Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I was more curious if I should wait when the Tesla vision is fully operational before ordering and wait for feedback from owners.
I was in your same position, I passed on 3 to wait for Y, then saw cybertruck and reserved in 2019. Then wanted a Y while waiting for CT, but wanted the castings, then wanted 4680s, now HW4.

I gave up the chase and I ordered on 1/15, my EDD is 2/17-3/17. Speculation out there is that HD radar was coming out mid January. Some supposed government filing details was postponed till 2-7-23. Everything is just speculation.

As someone here stated prior, the hardware you end up buying will be the worst version Tesla puts out from that point forward. The software however, is constantly upgraded over the air

Remember all the talk about how Elon owes people $ because they bought the day before that huge price drop. Well . . . now people owe Elon because they bought before the price increase. Just saying . . .
This is such a silly line of thought.

Person A bought before price cuts and is upset.

Person B bought before price increases and is not upset.

Person B should pay Elon more because Person A was screwed? Or should Person A just maybe be incrementally slightly less upset?

Reactions: zoomer0056
This is such a silly line of thought.

Person A bought before price cuts and is upset.

Person B bought before price increases and is not upset.

Person B should pay Elon more because Person A was screwed? Or should Person A just maybe be incrementally slightly less upset?
your logic is not correct

Person A bought before price cuts and is upset and demanded Elon pays for the damage

Person B bought before price increases and now Person B needs to pay Elon for the difference

2022 MYP buyers rejoice! For our equity has increased by $500 tonight!

2gh14xtk5iha1.jpg

your logic is not correct

Person A bought before price cuts and is upset and demanded Elon pays for the damage

Person B bought before price increases and now Person B needs to pay Elon for the difference
Yeah think that through a few times. This line of reasoning is used in response to people getting upset when they bought before massive price cuts, and the reasoning makes absolutely no sense. Someone coming along and buying before price hikes has no bearing on whether someone else should or shouldn’t be upset because their recent purchase was before price cuts.

If the idea is to argue that this should be how It works in reality, have at ‘er and see how it plays out. Refund everyone for those price drops, and up charge everyone for the price hikes.

Reactions: GoVols!
I was in your same position, I passed on 3 to wait for Y, then saw cybertruck and reserved in 2019. Then wanted a Y while waiting for CT, but wanted the castings, then wanted 4680s, now HW4.

I gave up the chase and I ordered on 1/15, my EDD is 2/17-3/17. Speculation out there is that HD radar was coming out mid January. Some supposed government filing details was postponed till 2-7-23. Everything is just speculation.

As someone here stated prior, the hardware you end up buying will be the worst version Tesla puts out from that point forward. The software however, is constantly upgraded over the air
Here is the filing for Europe S & X HW4 dated 20 January .... Tesla approved to sell Model S and Model X in Europe with Hardware 4 (HW4/AP4) and here [Wiki] Model S / Model X - Technische Veränderungen

I still ordered a MYLR anyway this month. I can always cancel if HW4 gets announced in the US for the MY..

Last edited: