Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking mine up tomorrow from Springfield NJ. I will go to the bank and get a cashiers check. Are there instructions on what details? Who to make it out to, if the “RN” order number goes in the check memo?

Regarding any issues, can I ask them to be address before taking delivery? Hoping they let me inspect the interior before paying so I can give the steering wheel a jiggle to make sure it’s on good and tight 😁
Please let us how it goes when picking up. I will pick up at the same location. And I am also going to pay with cashier check after inspect the car.

Reactions: bdhaduk
Hey, so I was wondering about this too. I texted the 510 number about it and they responded
My text: "One question. The three cars we ordered. Do they all come with mud flaps and PPF at the back doors?"
Their Response: "Based on your delivery location we would anticipate the cars to come with winter package"
So is this for every state or just northern states? I live in NC where we hardly get snow, but we're also very poorly prepared for any snow so I would love to get this for free lol. I even bought aftermarket mudflaps on amazon.

Hey, so I was wondering about this too. I texted the 510 number about it and they responded
My text: "One question. The three cars we ordered. Do they all come with mud flaps and PPF at the back doors?"
Their Response: "Based on your delivery location we would anticipate the cars to come with winter package"
Thanks for this. Contradicts the response I got for MA delivery, so it looks like they don't know for sure. I guess we'll find out at the delivery.

Reactions: KangThe
So is this for every state or just northern states? I live in NC where we hardly get snow, but we're also very poorly prepared for any snow so I would love to get this for free lol. I even bought aftermarket mudflaps on amazon.
No idea. I just texted them. You should ask them. But idk how true it is because they said no to someone else.

Thanks for this. Contradicts the response I got for MA delivery, so it looks like they don't know for sure. I guess we'll find out at the delivery.
Lol yeah! Picking up one on the 7th so I will let you know in a week.

Reactions: MeanDOG
I believe PPF and mudflaps are installed by delivery center. I have a white/white/tow scheduled for delivery on 2/13 in Dedham. Not sure if it will have them installed, however prior to this a had a white/black/tow from Austin delivered at Peabody on 1/18 which I rejected (front passenger door mis-aligned and rear hatch not aligned correctly). This one that I rejected at Peabody had ppf and mud flaps.

Reactions: KangThe and MeanDOG
I believe PPF and mudflaps are installed by delivery center. I have a white/white/tow scheduled for delivery on 2/13 in Dedham. Not sure if it will have them installed, however prior to this a had a white/black/tow from Austin delivered at Peabody on 1/18 which I rejected (front passenger door mis-aligned and rear hatch not aligned correctly). This one that I rejected at Peabody had ppf and mud flaps.
Good to know, thx! Hope you have better luck the 2nd time. I'm sure that by now your reject found another home. It's funny as I have the same config (white/black/tow), and I ordered mine on 1/18. My current EDD is 3/7 - 3/31.

Reactions: Andrometer4
Hey Folks, as mentioned before I was part of the Jan 13 group orders and my vin was from austin and built jan 21. It just arrived to Irvine CA today and I have now taken delivery. Only defect was the bumper pressed to tight against the front body causing the metals to rub and a slight lift up on the paint like so minor but service center said a brand new front bumper will be scheduled. Other than that really well built. Austin Vin PA060xxx

Hey Folks, as mentioned before I was part of the Jan 13 group orders and my vin was from austin and built jan 21. It just arrived to Irvine CA today and I have now taken delivery. Only defect was the bumper pressed to tight against the front body causing the metals to rub and a slight lift up on the paint like so minor but service center said a brand new front bumper will be scheduled. Other than that really well built. Austin Vin PA060xxx
Congrats! Good to hear about the overall build. My red/black 1/25 build PA0639 also arrived today and I’ve scheduled delivery this Sunday.

Yes, also it would be a good idea to reach out to your loan officer and ask the exact complete name they wish to see on page 2 of the MVPG. For Instance, my local credit union goes by their acronym online but on the MVPG their entire babk name must be spelled out. Also, ask your loan agent for their exact instituion address as its most likely not their branch address. For instance, the google address of my credit union is not the address they use for the MVPG but instead a P.O box.
Hi The issue got resolved there were some issues with the trade in car so i uploaded the pics again and everything went well.Excited for the delivery on Feb 1..Thank you for all ur info.....

Reactions: NIGHTHAWK98
Could you let me know how that goes? I'll be picking up from another location in NJ but curious what is the experience like in the Springfield NJ location.

I went with my friend a little while back to pick up his Tesla at the Paramus NJ location and things were definitely a bit hectic since there were a good amount of people picking up their cars there.
Yeah, will definitely give a full report here :) I spoke to a colleague from work who picked up in Springfield back around July, who said they didn't unlock the car until he went inside and paid, but it didn't sound like he really pressed for it either. I guess the question is, if I ask, and they say absolutely not, do I walk? Probably not, but the thought of that response is certainly annoying, isn't it? I've heard people on here say both things - that you shouldn't take delivery until you fully inspect and are satisfied, and that they don't have to unlock it.

Yeah, will definitely give a full report here :) I spoke to a colleague from work who picked up in Springfield back around July, who said they didn't unlock the car until he went inside and paid, but it didn't sound like he really pressed for it either. I guess the question is, if I ask, and they say absolutely not, do I walk? Probably not, but the thought of that response is certainly annoying, isn't it? I've heard people on here say both things - that you shouldn't take delivery until you fully inspect and are satisfied, and that they don't have to unlock it.
I will eventually pick up from Springfield. Hopefully different experience as that’s kind of silly and petty. Usual Dealer practice is a) go over the car and instructions. b) then Pay and sign docs. c) then get lectured on insurance and warranty (like a time share).

How was your experience with taking delivery? Any thing wrong with the car?
Overall Panels look good? There was some scuff marks on the trunk paint scrapped off edges.
I'm not to picky, delivery guy said they could fix it. Overall pretty happy with the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0299[1].jpg
    IMG_0299[1].jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0300[1].jpg
    IMG_0300[1].jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0301[1].jpg
    IMG_0301[1].jpg
    57 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0304[1].jpg
    IMG_0304[1].jpg