Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not totally surprising, up until the last week of the quarter, discounts on inventory cars of $2-4k was pretty readily available.

Now with the FSD transfer promotion over, I wouldn't be surprised to see that they either need to reinstate that or drop prices further.

Price drop today on Model Y's and 3's

• Model Y RWD is still $43,990
• Model Y Long Range: $48,490 (from $50,490)
• Model Y Performance: $52,490 (from $54,490)
I don't want to excuse people of huffing glue, but I cannot think of any reason other than that which would make a person buy the RWD over the LR Model Y at these price differences :D. I did say I didn't think we'd see a Y at $40k, but possibly the RWD could see a price low like that, so maybe it turns out tesla starts inventorying the Y RWD at very aggressive prices.

Model 3 base price is now $38,990, too!

As per title. Tesla has lowered the MYLR and MYP to an all time low in the US. MY RWD still the lowest of course but that price had no changed unsurprisingly.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 8.06.22 PM.png

Reactions: Msicario and cdub
ordered my model Y LR May 2022, when price was at its peak. ($66K) :( ... wonder if there'd be any way for me to take advantage of these price cuts. (perhaps trade-in + re-order or maybe sell privately, idk) .... any advice would be welcomed.

@GenSao -- thanks very much for mainting that project.

It looks like after experimenting with prices, Tesla has settled on those prices (@EatsShoots above) and no discounts this morning. How long will it last? I admit I'm happy, got my LR for $3k less than now.

@pipestem No problem.

Interesting that they dropped the prices by $2k on the LR and P but removed inventory discounts. There was an inventory LR in CO for $46,490 yesterday, now it's $48,490. I'm sure it won't be long until they go back to offering inventory discounts.

@ColMan Probably to encourage orders vs. people shopping for inventory. I imagine inventory discounts may back & stronger near the end of the quarter.

Reactions: vickh
Switched to RWD!

Description Total in USD
Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive $43,990
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Subtotal $43,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Referral Bonus ($500)
Total $45,130-$7.5K credit= ~$37.6K I believe that is the cheapest a Y has ever been??

Reactions: pipestem
ordered my model Y LR May 2022, when price was at its peak. ($66K) :( ... wonder if there'd be any way for me to take advantage of these price cuts. (perhaps trade-in + re-order or maybe sell privately, idk) .... any advice would be welcomed.
Depends on whether your state allows for taxes on the difference. I thought about this too but we in California get to pay taxes on the entire purchase. If you qualify for the Federal tax credit, then maybe it might make sense. Lots of factors involved.

I don't want to excuse people of huffing glue, but I cannot think of any reason other than that which would make a person buy the RWD over the LR Model Y at these price differences :D. I did say I didn't think we'd see a Y at $40k, but possibly the RWD could see a price low like that, so maybe it turns out tesla starts inventorying the Y RWD at very aggressive prices.

I'll take a stab. I can charge the SR Y to 100% if it's LFP vs 80% on LR (conflicting info from rep today)
This guy did a better job with real world difference Model Y standard range battery LFP?

That being said if inventory discounts were on no options model LR Y I would be all over it. Most here had a lot of options/colors discounted.

Reactions: EatsShoots