Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a week since my OD (3/14) and my EDD still says April-June. I'm definitely expecting the delivery to be on the latter end of that estimate, but should the EDD have updated at this point to a bit of a more specific time frame? I completed the registration and trade-in pre-delivery tasks but that's it as I don't want to say I'm financing until I have my VIN. Any clarity is appreciated!
I ordered on 3/2, and I got a more specific EDD with date ranges on 3/17. So, a little over two weeks. I just put that I’m paying cash, but in my previous experience, they will still assign a VIN even if you haven’t completed the pre-delivery tasks like entering in the financing information.

I am not sure where the signature field is and my delivery has not yet been scheduled, nor have I been assigned a VIN.
IT will show up here I believe after you have 6 post. Like button will show up at that time as well. 1679422529149.png

Attachments

• 1679422485115.png
    1679422485115.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
They're pushing hard to bolster those Q1 numbers for stockholders so hope you hear something soon!
That's great as long as they keep the steering wheel bolt tightener on task.:oops: Oh, and don't forget to strap those cars to the truck before leaving!!

It still floors me that on 3/7, the day my car was on the line being built in Austin, they pushed my EDD from 3/10-3/31 out to 4/16-5/21. Then, less than 20 hours later, I woke up to a VIN in my app.

Apparently if a car gets cancelled or transportation in one direction is stalled for any reason, they reroute those cars which may be why you had this outcome. Just guessing at this point. Looking for reasons why a system would be playin' with us like that.
I have stopped looking at my app as much, but it's like if I forget the app and miss by a day or two they will sell the car to someone else...so I am forced to keep looking at an app that never seems to change.

I ordered on 3/2, and I got a more specific EDD with date ranges on 3/17. So, a little over two weeks. I just put that I’m paying cash, but in my previous experience, they will still assign a VIN even if you haven’t completed the pre-delivery tasks like entering in the financing information.

If you get a car that soon I'm going to figure you rubbed the right 4 leaf clover on St Patty's day. I was paying cash, made no difference. Changed over to partial credit through the app. Made no difference. There seems to be a rule that if they make a certain number of cars of a certain configuration, they just sell them to whoever seems to be in the q. you might get lucky that way. Look at my OD.

Another subject here- It seems my ability to make changes to my order is now locked. Not that I intended to change it, but do they lock these configurations at some point so many days before a projected delivery?

Yesterday I picked up my MYLR5, blue, black, 19, tow, OD 1/15, VIN assigned 3/3, Paramus, NJ.
SA would not unlock the car until I accepted delivery in the app. Fremont build, 5 miles on the odometer, slightly misaligned tailgate, service ticket entered. Appointment next week. As expected, no USS or Tesla Vision park assist feature. Hoping to see a "near future" software update bringing back some version of park assist.
This our second Tesla so I wanted to use one key card to unlock both cars. Two sales advisors at Paramus said this was not possible. Later found this is possible simply by going into the Locks menu and click Add Key. Tap the key card currently paired with the car then tap the key card from the other car. Now that card unlocks both cars.
The Paramus delivery center was very busy with customers on a Monday afternoon, so not much hand holding. I expect the staff could be overwhelmed at the end of this month.

Tesla's trade-in offer is usually an undermining one, from my experience, what I've heard from friends and from what I've read in this forum. Tesla offered me $34500 for my 4 year old 4 series convertible, and CarMax offered me $36K. Eventually, I sold it after posting on FB marketplace for $39500. At that time, median kbb trade-in value for a very good vehicle was $38500, and private party value was $40,500. There was no way I was going to sell it for 34.5K or 36K.
One thing I found amazing and suspect was actually an outright bold faced lie... When I got that obscene lowball offer on my truck, I texted my SA and he/she replied (referring to why a dealer was offering $8500 more than Tesla) "Right. They have more of a demand for your trade in because they are actually going to sell it. We offer trade in for gas vehicles for convenience as well as taking those vehicle off the roads to accelerate our sustainability mission."

Even at their lowball of $40,000, there's no way in hell they would send that to a crusher to take it off the road... A wholesale auction maybe, but when they got $56,130 for the MYLR, they're not walking away with $16,130 in hand by taking my truck off the road! That's laughable! At the time of the offer, that truck (20 Ram 1500 Limited) was retailing at $55-57,000.

Ahhh thank you, this put me at ease. I even reached out to my SA to make sure I wasn't missing something but he reviewed my profile and said everything that should be filled out is done, so just the wait :) thanks again!

Reactions: klin
I see some ODs in late January that have been delivered recently. My OD is early February (2/2), but my last EDD got pushed back to April 28-June 9. Any ideas why this may be? I am wondering if Tesla is planning to update the factory lines soon to accommodate some new features. This might explain why some EDDs are getting pushed back by a month or more. Any insight would be appreciated!

I see some ODs in late January that have been delivered recently. My OD is early February (2/2), but my last EDD got pushed back to April 28-June 9. Any ideas why this may be? I am wondering if Tesla is planning to update the factory lines soon to accommodate some new features. This might explain why some EDDs are getting pushed back by a month or more. Any insight would be appreciated!

my cousin ordered his on 1/24 and his edd got pushed back 4/7 - 5/12 recently.

original edd was late 3/26 - 3/31

My order date was 1/30 MYLR W/W 19" 5 and my current EDD is April 14 - May 19th. It is absolutely annoying and frustrating to keep waiting especially when Tesla mentioned that they'll be delivering between Feb-Mar for January orders.

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Yesterday I picked up my MYLR5, blue, black, 19, tow, OD 1/15, VIN assigned 3/3, Paramus, NJ.
SA would not unlock the car until I accepted delivery in the app. Fremont build, 5 miles on the odometer, slightly misaligned tailgate, service ticket entered. Appointment next week. As expected, no USS or Tesla Vision park assist feature. Hoping to see a "near future" software update bringing back some version of park assist.
This our second Tesla so I wanted to use one key card to unlock both cars. Two sales advisors at Paramus said this was not possible. Later found this is possible simply by going into the Locks menu and click Add Key. Tap the key card currently paired with the car then tap the key card from the other car. Now that card unlocks both cars.
The Paramus delivery center was very busy with customers on a Monday afternoon, so not much hand holding. I expect the staff could be overwhelmed at the end of this month.
The fact that they told you you can’t have more than one Tesla on a keycard befuddles me. When I picked up my second Tesla, that’s the first thing the delivery person showed me how to do. I now have 6 key cards and only need one for 3 cars, it’s a wonderful thing. The phone key is a plus as well 😊

Reactions: tm3lrawd
I do not think that has anything to do with it. Then they are picking and choosing who gets stuck with old version vs. new version.

I think the ones getting DD are nearer to the factories or within a reasonable distance that the vehicles can be transported there before quarter end.

Reactions: RCDriver23
I am not sure where the signature field is and my delivery has not yet been scheduled, nor have I been assigned a VIN.
Signatures are seen at the bottom of a person's post - best viewed on a computer but if you're on a phone, shift to horizontal and then you'll see signatures. You can edit yours by clicking your name at the top and then settings and signature.

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek and imgcs
Yea, I don't have enough posts either. OD 1/19 W/W 19" no tow. No VIN pushed to April 6 - May 15. Also in Raleigh, NC
So close to month end and going thru the posts on this page I don't think we'll be getting ours in this quarter. Especially with white interiors, there are almost no orders that have been delivered. So all we can do is hope or continue these conversations thru April 😁.