Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we're on the topic of final payments...and perhaps a dumb question...anyone know if there is a limit on ACH transfer that the bank may impose? I'm certainly leaning towards a cashier's check (when that day comes for me LOL) but have always wondered if ACH transfer is capped at a max for a day for instance?

Hello You would need to log on to your tesla account inline, click manage on the vehicle youve ordered and find the MVPG which is the motor vehicle purchase agreement. Your bank would need this document to finalize your loan. They will need to appear on page 2 of the motor vehicle purchase agreement Section 5 credits and appear on line d which would list them as the finance company and also list the finance amount. For then to appear on the MVPG you will need to select financing in the tesla app and fill out their information for what you were approved for and when the vin is issued you will get the MVPG on your tesla account.
Hi I received the VIN on friday and My Model Y is scheduled for Feb 10 Delivery.I am waiting on my MVPA document any information on when will that get updated in the account.How many days will it take.

Reactions: mt247
Hi I received the VIN on friday and My Model Y is scheduled for Feb 10 Delivery.I am waiting on my MVPA document any information on when will that get updated in the account.How many days will it take.
Hello it should update rather quickly if you completed all the necessary steps in the app. The MVPG is machine generated using the info from the app so make sure your registration method is correct along with payment information.

Hello, all.

Just wanted to throw out my current EDD status for those in a similar situation:

OD: 1/16 at 6am EST
MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
EDD: Feb 19 - March 26

The EDD has not been updated since shortly after the order. I'm surprised the EDD has not tightened up. It seems as if there were just so many orders between 1/13 and 1/16 that it is taking nearly a week or more to process each days' worth of orders and to provide VINs. Seems somewhat scattershot for who is getting VINs now (I've seen recent 1/13, 1/14, and 1/15s). I've been trying to monitor things closely to have a handle on current wait (to the extent that is even possible...). Any 1/16s out there with updated EDDs with a range less than a month?

MYLR silver/black/no extras
OD: 1/29
EDD: 3/30-3/31

My initial EDD was Feb-March, but updated to this two-day window on 1/31. I’ve lurked this thread for a little while now, and I’ve never seen such a tight window so far out. It seems to me that Tesla is just crossing their fingers that they can get the vehicle to me before March ends since they know many April deliveries are likely to be canceled when the tax credit lessens or goes away.

Any thoughts?

It also makes me extremely nervous that the vehicles that are ready for delivery at the end of March are going to be very rushed with even more QC issues than normal.

Reactions: jose3030 and sdq_11
Hello, all.

Just wanted to throw out my current EDD status for those in a similar situation:

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow

The EDD has not been updated since shortly after the order. I'm surprised the EDD has not tightened up. It seems as if there were just so many orders between 1/13 and 1/16 that it is taking nearly a week or more to process each days' worth of orders and to provide VINs. Seems somewhat scattershot for who is getting VINs now (I've seen recent 1/13, 1/14, and 1/15s). I've been trying to monitor things closely to have a handle on current wait (to the extent that is even possible...). Any 1/16s out there with updated EDDs with a range less than a month?
NOVA
Ordered 1/19 @ 7pm
White/black/20”
Just made the refund before he hiked the price
Edd : 3/5-3/31

Reactions: PewPew
While we're on the topic of final payments...and perhaps a dumb question...anyone know if there is a limit on ACH transfer that the bank may impose? I'm certainly leaning towards a cashier's check (when that day comes for me LOL) but have always wondered if ACH transfer is capped at a max for a day for instance?
I would check with your bank. For mine, a “simple” bank check (requested online) had a limit, and I would need to call them and talk to a human to get a bank check for a larger amount.

When paying with plaid and the Tesla app, I don’t believe there is a limit; I didn’t have an issue when using it. For other electronic draft payment options and limits, I would ask your bank.

The tax credit almost certainly won't go away, but it might drop in half.

I'm strongly considering canceling my order and donating my $250 to Tesla - just too many variables right now for me to be comfortable with this purchase.
If your goal is to qualify for the EV tax credit and purchase before March, maybe keep an eye on existing inventory opportunities? They come and go by the minute so it takes some monitoring, but there are quick delivery options to be had if you are flexible with vehicle options. At least that way your $250 won’t goto waste if one comes up that you are interested in, versus waiting on a custom order that may not be done in time.

Reactions: zroger73
I doubt it. I bought my last house that way from our of state.

Reactions: MNONTHEROAD
Hello, all.

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow

Ordered on 1/14.. still haven’t received a VIN yet. EDD (2/6-3/6) hasn’t changed since it changed 2 weeks ago. Ordered a white/black, 19”

Same boat. Ordered on 1/14, blue with black interior, still no VIN and 2/6 - 3/6 EDD hasn't budged at all.
I just called Tesla of Devon (closest to me) and without a wait at all (!!!) actually got a very helpful rep. I asked if there was any additional information about the EDD that he was seeing on his end and he said at this point he sees about a halfway point (so week of 2/20) and since it takes about 2 weeks for them to get the vehicle, that I should be getting the VIN within the week. Fingers crossed! (Need it to finalize financing with Tower FCU)

Reactions: geekfam and bdhaduk
Ordered on 1/14.. still haven’t received a VIN yet. EDD (2/6-3/6) hasn’t changed since it changed 2 weeks ago. Ordered a white/black, 19”
Darn--seems like the white/black model is in high demand and may delay VIN and delivery. You have an early order but still a month range EDD. That is helpful for setting my expectations. Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: bdhaduk and DKS37