Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely. After the federal tax credit, a Model 3 RWD is $28k now. They were $48k about this time last year. If a $20k net price cut, or 42%, isn't big enough for someone to buy, price isn't the reason they're not buying.

Correct, it's cheaper than most Civic trims. My 16y.o son wants that instead. Go figure.

Back to topic any indications from past year end "sales"? Inventory pricing has ticked up a bit on Ys :(

• Funny
Reactions: Hiline
Correct, it's cheaper than most Civic trims. My 16y.o son wants that instead. Go figure.

Back to topic any indications from past year end "sales"? Inventory pricing has ticked up a bit on Ys :(

Some people like loudness. Younger people especially ;)

I think this is it. Inventory disappearing is a sign that the current discounts are sufficient to clear the stockpile. The lowest prices are still available in Greater LA, FWIW.

Reactions: vickh
I stand corrected. Inventory discounts have dipped to 10% on select units. For example:

1703317760540.png

Some people like loudness. Younger people especially ;)

I think this is it. Inventory disappearing is a sign that the current discounts are sufficient to clear the stockpile. The lowest prices are still available in Greater LA, FWIW.

It's peer pressure. He also thinks our Prius is a girl's car ;)

I've been reading MY RWD might be losing it's full tax credit too? I thought it was just the M3 LFP??

• Funny
Reactions: Hiline
If Tesla switches to using a Chinese battery for the MY RWD, this will happen. It's anyone's guess what Tesla may do in the future.

That will be tricky if they switch mid-year, but I guess it's POS so the onus is on TSLA to check when they sell. Can we say MY RWD Jan. inventory is safe? Might push me to buy the LR with a $10K delta

That will be tricky if they switch mid-year, but I guess it's POS so the onus is on TSLA to check when they sell. Can we say MY RWD Jan. inventory is safe? Might push me to buy the LR with a $10K delta
in the same boat, basically waiting a few more days until can push delivery into 2024... was told by one store rep that would be able to then process POS but who knows. Don't want to lose hte inventory discount and then have to wait another 3 months till Tesla does this in March for Q1 2024.

in the same boat, basically waiting a few more days until can push delivery into 2024... was told by one store rep that would be able to then process POS but who knows. Don't want to lose hte inventory discount and then have to wait another 3 months till Tesla does this in March for Q1 2024.
i wonder if locking in 2023 pricing by ordering say 12/30 and taking delivery 2024 would work??

Any word if they'll be ready to handle the 2024 credit POS? I'm debating whether to hold off on delivery till next week.
Why though? If you take delivery this year you can file your 2023 taxes almost immediately.

Inventory deals gonna go away, at least temporarily, in January. They’re gonna do everything they can to make sure you don’t carry any deals across quarters.

Why though? If you take delivery this year you can file your 2023 taxes almost immediately.

Inventory deals gonna go away, at least temporarily, in January. They’re gonna do everything they can to make sure you don’t carry any deals across quarters.

Lots of reasons...

1. IMMEDIATELY get the $7,500.... you don't need to wait 3 or 4 months, especially if you make enough to claim full credit, odds are, you are still getting tax forms in middle of March. It would be April or May until you get your refund,
2. There is ZERO guarantee you will get the FULL $7500 the way the credit is. The $7500 fed goes after ALL OTHER credits. So if you have other credits such as Child Taxcare Credits, EV Solar credits etc, that may eat up the need for the $7,500.
3. The 2024 credit if transferred to dealer, you don't need to make X amount of income and it is in essence a fully transferable refundable credit, and NOT a NON-Refundable credit as it is now.

Isn't the price locked in if I place order on say 12/30 + then apply POS credit on 1/1? https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/my?arrangeby=plh&zip=85301&range=200

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and Hiline