Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, white/black, all basic no upgrades
Declined trade-in, 3rd Party financing
SF Bay Area, CA

Order date 1/12 PM
EDD: Jan-Mar
VIN assigned and schedule-delivery email: 1/15 PM
Had difficulty adding co-registrant information/DL in the App, and eventually had to call customer service to manually process. It delayed the delivery by a day. Tesla customer service sucks
Pick-up: 1/20 @ Dublin

As of today (Jan 23), my EDD is less than two weeks (Jan 23-Feb 1) but still no VIN. Any ideas? Where does the VIN show up? In the app, if so where in the app? In an email?

MYLR White/Black/19"/Tow hitch
OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30
EDD: Jan 22-Jan 31 (as of Jan 22)
San Francisco Bay area

My EDD has been slipping a day at a time since Jan 18. And on Jan 21 the outside date began slipping. Anyone experiencing the same? Can anything be read into this?

Reactions: 3YMimi73
As of today (Jan 23), my EDD is less than two weeks (Jan 23-Feb 1) but still no VIN. Any ideas? Where does the VIN show up? In the app, if so where in the app? In an email?

MYLR White/Black/19"/Tow hitch
OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30
EDD: Jan 22-Jan 31 (as of Jan 22)
San Francisco Bay area

My EDD has been slipping a day at a time since Jan 18. And on Jan 21 the outside date began slipping. Anyone experiencing the same? Can anything be read into this?
I got a text and an email saying my VIN was assigned.
In the app, if you have a VIN assigned, it will be under your order number in the upper left corner.

Reactions: WyoDude
I got a small update as well, to 1/20 - 1/31 still no vin. Are you in the Seattle area as well? Maybe our cars will come on the same trailer 😂

Update: received VIN today and am scheduled for pickup 1/25, the earliest day and time available 👏
Our cars might be on the same trailer, I'm picking up in Spokane, WA on Friday (1/27) but the earliest option was 1/26.

Order Date: 1/12 (3rd model Y)
Estimated Delivery Date: January to March, then January 23 to February 6
Scheduled Delivery: 1/26
Configuration: Blue exterior, white interior. After-delivery tow package
VIN Details: Manufactured in Fremont a few days ago.
Have you received your car yet? I ordered the same Blue/White combo without ever seeing it in person, was curious about the quality of the blue paint and how it looks in the sun.

Probably not - the price drop and $7,500 was what finally encouraged me to click the "place order" button for my first EV. This is already a poor financial decision and another $3,750 increase to the bottom line just pours salt on the wound. I can afford it with or without the credit - I just don't need it. If it doesn't work out, then I'll keep driving my ICE vehicles and don't anticipate being in the market for an EV again for a few years, at least.
I understand completely. However, as an EV owner already (2019 e-Golf), I soon realized that one should factor the significantly lower operating expenses of an EV compared to an ICE vehicle. Say you get 35 miles/gallon and gas is $3.50/gallon, your fuel cost is $0.10/mile. This varies, but I get 4 miles/kWh and my cost of electricity is $0.12/kWh, giving a cost of $0.0333/mile (three times cheaper). Then, remember there is NO* maintenance for an EV, so no need for oil changes, tune-ups, transmission oil changes, coolant changes, etc. Factor in those costs and the time and hassle you save by not performing them, and EV ownership becomes quite financially attractive.

*OK, so one does need to replace windshield wipers, washer fluid, brake fluid (but not on Tesla because of electric brakes?), and tires. You may need to repair an EV, but likely less often than an ICE vehicle.

I understand completely. However, as an EV owner already (2019 e-Golf), I soon realized that one should factor the significantly lower operating expenses of an EV compared to an ICE vehicle. Say you get 35 miles/gallon and gas is $3.50/gallon, your fuel cost is $0.10/mile. This varies, but I get 4 miles/kWh and my cost of electricity is $0.12/kWh, giving a cost of $0.0333/mile (three times cheaper). Then, remember there is NO* maintenance for an EV, so no need for oil changes, tune-ups, transmission oil changes, coolant changes, etc. Factor in those costs and the time and hassle you save by not performing them, and EV ownership becomes quite financially attractive.

*OK, so one does need to replace windshield wipers, washer fluid, brake fluid (but not on Tesla because of electric brakes?), and tires. You may need to repair an EV, but likely less often than an ICE vehicle.
I get 21 MPG, pay $3.00/gallon, and $0.10/kWh, but I only drive about 1,100 miles/month. Plus, insurance for a Model Y is double what I pay for a $45K truck. Maintenance is insignificant for me since I do all that myself. Historically, I've also tended to trade my primary vehicle once a year on average, but that was before the automotive market turned upside down over the last couple of years. The most economical, prudent, and financially astute vehicle for me would be a Prius and to keep it for15-20 years before towing it to the recycler, but that's not very exciting. ;)

MYLR, white/black, all basic no upgrades
Declined trade-in, 3rd Party financing
SF Bay Area, CA

Order date 1/12 PM
EDD: Jan-Mar
VIN assigned and schedule-delivery email: 1/15 PM
Had difficulty adding co-registrant information/DL in the App, and eventually had to call customer service to manually process. It delayed the delivery by a day. Tesla customer service sucks
Pick-up: 1/20 @ Dublin
is it Austin or Fremont built? and would like to know about matrix headlights, cameras, and battery details(4680 vs 2170).

Supercharger rates are now more expensive than my ICE vehicle. I still ordered one as most of my charging will be at home ($0.13/kwh off peak) but may use the ICE car for long trips instead. I still don't think I'm saving any money by getting the MY, but personally the safety and tech features sold me.

Ordered 1/16 PM
white all base options
EDD: 2/2 - 3/2
No VIN. I haven't seen anyone get a VIN from the 16th yet...
Located in Norcal