedicated tires and are also super heavy tires. My wheels and AT tires weight 100+ pounds each. Will probably replace my Tundra with the Tri Motor Cybrtrk.

Reactions: thesteve
Cant argue with that logic. That is what has kept me away from trucks in well since forever. They are too wasteful.

I have a feeling though that the difference in consumption from a Model 3 to a Cybertruck will be minimal. In the fossil world of course it’s a dramatic difference if you compare a Model 3 sized ICE car to a V8 powered truck.

IF and only IF the difference in energy use is fairly small between a Y and a truck, then truck it is. The utility is definitely there and should last for ever. I just simply can't justify wasting a bunch of energy just to have the utility every once in a while when I need it. I bought my 3 because I don't like waste!

Interesting to see how the MY has lost a lot of sales already due to CyberTruck release I’m thinking the same thing right now maybe jump over to the truck side and cancel my Y order but keep in mind they will have to change somethings on the truck like side mirrors needed to be added and the strip headlights I’m sure will not be legal with ICBC it will be too blinding to the driver in front so yes it might look different at release date