Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought MYLR in the first week of December with 3750 discount. I was thinking that I got a great deal by waiting for a week as my initial delivery was on last week of November. Then I saw the news of 7500 discount and then again 10k super charger miles. Now this news. This is outrageous. Don't we have any price protection as a consumer?
I'm in the same boat, purchased with the $3,750 discount. It's a free market and anyone can lower or raise their prices anytime they want. If you want to blame anyone, it's the writers of the EV tax credit bill. In order to meet the requirements Tesla had to lower the price. I think the writers trying to keep Tesla out just didn't expect them to be able to lower them that much. I sort of saw this coming but I figured the discount they were offering was going to be about the amount and they were negotiating. Oh well, life goes on and I still love my car.

Reactions: Yelobird
Must be hard to shop for groceries if your philosophy is that when peanut butter prices drop you won't ever eat PBJ's again.
Although I get the analogy, I think as whole, we should be more understanding for folks that are bitter right now. PBJ price difference even if there's a discount is like a few dollars, lol.

Most folks in the forums that purchased a Tesla is passionate about the brand/car to the point where they spend their days posting and talking about the cars. I can see them getting pissed about the recent price drop.

Reactions: Choncho
Although I get the analogy, I think as whole, we should be more understanding for folks that are bitter right now. PBJ price difference even if there's a discount is like a few dollars, lol.

Most folks in the forums that purchased a Tesla is passionate about the brand/car to the point where they spend their days posting and talking about the cars. I can see them getting pissed about the recent price drop.
I totally understand. I'm in the same boat. My trade-in is going to drop 20% before I take delivery of my 2023. I appreciate the pain and angst, but blaming Tesla isn't fair, they didn't make anyone buy anything. They stacked up cash, built their warchest, and now game on with the competition.

We all know that buying a new car is never a good financial decision, we buy new cars because we want new cars. If we had half a brain, we wouldn't ever buy a new car or for that matter spend more than $15K on a used car.

Reactions: VegasMYP
I totally understand. I'm in the same boat. My trade-in is going to drop 20% before I take delivery of my 2023. I appreciate the pain and angst, but blaming Tesla isn't fair, they didn't make anyone buy anything. They stacked up cash, built their warchest, and now game on with the competition.

We all know that buying a new car is never a good financial decision, we buy new cars because we want new cars. If we had half a brain, we wouldn't ever buy a new car or for that matter spend more than $15K on a used car.
Oh I get it. Going around blaming Tesla is not the move. If anything, is good for newer buyers, but there are always someone that "pays" haha.

So you and I are getting used Volts?

lol, Nov Tesla babies are hurting. Same here, Nov pickup. My config is indeed $13K less. Trying to self reason but it's tough fabricating a value of $13K, haha.

I ran my vehicle for a trade via Tesla to see the trade in value during the $7,500 discount and it was around $55k. Ran it this morning.... OUCH!!!!

IMG_0984-2.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: VegasMYP
Look on the bright side... Auto Insurance for these models "should" go down, as the value of used cars (spare parts) just vaporized.
That's another topic, haha. With the flooding here in CA. I can see insurance company increasing their rates due to whatever claims. If there's a business model that needs more pricing transparency, the insurance business should be it.

Reactions: JaeTheDev