Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For mechanical issues, you have the entire warranty period of the car. I'm talking about cosmetic issues like a stained headliner, a scratched door panel, a paint defect, those need to be noted within 100 miles per Tesla's policy, otherwise it isn't clear if the issue is from your use of the car, or if it was there when you picked it up. After the 100 mile/72 hour grace period is up, it will likely then depend on the people you're working with on the issue, I'm sure some are more accommodating than others.
I can understand the mileage limitation on reporting cosmetic issues. After all, how could they be sure that the damage was not caused after delivery? I wasn't aware of this important factor. Thank you for sharing.

Once...if you reject a second car you lose $250, order is cancelled and if you want to reorder you are back of the line. Therefore be careful how picky you are with that first rejection. If the issues can be fixed fairly easily by service I wouldn't reject and bet on a better one the next time.
When I went into take the delivery I found that washer fluid is not aligned inside the hood, the hood is misaligned and protruding on one side and some condensation on the back lights. SA took it inside the service and came back in 30 mts, the rest of the issue are resolved but the trunk misaligned near the wind shield is not addressed fully. They insisted it is within the spec and can't be fixed. They refuse to get it fixed if I take delivery. That's a No to me and I said I am willing to wait for next vin assignment. The SA and other technician giving contradictory statements about when I get assign with a new VIN. One said it will be couple.of weeks and other said it will be in March. I walked away, my order got placed in final hold by the time I reached home, I remove the hold that night, hoping for a better car next time.

I can understand the mileage limitation on reporting cosmetic issues. After all, how could they be sure that the damage was not caused after delivery? I wasn't aware of this important factor. Thank you for sharing.
I dont like this policy either, my pickup location is over 100 miles away, so kind of sucks imo. I have to be one of those guys who sits there at pick up and go over every damn detail

Update
MYLR MSM/White interior/20" induction
OD: 1/25/2023 7PM EST
original EDD: jan-March
Updated 1/30: Mar 21 - Mar 31
Updated 2/5: Mar 15- Mar 31
The needle moved to the left. Trying not to get my hopes up here since i read that EDD bounce all over the place until close to receiving the VIN...Fingers crossed.

Greater Atlanta, GA

OD 1/16 white/black induction. Changed to MYP yesterday.
EDD unchanged 2/10-3/10
Modified order agreement reflects MYP with an order date of 1/16/23. I’m assuming I have 1/16 priority despite changing order yesterday but will keep you guys posted of any Edd changes to use as data point.

I’m found out the tires were staggered after the order. I really do not want staggered setup due to inability to rotate tires and 2k cost to replace tires everytime. Wish I can just get 20 induction on Performance.
Some people like the look of 21 Uberturbines

With some luck, you'll be able to swap with someone who has 20 inch wheels.

Post in forums, FB, eBay

Reactions: bridge-player
Anyone figure out if there is a way to see if our cars have the radar added back?

Thee were a few article stating tesla was aiming to have it put back into the model Ys mid-jan, but never owning a Tesla before, I don't know how to check lol
Good question. I saw the news too. Just sent a message to the SA asking the question. Everyone can ask their SA directly, so we at least get some official responses.

I was told on 2/1 at one of the test drive/ repair / delivery places that a basic config White w/ 19's and black interior would be delivered the fastest. Is that true who the heck knows. I have a long range ordered, if I was guaranteed a Performance in March I would switch. I also put down I am paying cash as I was told that get's faster delivery. I really don't want to pay cash but I can if need be. I did this with my Lexus paid cash and got a unsecured loan for way less % as me and wife both have 800+ fico 9 and solid financials.

I actually think the full $7500 will run until end of April or May if not longer. I have no information on this, just my opinion. The IRS and gov are always slow, they raised the price cap so Ford and GM could sell more cars. The IRS and Feds know that Ford and GM won't be able to deliver vehicles by end of march. The Biden admin claims to be green and want's electric cars, it's a bad look on them if they reduce peoples ability to buy them by reducing the tax credit. Hopefully the IRS is slammed w/ tax returns and announces they haven't come to a conclusion and will have further guidance in April or May.
I was at Fremont dealership yesterday and the cars lined up for delivery were mostly white+black 19 Gemini

I have the same on order 1/15, but no VIN yet.

I wanted MYP but wasn't willing to take a chance with delivery happening in March

SA at the dealership said there's no way she can confirm if MYP will come within Feb, but she said 1/15 OD MYLR will most likely be delivered before Feb end

OD 1/16 white/black induction. Changed to MYP yesterday.
EDD unchanged 2/10-3/10
Modified order agreement reflects MYP with an order date of 1/16/23. I’m assuming I have 1/16 priority despite changing order yesterday but will keep you guys posted of any Edd changes to use as data point.

I’m found out the tires were staggered after the order. I really do not want staggered setup due to inability to rotate tires and 2k cost to replace tires everytime. Wish I can just get 20 induction on Performance.
My fellow sneakerhead, perhaps we can trade fronts for rears and both have square setups lol. I see folks in “parts for sale” have done this

I was at Fremont dealership yesterday and the cars lined up for delivery were mostly white+black 19 Gemini

I have the same on order 1/15, but no VIN yet.

I wanted MYP but wasn't willing to take a chance with delivery happening in March

SA at the dealership said there's no way she can confirm if MYP will come within Feb, but she said 1/15 OD MYLR will most likely be delivered before Feb end
Awesome. I was wondering the same thing. All this talks of priority given to performance. I this is just people assuming no real basis to that theory. But I’ll keep it the same for now. My edd is 2/5 to 3/5.

Reactions: YisPatHere
Anyone figure out if there is a way to see if our cars have the radar added back?

Thee were a few article stating tesla was aiming to have it put back into the model Ys mid-jan, but never owning a Tesla before, I don't know how to check lol
Not likely.
I did read that HD radar and 5MP cameras are part of HardWare 4.0, but in latest Tesla earnings call, Musk said it'll come around the time of CyberTruck production start (perhaps end 2023)

He also said older cars won't get the retrofit.

As per him, HW 4 might be 500-600% better than human drivers but even the current HW 3 is maybe 300% better than humans.

So they aren't going to retrofit the Radars

Reactions: tm3lrawd
OD: 1/14/2023 9:30pm Southern CA
MYLR W/W/19" w/ EAP
Finished tasks 1/15/2023 in the morning.
EDD RANGE: Feb 15 - March 22
No VIN yet..

I'm thinking now that I have should have waited for the EAP to try it vs the standard AP. Anyone have experience with the EAP? Worth it?
I went to bed last night with a Feb 10 - March 10 EDD.

This morning it has been pushed to Feb 28 - March 31...

Awesome. I was wondering the same thing. All this talks of priority given to performance. I this is just people assuming no real basis to that theory. But I’ll keep it the same for now. My edd is 2/5 to 3/5.
For 3 other ppl EDD pushed forward after changing to MYP but it didn't change for me yet though. Will post here if it does.

Reactions: GenYer and KangThe
Seems like a good amount of people are getting their VIN's today.

To the people that have concerns if their VIN was a reject, you can text your SA asking the following:
  1. Does it come with Matrix Headlights?
  2. Build date
  3. Does it come with other accessories, ie mud flaps and Rear door PPF
I was able to confirm that my MY has Matrix and was it was produced last night.