Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can get the complete car covered with PPF for $2k. The front is usually $600-700. If someone is asking you $2k for just the front PPF, you are being ripped off.
You can’t get xpel full PPF wrap for $2k in the SF Bay Area. I’ve been quoted, for Xpel / stek , front only $2k and full car between $4k - $8k. It’s crazy here in SF. You might be able to get it cheaper for cheaper material.

Reactions: YisPatHere
Finally got vin this morning.
OD: 1/14 pm
MYLR W/B/19
Old EDD 2/5-3/5
New EDD 2/15-2/24
VIN: PF672xxx
Got anxious this morning so I texted the 510 number about the update and seconds later the app updated from 2/5-3/5 to 2/9-2/23. Then one hour later got a text about vin assigned. Looks like coming from Fremont. Other than higher chance of Matrix headlight, any other differences from Austin build?
What is the 510 phone number? I never got a text from them.

I've had a Feb 5 - Feb 19 two week window since Monday, and still not VIN. EDD window starts today, and people on the phone just say watch the app. No one responds to my texts either. Very frustrating. Figure I would have a VIN before I got into this window. Order on 1/14/23.
Did you order at a Tesla showroom locally? If so, I've found I always get a lot more information when I show up and chat with the sales associate face to face. I last visited him on Friday because I was considering changing my order to a different color that was in stock locally after the IRS $55k cap was lifted. He was able to look in his system and see that my car was scheduled to come out of production in Fremont on Tuesday Feb 7th, so he estimated I would get a VIN assigned Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Knowing that it was right around the corner, I decided to stick with what I ordered originally.

I've never gotten an answer to even the most basic inquiries through the text message route. It's funny because Tesla uses texting to try to make you feel like the sales person is your friend, but it has the opposite effect since they always ghost you.

you can get the complete car covered with PPF for $2k. The front is usually $600-700. If someone is asking you $2k for just the front PPF, you are being ripped off.
I’m having a hard time finding that where I am. In Mass. most are well over 4K. Lowest I found for only ceramic coating was $1,500.

Thinking of doing ceramic myself. Been watching videos on it for the last 3 years.

Reactions: Garlock
You can’t get xpel full PPF wrap for $2k in the SF Bay Area. I’ve been quoted, for Xpel / stek , front only $2k and full car between $4k - $8k. It’s crazy here in SF. You might be able to get it cheaper for cheaper material.
Indeed, I saw a few posts on the price as high as such, which makes me wonder. How much does it take to get a whole new paint every few year, $3k-4k? If so, isn't a new paint better than a wrap? We can change to different colors too. I guess I have missed something.

Reactions: who177e
Did you order at a Tesla showroom locally? If so, I've found I always get a lot more information when I show up and chat with the sales associate face to face. I last visited him on Friday because I was considering changing my order to a different color that was in stock locally after the IRS $55k cap was lifted. He was able to look in his system and see that my car was scheduled to come out of production in Fremont on Tuesday Feb 7th, so he estimated I would get a VIN assigned Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Knowing that it was right around the corner, I decided to stick with what I ordered originally.

I've never gotten an answer to even the most basic inquiries through the text message route. It's funny because Tesla uses texting to try to make you feel like the sales person is your friend, but it has the opposite effect since they always ghost you.
I will say, I had the opposite experience.

I got help from texting on re-activating the edit design option along with question on when to do (redo) the trade-in & financing steps (EDD was too far out before things expired).

Where as when I had enough time to go to a service center for a question I had about the seat height. Namely, I wanted to know if I could get the numbers to compare with my HR-V as this will affect how easy it is for my parents to get in and out when I transport them. The SA there kept going back ”try it for yourself.” I would freaking love too, if I had time to go get them.

I guess I could give them credit for saying it was 7” off the floor… though I have no idea how high it is above the 6.6” ground clearance of the underside. Is it the thickness of battery pack?

I was hoping they could look it up and also hoping such a stat (seat height from ground) existed.

I am just curious to see if the speculation about the Radar in last December is true or not. Some people are now saying that the radar may come back in late this year with Cybertruck. Anyway, it isn't a deal breaker for me.
Cybertruck is supposed to be produced this Spring/Summer in small quantities and revved up in late 2023. That is...if they don't delay it again lol

Reactions: chobra
MYLR White/black interior/19inch

OD : 1/18

FIRST EDD : 2/14 - 3/21

2ND EDD : 2/22 - 3/22

Can my wife receive the delivery, If I am in travel around delivery day?
if you are both registered for the car and the loan then you both have to be there
Like others have said, there's a good chance you'll be able to get service beyond that window, but for me, if there's no guarantee, I'm going to treat it as a guaranteed "no". I think of the inspection as an opportunity to get familiar with my new car, I don't think it has to be painful, I'm going to relax and take my time with it.
Oh I will, Ill take my time and look over anything and everything. I wont be cringe anal looking for perfection but I'll annotate what I find at pick up

In what state are you getting full PPF for $2k? Places I've called/most forums say between $4500-$6500 for full PPF (Xpel and 3M).

I’m having a hard time finding that where I am. In Mass. most are well over 4K. Lowest I found for only ceramic coating was $1,500.

Thinking of doing ceramic myself. Been watching videos on it for the last 3 years.
wth that's insane! I'll call around my area (Destin, FL ) tomorrow and see what they are charging. If that's the case ill do that *sugar* myself!

Got VIN on 1/27 with EDD of 2/8 - 2/14.
Just got updated EDD of 2/16-2/23 :(
Got info on Friday that expected arrival at SC was 2/4.
Any ideas on why this is taking so long? I have texted with SA with no response yet. Going to try calling I guess....