Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post.
Order placed on 1/18.
Blue long range, black interior, no additional options. Definitely going for the tax credit because we qualify. We really wanted the performance version but no tax relief on it.
Edd has been sitting at 3/17-3/31 since day I placed order. I’m located in Dallas Texas. Twiddling my thumbs.

MYLR, white/black interior, standard wheels, no tow, no software upgrades
Declined trade in, Tesla financing
CO, USA

Order date 1/13 PM, listed 1/14 on order form
Initial EDD Jan-Mar
Updated to 1/28-2/25 on 1/15
Radio silence since then, VIN TBD

Can you share the reference of the 3750?
there is no reference. its presumption.
Feds will announce more details in March.

How Do You Get the Full $7,500 Tax Credit for an EV?​

As of January 1, 2023, you may still be eligible to get the full $7,500 tax credit, as you were before. Initially, the IRS and the Treasury Department had proposed an additional set of rules requiring critical mineral mining and battery component manufacturing in specific countries outside the US.

To get the first half ($3,750) of the full tax credit, a percentage of the vehicle's battery materials, like lithium and nickel, needed to be processed or extracted either in the US or in a country with which the US has a free trade agreement. In 2023, that percentage of battery materials was to increase to 40%. It would have gone up to 80% in 2027.

To qualify for the other half (an additional $3,750) of the credit, the vehicle purchased would have been required to have the majority of its battery components made in the US, Canada, or Mexico. In 2023, the percentage was set at 50%, increasing to 100% by 2029. The credit was scheduled to sunset on December 31, 2032.

I thought the charge port only opens with the tesla charger or if you open the door via car app or inside the car.
Oh I don’t know if it opens automatically with a Tesla charger.
I always open it from the main screen.

At a supercharger, you have to open it with the touchscreen or app. It doesn’t open automatically when sending the charger. Unless I’m doing something wrong 😂

MYLR, white/black interior, standard wheels, no tow, no software upgrades
Declined trade in, Tesla financing
CO, USA

Order date 1/13 PM, listed 1/14 on order form
Initial EDD Jan-Mar
Updated to 1/28-2/25 on 1/15
Radio silence since then, VIN TBD
Does Tesla finance honor their approval even if the car gets delayed? I’m also thinking about Tesla finance but haven’t gotten a VIN and my EDD is 2/8-3/15

First post.
Order placed on 1/18.
Blue long range, black interior, no additional options. Definitely going for the tax credit because we qualify. We really wanted the performance version but no tax relief on it.
Edd has been sitting at 3/17-3/31 since day I placed order. I’m located in Dallas Texas. Twiddling my thumbs.
Welcome to TMC 😊

Oh I don’t know if it opens automatically with a Tesla charger.
I always open it from the main screen.

At a supercharger, you have to open it with the touchscreen or app. It doesn’t open automatically when sending the charger. Unless I’m doing something wrong 😂
There is a button on the charger handle on both the SC and the home chargers that will open the charge port if the handle is in close proximity. You can also just tap on the charge port door with your finger and it will open (car needs to be unlocked).

was taking to my accountant friend and he said to add $7500 in your w-4 calculation and update your withholding, that way you get 7500/24 or 312 extra in your paycheck! Put that in a high rate savings to get 4.15% interest to offset paying the loan on the car for a year and refinance when rates are lower! At least you will be even for 1 year. Thought to pass this to my Tesla consumer family :)

If tax credit cut in half for people have a delivery on March. Will you still go through with the purchase? I’m debating this for the past couple of days.
Probably not - the price drop and $7,500 was what finally encouraged me to click the "place order" button for my first EV. This is already a poor financial decision and another $3,750 increase to the bottom line just pours salt on the wound. I can afford it with or without the credit - I just don't need it. If it doesn't work out, then I'll keep driving my ICE vehicles and don't anticipate being in the market for an EV again for a few years, at least.

Reactions: Niroc
First post.
Order placed on 1/18.

ordered the same day.
black long range and black 5 seater interior.
have same delivery date range for houston, tx.

I placed my order for standard MYLR White/Black with Tow on 1/16 but my EDD still says January-March. Any idea why and if I should reach out to someone?
I had to add my wife as 2nd owner last week, wonder if that changed anything?

Probably not - the price drop and $7,500 was what finally encouraged me to click the "place order" button for my first EV. This is already a poor financial decision and another $3,750 increase to the bottom line just pours salt on the wound. I can afford it with or without the credit - I just don't need it. If it doesn't work out, then I'll keep driving my ICE vehicles and don't anticipate being in the market for an EV again for a few years, at least.
I’m on the same boat but thought the price came down enough to justify this purchase. Don’t need it but thought will be good for my 1st ev. Tesla actually opened up a new segment with this price reduction. People don’t usually go for EV are consider buying. I can see mass adoption from gas to ev soon. It’s getting there but Tesla is accelerating this.

Reactions: Niroc
Update: I've been growing increasingly nervous that my order got shuffled and I may end up black seats from Austin. To the point of magnifying video footage of the latest Austin flyovers - NOT A SINGLE WHITE INTERIOR - I was panicked. :)

So I recahced out to Joe Tegtmeyer who is known for his Austin flyover videos on Youtube just to ask if he happened to notice Austin producing white interiors lately. Honestly I never anticipated a response.

He was kind enough to reply...
"I've seen a few...I'll try to see if any white interiors are present on my next flight.

Today he send me a DM on twitter with a photo of about 10 MY's - ONE WHITE INTERIOR! This Tesla Community is absolutely amazing.

was taking to my accountant friend and he said to add $7500 in your w-4 calculation and update your withholding, that way you get 7500/24 or 312 extra in your paycheck! Put that in a high rate savings to get 4.15% interest to offset paying the loan on the car for a year and refinance when rates are lower! At least you will be even for 1 year. Thought to pass this to my Tesla consumer family :)
I just asked one of our accounts at work about this. She grimaced a bit and expressed concern about being penalized for underpaying quarterly tax payments.