Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hang in there everyone - I have posted on some other threads so I won’t repeat them, but I took delivery TONIGHT.

3 miles on the odometer, with not a scratch or gap to be found.

CE698A99-6094-41FE-8661-9A724DBAA5CB.jpeg

I did notice a slight pull to the left during my ride home (highway 80mph) - submitted a ticket and text advisor. We will see how it goes. Assuming alignment or balance.

Other than that it’s flawless.

Hang in there everyone - I have posted on some other threads so I won’t repeat them, but I took delivery TONIGHT.

I did notice a slight pull to the left during my ride home (highway 80mph) - submitted a ticket and text advisor. We will see how it goes. Assuming alignment or balance.

That’s awesome!! Congratulations 😃

Congrats!

Reactions: DKS37 and bdhaduk
At the Paramus NJ location, my friend and I were able to inspect the exterior/interior of his car before he accepted delivery and paid/signed. When it came time for him to officially accept delivery, they pulled the car up to the front (the parking lot is gigantic). He did notice 1-2 minor panel gaps so had to talk to the Tesla people there (us inspecting the car and then talking to Tesla reps were the 2 things that took the longest).

I saw people there just walk in, talk to the Tesla rep to pay/accept their Tesla delivery, and then drive off so their delivery experiences were probably like 5 mins or less which greatly differs than the people who spend a long time making sure there are no issues.

Edit: Btw, when did Tesla reach out to you for scheduling a date for picking up the car (few days before EDD?)? My EDD is next week but I haven't gotten anything yet.
I only got a text to schedule on 1/21, and was able to choose 1/31, 2/1 or 2/2. Selected 2/1, but I had to move it to 2/2. Just texted the SA and switched it right away.
OD 1/14
Vin 1/15
Born on 1/16.
Guess I caught the tail end of an MSM run LOL. Hoping it's a true "wednesday car"!

Congrats! I also ordered on 1/15 in NorCal. Hopefully it will be soon. Revised EDD is 2/1 - 2/15. Still waiting on VIN.
OD: 1/15
White/Black/19/tow/5
VIN assigned on 2/1 - Fremont
EDD 1 (1/15): Jan - Feb
EDD 2: 1/29 - 2/12
EDD 3 (1/30): 2/1 - 2/15
EDD 4 (2/1): 2/2 - 2/10

VIN assigned on 2/1. Fremont build per VIN. New EDD as well, 2/2 - 2/10.

Last edited:
I only got a text to schedule on 1/21, and was able to choose 1/31, 2/1 or 2/2. Selected 2/1, but I had to move it to 2/2. Just texted the SA and switched it right away.
OD 1/14
Vin 1/15
Born on 1/16.
Guess I caught the tail end of an MSM run LOL. Hoping it's a true "wednesday car"!
Hmm...I think if I don't get anything about scheduling delivery by the end of this week, my EDD will probably be delayed.

Take it to a line-up shop. It’s common for these cars to be delivered with a “close enough” alignment. We had our 2022 Y done, and it made a significant difference.

Reactions: SO16
This is a long story but I will try to keep it as succinct as possible.
TL;DR I ordered from in-stock local inventory 1/14, Tesla delivery center damaged the car, then tried to avoid telling me it had been damaged. I refused the repaired car and am now waiting on another VIN.

OD 1/14.
MYLR, White/White, 19", Tow Hitch.
In stock locally, VIN assigned same day.
EDD: 1/15-1/22
1/19, updated EDD 1/18-1/27 (Yes, it updated to estimating delivery one day in the past).
After calling Tesla, delivery scheduled for 1/21 at a different location (1 hour further away from original delivery location).
Update on 1/20 (24 hrs before scheduled delivery): Tesla calls, says logistics hold delayed delivery appt to 1/29, no explanation for hold.
Went to showroom to talk to sales rep, he says could be waiting for an accessory like the cargo cover, he will get more information and contact me.
1/21, I send a text to Tesla's number following up for more information, no response.
1/24, I send another friendly follow-up text, no response.
1/26, Rep calls to tell me that the reason for the delay was that the rear hatch may have been scratched, they are replacing the hatch with a new one, the 8-day delay was to wait for the new hatch to arrive, it will be mounted at the delivery center.
1/28, Text message from delivery center, delivery delayed an additional 8 days to 2/6, no further details provided.
Visit local showroom again, a different sales rep advises to text the number back requesting details and pictures of the damage, text message is unanswered.
1/29, I drive 1 hour 15 minutes away to the delivery location, talk to a service rep. Service rep reveals that the hatch was not scratched, it was dented. The new hatch hasn't arrived yet and might need to be sent to an external body shop of Tesla's choosing to be painted before its shipped back to the service center to be installed. I tell him it is time for me to move on to a new VIN, that I don't have confidence in the work of any body shop on a brand new car.
A sales rep helps me to place the order on hold. My existing VIN is assigned to another customer within 2 hours (one who will certainly never be told that their car has been in an accident already). I go back to my local showroom, my original sales rep takes my order off of hold, new EDD Jan. 28th-Feb. 4th (again, estimating 1 day in the past).
1/31 I text the Tesla number asking for a revised delivery estimate, no response in the text thread, but the app updates EDD to 2/2-2/16.

Take it to a line-up shop. It’s common for these cars to be delivered with a “close enough” alignment. We had our 2022 Y done, and it made a significant difference.
Noticed tire pressure wasn’t exactly at spec so stopped to put air in tires. Interesting enough they all said 42 on the gauge but when I started to drive the left side dropped to 31 after a few miles.

Reactions: WyoDude