Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet this is an error.
Tesla north has the story as well, and with a picture of a HW4 car. Why do you want to dismiss the idea?

Reactions: WyoDude
Tesla north has the story as well, and with a picture of a HW4 car. Why do you want to dismiss the idea?

Interesting that the options code shows RA00...no radar. RA02 is the new radar code I believe. Could be that they are just rolling it out as they get parts....or the Y isn't getting the radar at all or...well, who the heck knows!?

Because there’s no physical proof this car exists. Could have been a data typo.

What is HW4, just to recap:

1. Is it new chips/computer + 5MP camera + radar?
or
2. new chips/computer + current res. camera(s) + radar + USS?
3. Or new chips/computer + radar ?

Would help to know. It’s bit muddled.
And apart from outside visual look - would there be an indication (that it’s HW4) inside the car on display (like where it shows current hardware/CPU etc)? Thanks!

What is HW4, just to recap:

1. Is it new chips/computer + 5MP camera + radar?
or
2. new chips/computer + current res. camera(s) + radar + USS?
3. Or new chips/computer + radar ?

Would help to know. It’s bit muddled.
And apart from outside visual look - would there be an indication (that it’s HW4) inside the car on display (like where it shows current hardware/CPU etc)? Thanks!

You forgot option 4, new computer + 5MP camera without HD Radar.

Reactions: AJ..
When are you picking up ? Well better cameras will make even basic autopilot better . Can you put it on hold ?
Sadly I had one on order from May 5th, but found one in St. Louis, I'm in Chicago, and I'm scheduled to take a train down next Thursday to take delivery and drive it home. I think if I changed it back to order, I would go to the back of the line. Seeing that I just sold my car, and they picked it up, one of those online we buy your car things, I'm sort of stuck without a car. It would just be a bummer to wait this long to finally buy one, and it immediately gets an upgrade that will make a substantial improvement to Autopilot.

I hear you the wait is killing me too, I almost ended up choosing one from local inventory too at times but not that much stock for 7 seaters. I think for people like me who are coming from a 8 year old Honda the only gizmo i am used to is collision braking and camera on right side. All other stuff for me is like a nice to have...