Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed by Poor Interior Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my friends is vehemently anti Tesla. It is all based on jealousy, rather than on fact. I've quit rising to take the bait, which really ticks him off. I'd suggest the same treatment here.

Yup; just the right thing to do. I give such folks - who talk about battery fires, the long tailpipe, the "obscene" price, etc. - a disarming smile and a shrug and leave it at that. Does drive them mad :)

One of my friends is vehemently anti Tesla. It is all based on jealousy, rather than on fact. I've quit rising to take the bait, which really ticks him off. I'd suggest the same treatment here.

I have people in my life who also try to play that card.
I simply warn them "Don't poke the bear".

Confronting an untruth is a learned skill-set.
The Internet is rife with people who anonymously post drivel, while claiming some sort of credentials (ownership).
Yes, it is difficult, but it is better to tell the Truth than being run-over by a bunch of FUD.
The OP did not have a scintilla of truth or ethics in anything he posted.

I am glad he had an opportunity to actually sit in a Model S.
And he took a couple of photos to commemorate that achievement.
Whether the car meets his aesthetic design criteria for a great car or not is inconsequential.
Nor is it important if he thinks the car is innovative or conventional or hype.

The Truth is it is NOT his car, nor does he own a Model S, nor did he purchase it sight unseen, nor was he "price gouged".
His "regret" should be that he wandered onto this Forum while telling such whoppers.
And he is the one who got whopped.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."

I've got my car 2 months ago and I've experience roof leak and my door chrome lining loose. Tesla HK already replaced the chrome trim and it's still the same. The roof somehow no more leak but that makes me worry enough.

I normally don't respond to trolls, but do I try to keep both hands on the steering wheel when I drive, don't you? The arm rest is thus superfluous, even tough it does exist. Did you miss it?

You did feed the troll and with a chewy fallacy :)
Armrests are a preference comfort thing not something that can be labeled objectively superfluous or not. I like my armrests on long drives even while keeping good wheel hand positions.

I agree that OP is obviously telling stories but....I totally agree with him about the way too flexible coaming above the speedo, this should be as stiff as a board, not be able to move 3 inches. Has anyone devised a way to stiffen it?

I agree that OP is obviously telling stories but....I totally agree with him about the way too flexible coaming above the speedo, this should be as stiff as a board, not be able to move 3 inches. Has anyone devised a way to stiffen it?

Why does it need to be stiff as a board?? It is there to absorb impact. Often made of styrofoam. It is not there to support anything, but to shield the display from direct sunlight. It does that admirably (except maybe from the sides).

I'm not worrying about stiffening it up. I'm afraid if I did it, it would look "Mickey Mouse", and sure as the world, I'd probably get it in the neck in an accident.

Quit trying to bend it.