Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an FYI to all new buyers. I’ve done this many times and none of the times did I ever have to pay ahead of time before inspecting the car (inside or out). You should absolutely not give them any $$ until you get eyes on the vehicle and are satisfied enough to take delivery.

For example, it has minor panel gaps that you are ok with them fixing later.

Again, they have no legal position to demand any payment until you are ok with the car. They HAVE to let you see it first.

Picking mine up tomorrow from Springfield NJ. I will go to the bank and get a cashiers check. Are there instructions on what details? Who to make it out to, if the “RN” order number goes in the check memo?

Regarding any issues, can I ask them to be address before taking delivery? Hoping they let me inspect the interior before paying so I can give the steering wheel a jiggle to make sure it’s on good and tight 😁
Could you let me know how that goes? I'll be picking up from another location in NJ but curious what is the experience like in the Springfield NJ location.

I went with my friend a little while back to pick up his Tesla at the Paramus NJ location and things were definitely a bit hectic since there were a good amount of people picking up their cars there.

I just called Tesla of Devon (closest to me) and without a wait at all (!!!) actually got a very helpful rep. I asked if there was any additional information about the EDD that he was seeing on his end and he said at this point he sees about a halfway point (so week of 2/20) and since it takes about 2 weeks for them to get the vehicle, that I should be getting the VIN within the week. Fingers crossed! (Need it to finalize financing with Tower FCU)
What’s your rate with tower?

Thank you Should we specify the bank name from where we are getting the third party loan
Yes, also it would be a good idea to reach out to your loan officer and ask the exact complete name they wish to see on page 2 of the MVPG. For Instance, my local credit union goes by their acronym online but on the MVPG their entire babk name must be spelled out. Also, ask your loan agent for their exact instituion address as its most likely not their branch address. For instance, the google address of my credit union is not the address they use for the MVPG but instead a P.O box.

Posted this a couple days ago in another thread, but wanted to get in on action over here. EDD just got updated to Feb12 - Mar 12 so not worried about conflict with grandkid visit any more.

I couldn’t take driving ICE for my second car any more. Sheesh …… after having a MYLR5 since May 2021, the driving experience with our little Honda HR-V has been completely ruined. Used to think it was a nice little car, but now I’m fed up with:
  • Buying gas (not that it uses much …. Just the yucky gas station/pump experience)
  • Horrible performance (Continuously Variable Transmission + small engine = 0-60 in 10 seconds)
  • Vibration and noise
  • Steering the car myself
  • Dragging it in for regular maintenance and oil changes
  • Terrible navigation system with unintelligible display
  • Uncomfortable seats
  • Using the brake pedal
  • Remembering to turn off the engine before I get out
  • Buttons and knobs everywhere
  • Etc
So, now I’m in line with you folks for a M3RW black-on-black with Aero wheels. Have EAP on the Y, so no need. Heading out to visit grandkids over next week or so, so it will be annoying if they find me one real fast. I’ll have to decline that if they do. Hopefully looking at a several week wait.
"Steering the car myself... Using the brake pedal... Remembering to turn off the engine before I get out" OMG, the horror. ;-)