Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(By the way, not all inventory from all states can be registered in other states - there are some restrictions as Tesla sells directly to the customers and states have different contract with Tesla making it difficult for customers to by out-of-state vehicles).
This is an important consideration since its somewhat unique to Tesla. There are vehicles in states where they can only be registered in that state, and some where they can be registered in a few other states and yet others where you have to pay more in taxes. Its complicated to say the least. Here in New Mexico you can only buy from Tesla service centers located on Native American land where vehicles are trucked form Colorado. Of all neighboring states, CO is the only one that allows vehicle sales to NM

Reactions: greenearth2129
Throwing more money on the hood didn't work for me. Here's this morning's update. I need to delete the app so I won't be tempted to check the EDD every day since it is nothing but a tease and exercise in frustration. I should probably thank Tesla for trying to save me $60,000 even though I might have paid them $250 for that savings. ;)

View attachment 915251
There is no rhyme or reason to their EDD's that I can see. I have read every page of the 435 here to date and the only consistency is inconsistency. 3/2 my EDD updated from 3/16-3/31 to 3/10-3/31. I thought it was a glimmer of hope until yesterday morning they crushed me with another EDD, this time 4/16-5/21. WTF? 5 days after shortening it? Only to wake up today, less than 24 hours later to a VIN assigned and EDD 3/12-3/21. With $1000 worth of wall charger and materials/setup cost, and close to $2K accessories sitting in my shop, it was great to get the VIN... but only after spending most of the day yesterday shopping for a Toyota Highlander and coming inches from signing for that. It's like we're all ants on an anthill and some mean assed 3rd grader on a playground has a big magnifying glass and taking pleasure in torturing the whole ant hill. You can't tell me with computer ordering they can't do a better job than predicting an EDD 2.5 months out the very day my car came off the line?

So folks, the moral of the story is Roger may have the best idea... delete your damned Tesla app and wait for an email. Easier on your stress level and blood pressure and nothing they tell you means a damned thing until you get a VIN.

IMG_1922.jpg

There is no rhyme or reason to their EDD's that I can see. I have read every page of the 435 here to date and the only consistency is inconsistency. 3/2 my EDD updated from 3/16-3/31 to 3/10-3/31. I thought it was a glimmer of hope until yesterday morning they crushed me with another EDD, this time 4/16-5/21. WTF? 5 days after shortening it? Only to wake up today, less than 24 hours later to a VIN assigned and EDD 3/12-3/21. With $1000 worth of wall charger and materials/setup cost, and close to $2K accessories sitting in my shop, it was great to get the VIN... but only after spending most of the day yesterday shopping for a Toyota Highlander and coming inches from signing for that. It's like we're all ants on an anthill and some mean assed 3rd grader on a playground has a big magnifying glass and taking pleasure in torturing the whole ant hill. You can't tell me with computer ordering they can't do a better job than predicting an EDD 2.5 months out the very day my car came off the line?

So folks, the moral of the story is Roger may have the best idea... delete your damned Tesla app and wait for an email. Easier on your stress level and blood pressure and nothing they tell you means a damned thing until you get a VIN.

View attachment 915266
Perhaps they were testing you, lol. Congrats on the VIN!

View attachment 915266
I remember reading your earlier posts.......glad you got your VIN now before you went down the other path... :)

Well yeah, I'm butthurt lol....The last delivery time was close to my birthday. I honestly believe it would be better for Tesla to issue some kind of a disclaimer or a much much more realistic way of projecting these deliveries. If they had simply said " We should have a VIN in the next 4-5 months. It could be longer" There would have been no misconceptions. I'm a new customer, so I'm still trying to differentiate between Tesla BS and reality here. If you give me an estimate, which has been changed 3 times BTW, then I'm beginning to loose confidence in your system. There is only it seems maybe a .00000000000001 difference between EDD and a SWAG ( scientific wild assed guess ).

Are we seeing some of the same tactics other car dealers use? They get you in the door with a carrot, in this case a delivery date, but it's only an estimate sonny boy. Yeah we thought you all knew it was BS. Is this the expectation we have from corporate? Apparently it is. My expectaion is now not to have one.

Not sure what the IRS is going to do. I'm still sitting on my order and I'm one of those people who will go to a restraunt, put my name in, wait an hour, inquire and be told they accidentally overlooked me, actually happened.

I don't care what options someone else added, I was given a reasonable expectation of delivery and it has failed on three occasions. Prioritization should have more to do with the customer than with the order.....and Elon knows in the next 2 to three years he will have more serious competition, so he is trying to get us all Teslized before then. I have money down on an Equinox too and am well aware there will be competition even if fanboys try to minimize it by saying noone else will ever keep up. If we stop buying your cars they will.
I think you are wise in this.. Also because Tesla really doesn't have competition the customer facing part of the business seems to be greatly lacking. Maybe that will always be the case what with the emphasis being on engineering and efficiencies. I hope there will be strong competition to Tesla in the coming years but am not seeing it other than government supported businesses like BYD. Maybe Hyundai/Kia..

Not sure if this is new information. The notification has always been expected by the end of the month and I don't know where he's getting the transition period. Great if it's there but I'm expecting for it to take affect instantly after its announced.
He is usually spot on - hence shared. As for the IRS time line, it could be "anytime" this month as @zroger73 had shared in one of the IRS documents (not the website). I'm not certain about the 30 to 60 days cool off period either. That's really unsubstantiated. Then again this guy has had a good history of predictions... hope it's ture.

View attachment 915266
Nice... happy for you.. Was this before or after you attempted to cancel?... btw... remember I told you the other day that Fl, Tucson guys who ordered after me were getting their VINs. You're now a living example of no consistency in their EDDs. As a good friend of mine @ghostrider78 told me once, "If we knew the arithmetic/logic behind the production ordering, sequencing and delivery of Teslas, we could open up a consulting firm and make money out of it" ;)

View attachment 915266
Who knows Elon lurks here and didn't want to lose a sale haha.

Always great to see a 19'' order get a VIN assigned.

Hope you will enjoy the drive across the country in the new car. Congrats!!

View attachment 915266
Lol

View attachment 915266
Congratulations!!!!

Reactions: Mainuh

View attachment 915266
Moral of the st

View attachment 915266
Moral of the story is E means Estimated, not promised, as I tried to explain to you, and for which you called me a troll.

Happy that you didn't go down that rabbit hole of shopping for an.ICE car.

Your point on ants on an anthill and the 3rd grader might be true.
Tesla must be reading forums like this and take necessary action when someone threatened to cancel.
Hmm, should I try this myself?

You should be glad that you were busy shopping yesterday and did not have time to cancel.
And then something good happened…

Your point on ants on an anthill and the 3rd grader might be true.
Tesla must be reading forums like this and take necessary action when someone threatened to cancel.
Hmm, should I try this myself?

You should be glad that you were busy shopping yesterday and did not have time to cancel.
And then something good happened…
Yes, let’s all go shop for the Toyota Highlander today. Lol