Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you reserve the cyberTruck?

Did you reserve the Cybertruck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting a couple of years. Need to see what the rural charging infrastructure is like in rural AB. As far as I can tell the price of the Cybertruck is just a bit higher than the Model Y. Truck would be a bit more practical for my job needs.

Never bought a truck and never thought I’d ever even want a truck. And during the reveal I thought Elon and Tesla were crazy. And then last night....
upload_2019-11-23_20-9-37.jpeg

here's the dissenting, unpopular opinion........
I NEED a truck for my farm. I have driven an S85D for 4 1/2 years, for commuting, and I love it. my truck needs to tow a 5th wheel trailer, and the short bed and sloping sides of the Cybertruck count it out as an option.

Yes, I'm in the minority part of the market, but my whole industry will ignore this vehicle.
This part of the market is exactly the customer who would benefit from a long range hi powered, "fuel efficient" truck.

Sorry Telsa. Hello Rivian/Ford

When I bought our Model S in 2015 an important part was that the design was a more mainstream design that did not shout out that it was radically different. And not ugly like a neighbour’s BMI i3. Just a very handsome variation on “normal”. My first reaction to seeing the reveal of the cyber truck was, what have they done? Your average Joe in this area who drives a pickup (and there are a lot here) will not give this a second glance. Too futuristic. Are the sharp corners more economical to produce? Is that how they could have such a low price point?

I reserved two by accident because the ordering site crashed on me the first time, which to me is pretty telling on the demand. :)

I think they’ll do a more toned down truck shortly after this for the practical purposes listed above, but I also think for many other reasons - including those who like to be different like me - they’ll sell all they can build of this thing for a long time.

I NEED a truck for my farm. I have driven an S85D for 4 1/2 years, for commuting, and I love it. my truck needs to tow a 5th wheel trailer, and the short bed and sloping sides of the Cybertruck count it out as an option.

Yes, I'm in the minority part of the market, but my whole industry will ignore this vehicle.
This part of the market is exactly the customer who would benefit from a long range hi powered, "fuel efficient" truck.

Short bed? It’s 6.5 ft long while the Rivian bed is only 4.5ft. And do you really think Tesla won’t have a way to attach/tow different things?

Short bed? It's 6.5 feet. Rivian is under 5 feet... Anybody wanting more towing capacity from an electric truck is going to have wait longer than for rivian and ford too as I don't think they'll deliver that either. Ford is making an electric f150 which best case will match the cybertruck.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe

I doubt the Cybertruck will be Tesla's only entry into the utility pickup market. But you do what you gotta do, and good luck.

I just found out on Seeking Alpha that Ford's Mustang Mach-E has 14,000 reservations...and that is as of Nov. 20, THREE DAYS after the Mach-E was revealed. Tesla, in 24 hours, had 146,000 Cybertruck reservations. Holy cr...uhhh...carp!

The reservation cost for the Mach-E is $500 which is 5X as much as the Cyber Truck.

Plus there isn't pent up demand for yet another fast crossover like SUV.

The Cybertruck simply shows a LOT of demand for a rugged EV SUV.

For me personally I don't see the point in reserving. I didn't reserve for the Model 3, and it didn't harm my ability to get one I wanted at all.

I'm also sure the vehicle will morph quite a bit from it's current concept vehicle form to something that they can sell to the public at large volumes.

The reservation cost for the Mach-E is $500 which is 5X as much as the Cyber Truck.

Plus there isn't pent up demand for yet another fast crossover like SUV.

The Cybertruck simply shows a LOT of demand for a rugged EV SUV.

For me personally I don't see the point in reserving. I didn't reserve for the Model 3, and it didn't harm my ability to get one I wanted at all.

I'm also sure the vehicle will morph quite a bit from it's current concept vehicle form to something that they can sell to the public at large volumes.

The only real benefit to reserving the Cybertruck is to lock in the FSD pricing in case it goes up between now and when production starts. Otherwise I agree with it meaning squat.

I’d consider trading in my 3 for this.. but just like I did with the 3 I will want to see and drive it before buying. Though I guess the argument to reserve to lock in FSD pricing is decent considering it’s fully refundable. But who knows maybe by then they will be selling fsd exclusively by subscription or who knows what else.
previously I thought my next trade would be for a model y but I would take this truck over the Y for sure. Wish I could just transfer my FSD from the 3 to the truck!